Time of luggage delivery

Jaylie

DIS Veteran
Our flight will be arriving at MCO on Monday at about 4:45. I wondered how long it would take for my luggage to be delivered to BWV. If it’ll be several hours, it might be better for us to just pick our bags up at the baggage claim ourselves and put them on the Magical Express bus. Any thoughts on this.

Up to about three hours after you check in at the resort or DME let's your resort know you're on the way.

While luggage delivery is widely considered to be the best perk of DME, actual use is up to you. Just don't yellow-tag your bags.

Have a contingency plan on case your luggage is misdirected.

It can take about 3 hours from the time you arrive at your resort.
I've never waited that long though.
I'd say unless you plan on going to bed early or you just REALLY want your luggage just let Disney deliver it.
I would never want to go wait for my luggage if I didn't have to.

I always get our luggage before getting on the bus. I prefer having it with me. We just drop at hotel and do other stuff. If your plane gets in that late in the afternoon your room will be ready when you get there. My preference is always to unpack ASAP.

We also let them get the luggage and deliver it to the room. We also always pack what we will need for the rest of that day and the next morning in a carry on just in case. Also if it's getting late and you want to go to bed call and they will gladly hold your luggage at the front desk/bell services until the next morning and deliver it when you call for it.

1 1/2 years ago, my flight landed around 11:30am, luggage delivered to BWV room around 7:00pm. My friend was on a later flight, landing around 5:30pm, no luggage when we returned around 10:00. While she was on the phone with bell services, there’s a knock on the door, it was delivered to the room across the hall and the man in that room noticed our room # on the tag.

My worse DME experience was landing at 6:50 pm and getting my luggage at 11:50 pm. I had forgotten to ask bell services to hold my luggage until the morning.

My best DME was arriving at 8:00 am and having my luggage by 10:30 am. Bonus was that I also had my room when I arrived.

My rule is that if I arrive after 5 pm, I will pick up my luggage or ask bell service to hold. From 3-5 pm, it will depend on plans for the evening. Before that, I will lit be delivered.

I think the luggage handling is the best part of Magical Express. Why get your luggage when you don't have to? Why waste more time at the airport than you need to? I pack for the first 24 hours in my carry on (which is always wise) and let Disney handle my luggage.

We always let them transfer the luggage for us - it's a huge perk. I just make sure in my carry on I have anything I'll need for that evening and 1 change of cloths. ( but that's just as much for the possibility that the airline may loose the bag )

I've had just a few issues with luggage delivery. Once it was sent to my original resort, even though the reservation showed correctly in their system. They just read the tags and sent the bags to that resort. Took close to 8 hrs to get them found and delivered. About a year ago, I waited and waited for my one bag to get to my room. After waiting 5 hrs (I had gone to a park, had dinner), I called luggage assistance. They said the bag had been delivered hours ago. They told me to check all over my room. Okay...I'm at Movies, the room isn't that big guys!!!! It took about two hrs until the bellman arrived, asking if my bag was a blue bag. No, red with white polka dots.' Ooohhhhh', he said, 'I think I know what happened'. He opened the door to the next room, and there it was. He said that the person who delivered it hadn't scanned the door to show it had been delivered there. Okay, but how did he know that if he wasn't the person that originally delivered it!!!! Hmmmmm.
If I'm arriving after 3:00, I tend to get my bag and bring it to the bus. My room will most likely be ready by the time I get there. So I can get all settled.

It's supposed to take 90 minutes from landing to get you to the resort. So you should be at the resort at 6:15p. Then up to 4 hours for luggage delivery, so you should have your luggage by 10:15p.

It's supposed to take 90 minutes from landing to get you to the resort. So you should be at the resort at 6:15p. Then up to 4 hours for luggage delivery, so you should have your luggage by 10:15p.

I've had it take as long as 2 1/2 hours. 90 minutes may be the average time, but I can't recall it every being posted as the goal they set.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter