Tim Tracker advised not to take selfies with guests at Magic Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is why I appreciate the Dis videos. They pay cash or tell you it's not a review just information. I enjoy Tim's videos but I don't use them as a accurate indicator.
The DIS videos remove the conflict of interest of Disney paying the bill but it's my understanding that Pete is still paying for it. I'm not sure the other members of the team are fully giving thought to the cost portion at times when reviewing.

One notable exception to that was Craig when reviewing Galaxy's Edge on the Disneyland show. He fully acknowledged that they went there with deep pockets and the experience will be quite different if you don't plan on spending a lot of money in the land. As a casual Star Wars fan with no interest in building a light saber or droid... that spoke to me as it was the first review I had seen mentioning it.

A few years ago I would have said that I was a fan of Tim and Jenn also. Then they announced that Jenn was pregnant and my mind immediately went back to when Jenn with tears in her eyes told everyone during the question and answer video that she couldn't have children
They mentioned her previous fertility issues during the reveal video. Seems like an odd thing to bring up if they were lying about it?

Which is why I appreciate the Dis videos. They pay cash or tell you it's not a review just information. I enjoy Tim's videos but I don't use them as a accurate indicator.

Meaning because the Trackers do sponsored content now? I can't fault the Trackers for this. Their main source of income is YouTube, ads, and now sponsors. With the Dis, they have said in the past that the podcast is a side gig for them, secondary to their main source of income. Dreams Unlimited Travel plus WDWInfo (among other things) are likely the main components. They are fortunate to have multiple sources of income that allow them to keep their videos and podcast content unbias, which ultimately drives more traffic to them because people find them reputable. If the Trackers eliminate sponsored videos, their losing a lucrative source of income for them, and their growing family.

Meaning because the Trackers do sponsored content now? I can't fault the Trackers for this. Their main source of income is YouTube, ads, and now sponsors. With the Dis, they have said in the past that the podcast is a side gig for them, secondary to their main source of income. Dreams Unlimited Travel plus WDWInfo (among other things) are likely the main components. They are fortunate to have multiple sources of income that allow them to keep their videos and podcast content unbias, which ultimately drives more traffic to them because people find them reputable. If the Trackers eliminate sponsored videos, their losing a lucrative source of income for them, and their growing family.
I’m not faulting them and I enjoy their content. I’m saying I take their reviews with a grain of salt. Thinking critically I assign more weight to a visit that was paid for not given by Disney.

I’m not faulting them and I enjoy their content. I’m saying I take their reviews with a grain of salt. Thinking critically I assign more weight to a visit that was paid for not given by Disney.

IMO, the sponsored videos are more of a showcase of the place/event with facts and details as opposed to an actual review with opinions on how things are. Two different perspectives I suppose.

Reading this thread confirms two feelings I already held....

-I don't know why ANY sane person would intentionally set out to be a "YouTube personality" in today's culture.
-I don't think any of the DIS team sees themselves (or set out to be) a "YouTube personality". It goes with the popularity of the shows, of course, but none of them strike me as having THAT as their ultimate agenda.

And for the record, my exposure to the Trackers has been somewhat limited, but I think they're fine. I find their videos enjoyable. I take the opinions as a grain of salt. If they ever got on my nerves, I'd stop watching. Life is pretty simple that way, gang.

My wife and I absolutely love watching the Trackers but I don't think I've ever watched a video of theirs to get a review of something. It's not that we don't trust what they are saying but the only thing they ever truly review is food and we don't care about that much. We just like seeing the stuff they do because it gives us a taste of Disney/vacation when we aren't there and we get to see new things when they open when we can't get away to Disney.

Last edited:
IMO, the sponsored videos are more of a showcase of the place/event with facts and details as opposed to an actual review with opinions on how things are. Two different perspectives I suppose.

YESSSS!! SO MUCH THIS!! I was just thinking...what is the word I would use for their content? Not a "review"...but a SHOWCASE of what is available, and then BAM there was your post! This is exactly how I think of the Trackers (whose videos we love). They present what is out there and is available and have exposed us to so much more of what Florida has to offer than just WDW. We have even included many of the things they've showcased in their videos in our no-Disney Florida trip for next year. Things we never would have know existed without their videos.

I have friends who watch people on youtube play video games, or do "hauls", or makeup and beauty product reviews. Those things are not my jam, so i don't watch. There are plenty of WDW vloggers we've tried watching but found that their style wasn't our jam either. No need to name names and be critical...we just don't watch. I prefer to spread the love...

We like Tim Tracker, Lou Mongello, The DIS, KrispySmore, The Lodge Guys, Will & Lelly, DFBGuide, Beck & Lloyd, BookishPrincess, ViewFromTheCheapSeats

And anyone else out there who is making their own vlogs either for profit or for fun? You keep doing you! Do what you love and the followers/viewers who appreciate you will find you...whether it's 20 people or 200,000. Do it for YOU first.

