Tip for Past GAC users.

tigger2on

<font color=6699CC>I can't believe I read this WHO
Hi all,
We take Ryleigh every year to Disney and she is non-verbal / non-mobile and in a wheelchair. In order to make it easier on us and not have to explain the disabilities evry time we go to get a GAC.... we save the last one used and bring it when we go again. That way they give you the same services from before on a new card with new dates. It saves them time and you time as well.
Suzanne

That's a good tip and is exactly what we do.
Still, it's a good idea to look the GAC over when you get it. 2 years ago, we went to use DD's GAC the first time and found someone else's name was on it! MK had started a new program where they send the info from a computer to a printer "off-stage". Apparently the CM pciked up someone else's GAC and gave it to us. We were able to get it straightened out, but could have avoided it by looking over the GAC before leaving Guest Services (I can blame DH for that one. He had taken DD to request the GAC while I did something else)>

Last time we went to WDW (2002) we were told we did not need any GAC as DS was in his own wheelchair. We tended to use FP where we could or otherwise WC entrance.

However, since our trip DS has also been diagnosed with ASD. I have all the relevant paper work from Consultants does anybody advise to ask for a GAC?

We got to WDW in 10 days.

Barry

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

If you have a wheelchair or ecv, you don't generally need a GAC because the CMs can see that you need to use the accessible entries (although many lines are totally accessible and have no special entrances). If, with having the wheelchair and using fastpass, your needs are met, then you don't need a GAC.
The GAC is not meant to (and usually won't) shorten or eliminate your wait in line. It is meant as a tool to tell CMs what sorts of assistance people with invisible disabilities need.
You also don't need to ask for a GAC the first day. If you find after a few days that you are having difficulties, go with your DS to Guest Services in any of the parks and explain your needs/problems to the CMs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter