A ticket begins to expire once it has begun being used.
It only "lasts" for a few days before any remaining (even unused) days expire.

A 6-Day Base or Hopper Ticket is valid for 6 days within 9 days beginning on the start date (within 10 days with PH Plus.)

There hasn't been anything I've seen that indicates multi day tickets are treated like non-expiring tickets. Tickets would still have a "clock" attached to them with a limited use period once you enter the park for the first time. if you have 6 day park hoppers, they are valid for 9 days from the first day.

Ah, tough break for me. Thanks for the clarification.

Hello...can someone answer the following for me please?

I purchased 10 day park hoppers from UT in February for our December trip (beginning December 27th). I have not linked them to my DVC reservation yet. Will we we be offered priority in the new reservation system? Does Disney know I have tickets for those dates even though I purchased via UT? Should I link my tickets? The tickets were so expensive for that time of year. I wonder if we will even be able to use the PH option.

TIA for any insight!

I purchased 10 day park hoppers from UT in February for our December trip (beginning December 27th). I have not linked them to my DVC reservation yet. Will we we be offered priority in the new reservation system? Does Disney know I have tickets for those dates even though I purchased via UT? Should I link my tickets? The tickets were so expensive for that time of year. I wonder if we will even be able to use the PH option.

TIA for any insight!
Link them.

TIA for any insight!
Link them.
I agree. Until you link them, Disney has no way of knowing that the guests named on your December reservation have tickets that are valid for those dates. I believe the computer will look for the combination of (resort reservation) plus (ticket valid for resort dates) when selecting guests who can reserve a park entry day.

Can comp tickets be given to someone else if they’ve already been linked to MDE? I just don’t know if I am going to use them and I want to return them if my trip falls through. Thanks!

1. Can comp tickets be given to someone else if they’ve already been linked to MDE?
2. I just don’t know if I am going to use them and I want to return them if my trip falls through. Thanks!
1. As far as I know they can be transferred like any other new, unused ticket.
Make sure the person to whom you want to transfer is in (or linked to) your MDX account.
2. Disney does not need free comp tickets to be returned. The comps have no actual value to Disney and
Disney can issue/reissue as many comps as they'd like with no "loss" if issued comps are never used.

Last edited:

1. As far as I know they can be transferred like any other new, unused ticket.
Make sure the person to whom you want to transfer is in (or linked to) your MDX account.
2. Disney does not need free comp tickets to be returned. The comps have no actual value to Disney and
Disney can issue/reissue as many comps as they'd like with no "loss" if issued comps are never used.
Thanks. The comp tickets are coming from an employee. I’d want to give them back to her in case someone else could use them.

If I do wind up getting these comp tickets, will I even be able to link them right now for my November reservation?

If I do wind up getting these comp tickets, will I even be able to link them right now for my November reservation?
There can be special rules right now, so I can't offer you a definite answer.

Quick question regarding the extended expiry dates for tickets. My tickets in MDE have been extended to September 26, 2021. Does anyone know if WDW has made an official statement about this?

My tickets are Canadian Promo tickets purchased last October and January for this September (with an original expiry to match). I would love to just rebook for September next year but I am concerned Disney will change the expiry back to 2020. I do know they carry they $ amount over after expiry but there are restrictions with this (can't book FP, can't buy tickets until you get there etc.) and I don't want to have to deal with that.

Just wondering if there's been a statement or news regarding the extension to September 2021,

We have an October 2020 trip planned that we are thinking of canceling and rebooking in October or November 2021. We purchased separate tickets through undercover with our October 2020 dates. Am I reading above post correctly and we will need to rebook for September 2021?

You can rebook for whatever date you’d like. If you link your tickets in MDE, you should be able to change the date online.

So I got my comp tickets which I am very grateful for. Our trip is planned for November but we haven't confirmed whether it will be to DLR or WDW. DLR is the first choice and that's where we have our flights booked. If I link these tickets to the DL app (if I even can), and we wind up changing our minds to WDW, can I switch them?

I have 3 days of old used no-expire PH tickets linked to my account with a DVC reservation for Aug. I'd like to buy a 3 day MYW base ticket to "swap out" for going to 3 parks during a my one week stay. Will I be able to make a park reservation for 3 days based upon my valid PH tickets and then add/swap for newly purchased 3 day MYW single park ticket when I arrive but before entering the parks, setting priority with member services to use that new 3 day 1st? I'd really like to save my no-expire PH.

I currently have 6-Day Flexible date tickets for our planned trip of 8/3-8/12. Does anyone think it's possible that I can upgrade these to the DVC Gold AP's before park reservations open up? If so, who would I call?

I normally go through a whole cost analysis when planning for tickets, but this trip was a last minute decision and I booked my resort and bought my tix through UT last weekend, so I rushed. I soon realized my error when talking to my kids about which 2 parks would get 2 visits and there was no consensus between us! Total facepalm moment when I went back and did the math...

Will I be able to make a park reservation for 3 days based upon my valid PH tickets and then add/swap for newly purchased 3 day MYW single park ticket when I arrive but before entering the parks, setting priority with member services to use that new 3 day 1st?
You should be able to make the park reservation based on having the old tickets in your MDE account. Whether or not you can buy a new 3-day ticket depends entirely on when ticket sales are re-opened.

So I got my comp tickets which I am very grateful for. Our trip is planned for November but we haven't confirmed whether it will be to DLR or WDW. DLR is the first choice and that's where we have our flights booked. If I link these tickets to the DL app (if I even can), and we wind up changing our minds to WDW, can I switch them?

This might depend on where you got the comp tickets from. A DLR cast member? A WDW cast member? A charity?

My daughter has a 4 day military salute ticket we’re planning to use in November. We’d like to change it to a 6 day salute. (My ticket is a 6 day. I was going to go solo for 2 days but decided to add her to my plans.) Does anyone know if guest services at Disney springs can do this? I’m worried if we don’t get it done before the park reservations start that she might be out of luck.
ETA: I will be there in late June and Shades of Green (where I bought the tickets) isn’t open at that time.

I do not believe anybody is selling tickets at this point. Your best bet, if ticket sales don’t resume sooner, is to ask at the time you are required to confirm your reservation. But i would hope ticket sales have resumed before then.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!