Yep tickets begin 7/8, and my non dvc resort starts 7/7, tickets expire 7/14. Haven't called yet as I'm sure they will not know the answer to this. :crazy2: We are considering modifying for 7/11-7/19 if they allow us , or just flat out move to August.
Our tickets were good July 7 through 20, and now they show as good through Sept 26, 2021 - which is great news for us since we had already decided not to go this summer.

No word on APs yet. If WDW follows Shanghai's lead, the APs may continued to be extended through the "advanced reservation" phase of opening.

I haven't decided whether or not I want to renew. My AP was set to expire in June, I hope the renewal period will be extended as well.

One of our tickets got extended today, weird that we have three others that haven’t
5 of our 6 tickets got extended - mine did not. Do we just hang onto them until we plan to rebook or is there anything we have to do since we probably won't be going at all this year?

I understand there are currently no new ticket sales. Would renewing my AP which expired in March (but for which I did receive a “Disney destinations” email stating that renewal period would be extended) be considered a “new ticket” or should I be able to renew via phone have already tried online and no go.

We have tickets that were bought for an April trip that was moved to June. In that process, Disney changed the dates on the tickets so they are valid from 4/25/20 to 12/15/20. When June looked like it wasn't going to happen, but before Disney announced their opening date, we moved our DVC reservation to 12/26 to 1/2. And now Disney is suspending NEW ticket sales. Should I change the dates on those tickets ASAP? Or will Disney change the valid dates again? (I know...no one has a crystal ball. lol.)

ETA...a few hours later, I decided to try to change the dates because we CANNOT go prior to 12/15. Through a "simultaneous previous date change", my personal ticket was done differently, and ended up with the 12/15 end use date, and everyone else's in the group is the 4-day 4-park magic ticket, for use up to 12/15. I clicked on the change date on MY ticket (not there on anyone else's), and it takes me to the new policy. New policy says that if you can't go during that date range, you can apply the price to a ticket with new dates. It won't let me do that!!! So we HAVE tickets...and they are not NEWLY-PURCHASED tickets, but were purchased for a canceled reservation for April and then June, and it won't let me apply them to the DVC reservations that we made 3 days ago!!! I sure hope this is a glitch, because I am beyond furious. And those DVC reservations are approx. 7 months out.

Last edited:

5 of our 6 tickets got extended - mine did not. Do we just hang onto them until we plan to rebook or is there anything we have to do since we probably won't be going at all this year?

How are you able to view expiration dates? I've been all over my MDE and can't find anyway to show expiration days of our tickets.

TIA!

How are you able to view expiration dates? I've been all over my MDE and can't find anyway to show expiration days of our tickets.

TIA!
Go into your MDE and underneath my plans you see a title My Plans, Reservations and Tickets. On the left is Daily Itinerary and Tickets and Memory Maker. Click on the Tickets and MM link and your tickets are there. Ours have been separated to each individual person as we no longer have plans together so I can only see mine and those minors I plan for.

@Muhlenberg short answer: it's my understanding that all tickets will be extended to Sept. 26, 2021. I recommend you simply wait a week or so for things to settle down.

Longer answer: the initial date extension was only through 12/15/2020, with the option to upgrade if you could not use the tickets before that date. So until last night's info about extending through 9/26/2021, needing to upgrade your party's tickets for use 12/26-1/2 would be correct. However, with the new extension, you shouldn't actually need to change the date as long as the extension updates automatically. The only concern might be you indicated yours is a regular ticket and everyone else in the party has a 4-park-magic ticket. Is that how you originally purchased the tickets, or did something get mixed up with your first switch to June dates?

We have an October 2020 trip planned that we are thinking of canceling and rebooking in October or November 2021. We purchased separate tickets through undercover with our October 2020 dates. Am I reading above post correctly and we will need to rebook for September 2021?

Go into your MDE and underneath my plans you see a title My Plans, Reservations and Tickets. On the left is Daily Itinerary and Tickets and Memory Maker. Click on the Tickets and MM link and your tickets are there. Ours have been separated to each individual person as we no longer have plans together so I can only see mine and those minors I plan for.
Thank you so much for replying. I have been able to find them. They just don't say anything about expiration dates. We were on a band/choir trip right when the closure started and were told they were good until 12/15/20. I even feel like at some point I could see that in MDE. Now they are there but don't say anything and my other daughter's AP (which was going to expire April 13) doesn't appear at all.
We currently have reservations for July 1-5 because we didn't know when Disney would reopen so were trying not to miss my daughter's extended AP window.
In terms of the new reservation system we might have a rebooking opportunity at some point but my DD's AP exists but isn't showing I wonder if she counts in the AP category or not.

Maybe our tickets aren't showing dates because they are re-determining dates.

Thanks again for taking the time!

@Muhlenberg short answer: it's my understanding that all tickets will be extended to Sept. 26, 2021. I recommend you simply wait a week or so for things to settle down.

Longer answer: the initial date extension was only through 12/15/2020, with the option to upgrade if you could not use the tickets before that date. So until last night's info about extending through 9/26/2021, needing to upgrade your party's tickets for use 12/26-1/2 would be correct. However, with the new extension, you shouldn't actually need to change the date as long as the extension updates automatically. The only concern might be you indicated yours is a regular ticket and everyone else in the party has a 4-park-magic ticket. Is that how you originally purchased the tickets, or did something get mixed up with your first switch to June dates?
I had initially bought a 6-day for me, a 3-day for my husband, and the rest were the magic tickets. I had to cancel a different reservation last year and rent out my points, so those two tickets got moved to this year. The only thing that got messed up was the usable dates on my ticket.

That's when I found that it's possible to be changing the dates on a ticket AT THE SAME TIME that Disney is making the date extension, because that's what happened to my ticket. Anyway, Disney fixed that.

I did not see the 9/26/21 thing until I read your reply. Meanwhile, I called Disney, and the CM assured me that everything is on pause right now, and once it's off the pause, I will be able to change the date.

Here's hoping! After the LAST experience with me changing dates, I thought I'd wait, and then saw the announcement of possibly not even getting into a park if you have NEWLY purchased tickets. Mine aren't new, but they are unused and I wanted to be assured we could use them for our December trip.

Mine aren't new, but they are unused and I wanted to be assured we could use them for our December trip
A "used" ticket would not be valid for park entry with only a few odd exceptions because it expires. Ticket sales have been suspended at the moment; you have valid unused tickets previously purchased before this very current situation. In this instance "Newly Purchased" means tickets that people will be able to buy going forward once WDW starts selling tickets again.

And continuing with my "knack" of calling/changing/emailing WHILE Disney is doing the same thing to my tickets, I got an email from Disney while I was talking to them.

In part...

However, because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests. There’s nothing you need to do at this time. We’ll be contacting you soon with details on this new Theme Park reservation system as well as the process of re-booking dining and other experiences—now available 60 days prior to arrival to allow for planning closer to your visit.

Problem solved! (Or, in this case, thankfully a NON-problem.)

Hello, Could someone answer a question for me please.
I bought 2x UK 14 day Ultimates in February.
I haven't linked them to our MDE accounts yet in case we can't go and our October reservation at AKL doesn't happen, I was thinking I could pass them on to someone else if they were 'floating' so to speak.
My question is:
Does this mean that we'll be considered non ticketed so ineligible for Park entrance, dining and ride reservations?
Should I link them now?
Thanks in advance for any help :)

I noticed the 9/26/21 updated expiration date on my August 6-day PH. So if I show up this August and do, say, three days of theme park visits, I could come back in August 2021 and do three more days?

I noticed the 9/26/21 updated expiration date on my August 6-day PH. So if I show up this August and do, say, three days of theme park visits, I could come back in August 2021 and do three more days?
A ticket begins to expire once it has begun being used.
It only "lasts" for a few days before any remaining (even unused) days expire.

A 6-Day Base or Hopper Ticket is valid for 6 days within 9 days beginning on the start date (within 10 days with PH Plus.)

There hasn't been anything I've seen that indicates multi day tickets are treated like non-expiring tickets. Tickets would still have a "clock" attached to them with a limited use period once you enter the park for the first time. if you have 6 day park hoppers, they are valid for 9 days from the first day.

Hello, Could someone answer a question for me please.
I bought 2x UK 14 day Ultimates in February.
I haven't linked them to our MDE accounts yet in case we can't go and our October reservation at AKL doesn't happen, I was thinking I could pass them on to someone else if they were 'floating' so to speak.
My question is:
Does this mean that we'll be considered non ticketed so ineligible for Park entrance, dining and ride reservations?
Should I link them now?
Thanks in advance for any help :)
You can link tickets to your MDE account and even after that (if unused) you can transfer them to another guest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts