Tiki Mugs

thumper*

Disney Dreamer
So DH is starting a Tiki Mug collection. I know the Trader Sams Grog Grotto has several. I believe that I saw one on the Skippers Canteen Menu. Are there any other locations around the world that also serve drinks in Tiki Mugs you can purchase?

@thumper* There are a couple at Jock Lindsey's that could be considered tiki mugs

46_DisneySprings.jpg

Jock_glover.jpg

Thanks HopperFan. The musical one looks cool. Are they made of plastic or ceramic like? Where in AK can I find these? The Foodblog write up was from 2014 I think, wonder if their still around?

You can get Disney tiki mugs at the Boutiki shop in the lobby of the Poly. They usually have one or two variations and colors that you cannot purchase at Trader Sam's. Last time we went they also had Easter Island mugs/planters (not really sure what they were but they were super cool) that we came thiiiiis close to buying. Regrets.

Also inform your DH that if he's collecting tiki mugs it may be also be time to start collecting Hawaiian shirts! They go hand in hand! They have "gateway drug" Hawaiian shirts at Boutiki as well. I bought my first vintage style Hawaiian shirt there in March 2016 and now have about 25. No regrets.

You can get Disney tiki mugs at the Boutiki shop in the lobby of the Poly. They usually have one or two variations and colors that you cannot purchase at Trader Sam's. Last time we went they also had Easter Island mugs/planters (not really sure what they were but they were super cool) that we came thiiiiis close to buying. Regrets.
Thanks we'll have to check it out. He's not into sweet cocktails so this might work better then buyiing a drink he won't like just to get a Tiki Mug

Also inform your DH that if he's collecting tiki mugs it may be also be time to start collecting Hawaiian shirts! They go hand in hand!
HA HA he already has several. Sells alot of them on ebay. He is in love with most anything Tommy Bahama. Thanks for sharing this info much appreciated.

Hi
I'd love to get one of those musical ones as well though we didn't see anything like that on our last trip September 2016. We maybe didn't look in the right places though.
If anyone has seen them recently be keen to hear!

Depends what your definition of a Tiki Mug is lol
There's other collectable drinking vessels that could fall into that category.

At Pineapple Lanai there's a collectible cup and bowl seen below.
7_Pineapple.jpg

Thanks we'll have to check it out. He's not into sweet cocktails so this might work better then buyiing a drink he won't like just to get a Tiki Mug

Not sure if this is common knowledge or not, but you can buy the mug without getting a drink. You just have to ask someone that works there that you'd like to buy a mug. Even if you do get the drink they give you a "fresh" brand new boxed mug when you're done. It's been a little while, but I think it might be a little cheaper when you buy just the mug, but I could be wrong! I remember we went to Disneyland and were able to buy the 60th Anniversary tiki mug and the Maholoween tiki mug without buying any drinks. Even if it is the same price, the Nautilus mug is amazingly awesome and totally worth the price, and if you did get that with the booze you may get kicked off property after drinking all that rum!! :woohoo:

I had read somewhere that you pay the same price irregardless if you have the cocktail. As for me I'll have the drinky poo. :drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter