Time saver idea

piratesmate

<font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t
To save money, we always buy the family packages of ground meat and then divide it at home and freeze for later use. I am terrible at remembering to get things out of the freezer in the morning before leaving for work. That left me trying to find recipes that we didn't mind having large chunks of burger. (When cooked from frozen, rather than fresh, it's difficult to get it broken up really well.)

I was going through a phase where I was trying to cook several large meals over the weekend to use as left-overs and tried this:

Brown the entire package while it's still fresh. Drain the fat out using a colander. Pack the cooked meat in freezer bags in the amount you use per recipe. (I use quart bags.) This works great! Now I just nuke the bag until it's loose enough to throw in Hamburger Helper, or make sloppy joes, or whatever.

It doesn't really take much longer to do the full package than just what you need for the night's meal. Now we can eat within 1/2 of coming home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter