Time to decide

drcmk

DIS Veteran
I promised myself I would decide on a week for our fall WDW trip by the end of January. I am down to two choices--the last week of September or the third week of November. I believe that September is likely to be less crowded, but more humid, while November may be a little more crowded but cooler (not to mention a longer wait!!!!). My kids have made it clear that they want to be able to swim when we go to Florida. WHich week would you pick?

Well, most of you yankees will swim in Dec in Florida on vacation, but I would pick the end of September. Still really nice to swim (without freezing when you get out of the pool). It is starting to get cooler and less humid by the end of September.

How old are the kids? Will you have to pull them out of school?
I would go with September....especially if they want to swim:D
By Nov. it is already too cool for me to swim, even though my DD would probably swim.
The other thing I always consider is the daylight! Something most people don't even consider. We change the clocks at the end of Oct and by November it is dark by 5pm. I like having those extra 2 - 3 hours of daylight.:D

... in 2002, and it was perfect! I was expecting it to be really hot and humid (and potentially rainy), but it was very nice. We had rain for about 10 minutes our whole trip and temps were in the high 80s to low 90s, so very bearable. I think early Sept. would be a different story -- probably a lot steamier than the last week of the month. Anyway, the other great thing was that the crowds were virtually non-existent the entire time we were there. You could just walk on rides at pretty much every park. I would definitely do the last week of Sept. again vs. November, which could be cold and more crowded.

Have a great trip, whenever you decide to go,
Sarah

My kids will be in kindergarten and second grade this fall and I've pretty much made peace with the idea that we will take them out of school. They want to use the hotel pool, but are more waders and splashers than swimmers so I hadn't intended to go to the water parks. Where can I look up average monthly temperatures in Orlando? I don't think we'd swim if the high temperatures weren't at least 83 or 84 degrees.

I hadn't thought about daylight savings. Are there things that are better done in daylight?

We honeymooned at WDW in late September (many moons ago!) and we did find minimal crowds, but it was awfully hot and there was that daily rain.

I can't quite decide whether I'd prefer less crowds or better weather.

Thank you all for your ideas.

I would choose November. :) September is too rainy. I'd rather have cold weather than rain.

I would choose the end of September. You have a good chance of little rain, and it will be warmer.

Just in case of rain, I'd suggest staying in a 1 building resort, like AKL, because it's more convenient. Even when it's not raining :)

We enjoyed the longer days of September. We were there for about 10 days the week after labor day. The rain usually only lasted an hour or two & didn't bother us. Funny thing, it always seemed to be when we were inside anyway!

historical weather info:
http://www.cityrating.com/cityweather.asp?city=Orlando

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter