Tipping Point for Value of BCV?

SherylLC

DIS Veteran
With the Beach Club Villa contracts ending in 2042 (25 years) they are still selling at top dollar. When do you think the price will drop or even become unsellable? After 20 years out? 15? 10?

I would say about 10 years out. At 10 years you still get the value of 10 vacations at Beach Club.

Unknown but if people want something, they will buy it to the end. Due to BCV location, I expect that DVD will either add an additional resort there or tear it down and build a larger new resort. What ever makes them the most money.

:earsboy: Bill

My hubby questioned why I was buying there with only 25 years left (why buy 25 years when you can buy 40+?) but i really wanted the location and the "best pool". I haven't even stayed there to date but we're headed there in September! I also figured that, being "older" Disney fans nearing our 60s, that 25 years was plenty for us and, hopefully, trips with future grandkids. Our children aren't interested in regular trips to Disney, but hubby and I are, so I hope to outlive the contract!

It's already reached that point for me. Being in our 30s, BCV is off the table for us even though it's tied for first place for me. I just can't justify half the amount of use compared to the newer ones. I will be curious about the Riviera and if they make a Beach Club "CCV" I would seriously consider buying direct which I'm sure The Brass realizes.

I would say about 10 years out. At 10 years you still get the value of 10 vacations at Beach Club.

That sounds like a fair estimation. 25 years is still quite a long time. I'd rather have 25 years of what I want that 50 of what I can live with. And, I'm pretty sure I'll have had more than my fill by then. (heck, I'd probably sell today if DW would allow it).

Considering it's got the only really big feature pool as well as being walking distance to 2 parks and the boardwalk (and gondola soon), it's got some definite advantages. If you can get a resale contract under $120 or so, it's still a reasonable deal. You have to take into account not only the cost per point but the point cost per night. The older properties are less points per night, so $120 vs $171 is not a direct ratio in terms of the actual value per point.

I'm of the opinion that Disney won't offer extensions at BCV and BWV. They will not want to keep on keeping on with the existing point values.

I'm of the opinion that Disney won't offer extensions at BCV and BWV. They will not want to keep on keeping on with the existing point values.

Of course not. At a minimum -- assuming there isn't a bigger plan in mind, which is definitely possible -- they'll do a refurb (with all rooms temporarily unoccupied), file a new declaration of condominium (to increase the number of points per unit), and sell deeds with updated pricing to better reflect the market at the time. 10-15 point studios for F&W will be ancient history come 2042, so enjoy them while they last!

It's already reached that point for me. Being in our 30s, BCV is off the table for us even though it's tied for first place for me. I just can't justify half the amount of use compared to the newer ones. I will be curious about the Riviera and if they make a Beach Club "CCV" I would seriously consider buying direct which I'm sure The Brass realizes.
IMO it's there or close looked at objectively. In many ways it's actually as much or more than an all retail purchase.

That said, there are regular questions about people's odds of booking BCV without home resort. And as time passes, getting BCV outside of home resort will only get harder. Same with BWV. So it will come down to how much someone wants to stay at one of these resorts.

That said, there are regular questions about people's odds of booking BCV without home resort. And as time passes, getting BCV outside of home resort will only get harder. Same with BWV. So it will come down to how much someone wants to stay at one of these resorts.
And Disney's hotel prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter