Timing Boma ADR and First Epcot FP+

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
How long does breakfast at Boma typically take (standard time...without rushing, but not hanging around forever either)?
Trying to figure out when we can book our first FastPass if we head to Epcot afterwards the meal.

For example, is this realistic?
  • Boma ADR at 7:45am
  • Finish Boma at 9:00am
  • Uber to Epcot and arrive at 9:30am
  • Book first FastPass at 9:30am-10:30am
Thanks.

That sounds reasonable to me as far as breakfast goes. There will be security to go through once you get to Epcot, and it's a big park, so where in that window you end up will vary, but I would think you'll be OK.

Remember Boma is a buffet so you can picked up the pace or slow down as much as u need

Remember Boma is a buffet so you can picked up the pace or slow down as much as u need

Has security and the magic band scanning at Epcot improved since last year because we were stuck both those lines for quite a while on our last visit. I hate going to Epcot close to park opening because of that.

@Frozen2014: An important detail is missing from your original post. How are you getting around? Driving? Rideshare? Internal WDW transportation?

If you're driving or using rideshare and you're not a family of slow or slow-ish eaters, you should be fine.

If you're taking WDW transportation, then realize that you can't take a bus from your resort to AKL. You'll have to use rideshare/cab/Minnie Van. The only way to get there from your resort would be to go from your resort to the closest park and then take a bus from the park to AKL. Very time-consuming and might not even work out at breakfast time. You could, however, take the bus from AKL to Epcot when you're done eating. Now we're talking about 30 minutes minimum and who knows? maximum. I stay at AKL a lot and their buses are usually good, but usually doesn't mean always.

There's no huge advantage to going to Beach Club. Not to me. It's a bit of a walk from Beach Club to the International Gateway (that's the back-door Epcot entrance) and your FP+s at Epcot may be for attractions in the Future World area.

BTW, to someone upthread who asked--the bag-check at the Epcot entrance is vastly improved from last year.

@Frozen2014: An important detail is missing from your original post. How are you getting around? Driving? Rideshare? Internal WDW transportation?

If you're driving or using rideshare and you're not a family of slow or slow-ish eaters, you should be fine.

If you're taking WDW transportation, then realize that you can't take a bus from your resort to AKL. You'll have to use rideshare/cab/Minnie Van. The only way to get there from your resort would be to go from your resort to the closest park and then take a bus from the park to AKL. Very time-consuming and might not even work out at breakfast time. You could, however, take the bus from AKL to Epcot when you're done eating. Now we're talking about 30 minutes minimum and who knows? maximum. I stay at AKL a lot and their buses are usually good, but usually doesn't mean always.

There's no huge advantage to going to Beach Club. Not to me. It's a bit of a walk from Beach Club to the International Gateway (that's the back-door Epcot entrance) and your FP+s at Epcot may be for attractions in the Future World area.

BTW, to someone upthread who asked--the bag-check at the Epcot entrance is vastly improved from last year.
Thanks for the note! We're staying at Pop, but won't have a car. In general, we'll use Disney transportation. But am thinking for Boma ADR, and for Boma to Epcot....we would use uber to minimize the transportation time.

Your 930-1030 FP+ can be used until 10:45 I believe without any issue (there is a grace period, it is 10 or 15 minutes, I can't remember exactly)

I can't see any reason you can't get to that first FP+ with a 745 ADR. If you had a later time, I might question it, but it should still be pretty quiet at 7:45

Thanks for the note! We're staying at Pop, but won't have a car. In general, we'll use Disney transportation. But am thinking for Boma ADR, and for Boma to Epcot....we would use uber to minimize the transportation time.
That sounds like a good plan. You can always check the bus times when you leave breakfast. Maybe there'll be a bus for Epcot about to arrive, although the bus area is a little bit of a walk (not much) from the front of the resort, where you'd get your uber.

Has security and the magic band scanning at Epcot improved since last year because we were stuck both those lines for quite a while on our last visit. I hate going to Epcot close to park opening because of that.

Yes. They've now got a permanent larger security set-up at the entrance to Epcot and the IG entrance has been widened with more security and entry gates set up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!