Exactly. Enjoy them for what they are. Just understand that they may gloss over negatives.

Glossing over the negatives seems to be their inclination anyway, whether or not someone else is paying.

They seem to go into every situation expecting to have fun. If they are disappointed they look for silver linings.

Whether or not it’s “real” it’s not a bad image to present. They remind me not to be so bitter and cynical sometimes.

Glossing over the negatives seems to be their inclination anyway, whether or not someone else is paying.

They seem to go into every situation expecting to have fun. If they are disappointed they look for silver linings.

Whether or not it’s “real” it’s not a bad image to present. They remind me not to be so bitter and cynical sometimes.
Well put, and I agree (especially with it being a teachable way to be). I have to say - I have seen both Tim and Jenn not like something, and they will definitely say it, but do it "nicely". I always chuckle to see especially Tim take a huge bite of something and say "Oh - no!!!". :rotfl2:

So - only IMHO - they are pretty honest, but also more upbeat. :)

Well put, and I agree (especially with it being a teachable way to be). I have to say - I have seen both Tim and Jenn not like something, and they will definitely say it, but do it "nicely". I always chuckle to see especially Tim take a huge bite of something and say "Oh - no!!!". :rotfl2:

So - only IMHO - they are pretty honest, but also more upbeat. :)
I actually remember watching one of their videos where they explained that in the beginning they weren't as aware of their presence on camera and they worked at being more aware. I think that is why they are much more upbeat, even when giving a criticism, than they maybe were in the beginning. It actually reminds me of my phone voice I have (especially when I worked at a call center for an insurance company) lol.

They are also considered pretty darn family friendly and I think that impacts them too.

First, great last name.
Second, do you want the vlogs the disunplugged does? They do have a lot of in-park content, but it's not during their normal tuesday show.

I watch everything on DISUnplugged on youtube and I subscribe to The DIS but don't enjoy the channel as much as Unplugged.

In the last month there has been 34 shows and only 2 shows actually took place in the parks (Lion King + MNSSHP). A vast majority were them in the studio talking about various things. I really like the content but they only do in park content on brand new events typically. On the flip side TimTracker will do random vlogs in the parks and had 27 shows in the last month with 6 shows in the Disney parks (but only 6 occurred in their "studio" aka home all others were on site for various activities not just a walk through).

I will end by saying I do not subscribe to the Patreon and while it likely has more content I would never consume it as I wouldn't be listening to a podcast or watching a video on a non app based video platform.

I will end by saying I do not subscribe to the Patreon and while it likely has more content I would never consume it as I wouldn't be listening to a podcast or watching a video on a non app based video platform.

Just FYI, Patreon does have an app. That's how I watch/listen to any of the creators I follow.

I used to really enjoy watching Tim & Jenn until I realized how much drama Jenn was involved with on Twitter over a long period of time. It really changed my opinion of her. Her behavior on there was pretty eye opening and disappointing. Many of her questionable tweets have since been deleted.

Beyond that revelation, I also don’t care for their content outside of Disney, really. We don’t go to Universal, Sea World, etc. but I did enjoy their videos from those parks. I think they’re starting to position themselves more as travel vloggers now, which is fine, but their content is all over the place. They missed the first Galaxy’s Edge media sneak peek a while back because they were in Dollywood. Even though he couldn’t film it, it would have been cool to get his reaction along with all the other vloggers. And things like a tour of the 4 Seasons in Palo Alto, Margaritaville hotel in Hollywood Beach, etc. do nothing for me. The content I care about has definitely decreased, so I don’t watch their stuff as much anymore. I just check in from time to time.

ETA: I just want to add that I really wish I had never seen all the Jenn Twitter stuff from over the years because what I loved about them was the positivity and happiness in their videos, but Twitter presented a different personality and it kind of ruined it for me.

Last edited:
Just FYI, Patreon does have an app. That's how I watch/listen to any of the creators I follow.

Sorry to clarify not on Roku, Apple TV, WebOS (LG), Vizo, Samsung, or Chromecast (built-in for Google Hub). While the 3 video content providers I use have native apps on all those devices (those are the various devices around my house or in my work suitcase that I use in a given week).

Those are the various methods I consume and I vary rarely consume video content on my Laptop or Phone. Also when consume audio content its 75% Sports / 25% Music and that is because I can tune it out while working/driving (which I wouldn't want to do with DIS content).

If you have Android do you know if you can use chromecast with the app and is it video content?

Last edited:
It’s been clear for a long time that not everything they post is in chronological order, so I expect the house stuff with the water was addressed way after they moved. They went to Japan for a week and nobody knew until they were back and started posting videos about it... if you’re basing your dislike for them on timing issues and casual use of the word college, or the fact that they were told they couldn’t have kids and then got pregnant (which I’ve experienced with close friends first hand, and is more common than you may think)... well to each their own I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!