Time for a Change! (Encouragement Welcome!)

ladytorch101

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

I have started this thread to journal my adventures in weight loss. I've been struggling with weight loss for at least a year, and in the end, I just keep on piling on more pounds. I'm ready to lose that extra weight - and my goal is to look like a princess by the time my May Disney trip comes around!

The purpose of this journal is to:

1) Record my progress. What kind of food I ate for the day, What I did for exercise, and how I feel after the day is through.

2) Have some sort of motivation to continue to lose weight. If I continue to journal, I will hopefully stay more motivated!

3) To hopefully have extra support from fellow DISers!!

A little bit about myself: I am a single college student, working on my Masters in Opera Performance. Contrary to popular belief, opera singers aren't supposed to be fat! :laughing: So, not only do I need to lose weight to become healthier and happier, but if I DON'T lose weight, then I could potentially not get hired for anything once I start auditioning.

Currently my weight is at about 180. I am only 5'4, so I definitely have more body fat than I should! My goal is to be down to 140 by May. I plan on achieving that goal by eating more healthy - NO MORE MCDONALDS! - and by exercising three days a week.

Stay tuned to hear about how the first day of my diet goes tomorrow!! And thanks in advance for the support! :woohoo:

Hi All,

I have started this thread to journal my adventures in weight loss. I've been struggling with weight loss for at least a year, and in the end, I just keep on piling on more pounds. I'm ready to lose that extra weight - and my goal is to look like a princess by the time my May Disney trip comes around!

The purpose of this journal is to:

1) Record my progress. What kind of food I ate for the day, What I did for exercise, and how I feel after the day is through.

2) Have some sort of motivation to continue to lose weight. If I continue to journal, I will hopefully stay more motivated!

3) To hopefully have extra support from fellow DISers!!

A little bit about myself: I am a single college student, working on my Masters in Opera Performance. Contrary to popular belief, opera singers aren't supposed to be fat! :laughing: So, not only do I need to lose weight to become healthier and happier, but if I DON'T lose weight, then I could potentially not get hired for anything once I start auditioning.

Currently my weight is at about 180. I am only 5'4, so I definitely have more body fat than I should! My goal is to be down to 140 by May. I plan on achieving that goal by eating more healthy - NO MORE MCDONALDS! - and by exercising three days a week.

Stay tuned to hear about how the first day of my diet goes tomorrow!! And thanks in advance for the support! :woohoo:

I am staying tuned! Look forward to hearing about it - you go girl! :thumbsup2

Have a magical day.

Linda

:tinker::donald:

Ugh. Not so hot. I didn't get any exercising in today (unless you count climbing 10 flights of stairs in the parking garage, haha). And as for the food I ate...well, it was quite the atypical day.

Breakfast, around 10:30 AM: Bowl of Frosted Flakes (ok, I know these aren't healthy, but I'm not going to throw away food! I'm a poor college student:lmao:) and two pieces of whole wheat toast

Snack, around 11:30 AM: Margarita Cupcake! Definitely unplanned, but it was one of the girls in my class' birthday, and she brought cupcakes to share. I'm sure this was loaded with not good stuff, but it was soooo yummy!

Snack around 3:30 PM: Organic Blueberry Cereal bar and a YoPlait Light Yogurt.

Snack, around 6 PM: Cinnamon Crunch Bagel from Panera with Cream Cheese. Definitely not something that I should have eaten...however, I needed to break my 20 dollar bill in order to pay somebody in exact change, and Panera was the closest place! But I definitely could have chosen something a lot healthier.

Another Snack, around 9 PM: Piece of Frozen Garlic Toast. And 3 Hershey's Kisses with Almonds.

What the heck!?! My eating schedule is so strange! I think the problem is that I don't eat breakfast until later, which means I'm not hungry for lunch. I think I need to plan on a small snack at around 3:00, which will hopefully make me hungry for an ACTUAL dinner. I should probably work on eating less carbs as well....I just love bread! :sad2:

I did have a terrible performance in my voice class today, and I REALLY wanted to stress eat afterwards, but I only limited myself to three Hershey's Kisses. Better than the whole bag, right?

I plan on riding my bike to class tomorrow, so hopefully that will kick start a healthy attitude tomorrow! Thanks for reading:yay:

Well, I did slightly better today. Although I still didn't get any exercise in, darn it! I think the problem is that I don't really enjoy exercising. I haven't found an exercise routine that I WANT to do, which is half the battle. I do like hiking and rock climbing, but that's a little inconvenient to do when you only have so much free time in a day! :confused3

Anyways, here is the food that I ate today:

Breakfast, around 10 AM: Bowl of frosted flakes and 1 piece of whole wheat toast (that's an improvement, right?! I had two yesterday. hehe)

Snack, around 1:30 PM: Nature Valley Pecan Granola Bar

Dinner, around 7 PM: Whole wheat pasta with a sauce of fresh tomatoes, garlic, and olive oil. Also 1 piece of garlic bread. For desert, I had 3 WhoNu? cookies. I'd never heard of these cookies before, but my mom got them for me, and they're full of all sorts of nutrients and protein and fiber. They taste a lot like Oreos!

It's only 7:30 now, but I know that I'll be up late tonight, and will probably need some energy fuel. More than likely I will have a few cups of popcorn (the homemade kind that's popped on the stove!) I'll try to restrict the amount of butter and salt I put on it. I just LOVE popcorn! :love:

Thanks for reading, and I appreciate any tips or words of advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter