• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tips for BCV/VWL/BLT?

jjl181

Mouseketeer
Staying in one bedroom villas at these resorts during our next trip, first time for us using DVC.
I am hoping for some tips about room locations, hidden gems, anything to really enjoy our 1st experience in the villas :)
JIC, we are staying at BCV for 2 nights, VWL for 3, and BLT for 6. TIA!

well eat once at Cape May Cafe - BC

be sure to walk over to Epcot. (go under the bridge)

VWL if you can afford it eat at Artist point - otherwise - Whispering Canyon

BLT - Waves, Chef Mickey\

look at the activity center (community hall in most DVC) - and make sure to get the activities schedule from the front desk when you check in for both BLT and CR. Then look at it before you plan any things.

BCV
walking from BCV to Epcot can be fun - look around - enjoy what you see along the way.

BCV the gym is between bc/yc close to beaches and cream and hair salon.

VWL - take the boat at least once to MK - now the bus is faster and easier to get too - but the boat just adds something.

vwl - visit one of the rooms on the first floor - one has a fireplace - and one has a train set (not working) - plus a board game table. across the lobby is where the gym is located.

BLT - walk to the MK - much faster - now the walking path is cement and not to interesting yet - once you get to the MK - it definitely becomes interesting. this should be the quickess way to get to the MK - but if you have small children - allow them to stop and look along the way - coming back your choice - the monorail or walking back. It is pretty close to being about the same time wise.

BLT - unless you have view of the MK from your villa - definitely go to the TOW deck - now if you want to see it or want a drink go to TOWL. After 5pm you must go down to the desk in the lobby to get access to it. they will take you to an elevator on the north side - that will go to the 16th floor.

the gym at BLT is over in the CR on the 3rd floor - you must take the elevator - the escaltor does not stop on this floor.

Love it. BLT is my favorite - it has a fountain/splash pool for little ones but just about everytime the teens were enjoying it more....

Thanks! Normally we stay at POR, so we haven't spent much time at the deluxe hotels except for dining. Are there any room requests we should ask for? Close to transportation and/or main bldg would be great, but not sure how spread out everything is, does it make a difference? All our reservations are for 1br standard view.

Thanks! Normally we stay at POR, so we haven't spent much time at the deluxe hotels except for dining. Are there any room requests we should ask for? Close to transportation and/or main bldg would be great, but not sure how spread out everything is, does it make a difference? All our reservations are for 1br standard view.
BLT
Definitely, you should take in Wishes from the TOWL deck. Arrive an hour early to secure your spot, or if you don't mind jostling with others a bit, maybe 15 minutes before Wishes begins.

Chef Mickey's is fine, but be prepared to pay a premium for the meal. If you want a signature restaurant, California Grill is one of the best (at least it was before they closed for refurbishment--they should open in early to mid-September).

VWL
My home resort! :thumbsup2
- Ask for a Hidden Mickey hint sheet at the front desk.
- Watch the geyser (roughly every hour on the hour)
- Hidden Springs hot tub and pool (rarely crowded)
- Nature trail (starts behind the bike rental shop)
- Sit on the beach and watch EWP; much of Wishes is also in view from the beach
- Artist Point is also a very good signature restaurant, and perhaps the most romantic on property other than V & A.
- Stroll over to FW; the breakfast buffet at Trail's End is one of the better deals on Disney property
- I'm not a fan of Whispering Canyon--too hit or miss (mostly miss). However, Roaring Fork has solid selections off their grill, and in the mornings, they have freshly-made Mickey waffles!

Enjoy! Sounds like a great trip! :)

Echo the suggestion for Chef Mickey's. That's one of our faves.

Also, if you try to stay at BLT, I don't think it's worth it for the resort view. We actually enjoy watching the fireworks from the roof more than from the room.

Echo the suggestion for Chef Mickey's. That's one of our faves.

Also, if you try to stay at BLT, I don't think it's worth it for the resort view. We actually enjoy watching the fireworks from the roof more than from the room.

We have been to CM before, and didn't have a great experience either time. I considered it again, since we were staying there, but time wise I now have to decide between a late bf at CM or lunch at CDF.....
I think a theme park view sounds awesome, but considering how little we would actually be in the room staring out the window it's probably a waste of points :)

We'd never known had our daughter not been ill, but they actually have a very nice community center at BLT and if you have kids and pass by to say hello, i'm sure they'll be too happy to give you some kind of goody for the kids; last time we were there, they insisted on us taking along some do-it-yourself halloween masks for our kid; it's a great way to close off the day after a day of hyperactivity.....

I think a theme park view sounds awesome, but considering how little we would actually be in the room staring out the window it's probably a waste of points :)

One of my enduring memories of WDW is sitting on the balcony, late, after everyone was in bed, asleep. I watched the Castle change colors and soaked up the scene.....music was floating up from somewhere...I thought it came from Tomorrowland, but it was really late and I thought the park was closed, but it was amazing.

Worth the extra points? Maybe not.....but I would not trade that experience for anything....

The bamboo garden are behind BLT is another of my faves.....I hung out there for a little while after the fireworks one evening...very peaceful.

BLT -- Some people don't know that The Wave in the Contemporary has a very nice buffet breakfast located behind a wall in the back of the restaurant. Nice selections!

Trooper, I agree I sat on the TPV balcony. For two hours after the park closed, very relaxing, and we slept in and had room service the next morning...:goodvibes:goodvibes

WE've only had TPV and been on the 10 or 11 floor. Same studio twice:cool1: I'd ask for woods view for VWL high floor and I prefer high floor for BCV, got the same studio there twice too?

We have been to CM before, and didn't have a great experience either time. I considered it again, since we were staying there, but time wise I now have to decide between a late bf at CM or lunch at CDF.....

Interesting. It's one of the few places at WDW where we have NOT had a sub-par experience during our visits. On the other hand, the breakfast restaurant in Norway at EPCOT....

VWL -

- ask for a 1bd in the central circle by the elevator, layout much nicer than a hall room.
- do the free guided tour one morning - meets in lobby - fascinating what you learn about Walt and about how the lodge was built.
- ask for a Hidden Mickey sheet - on your own time you can go on a treasure hunt around the lodge.
- take the boat to the park or to GF, Poly or CR for dinner
- and my favorite, stand on the boat dock around dusk and watch the Electrical Water Pageant go by - it's charming and so reminiscent of Midwest summers on a small lake.

Interesting. It's one of the few places at WDW where we have NOT had a sub-par experience during our visits. On the other hand, the breakfast restaurant in Norway at EPCOT....

Second this for us. The Princess meal in Norway is not on our repeat list.

We just did BCV (in Jan) and loved our room location. We asked for 3rd floor and pool view...we got 302 (2BR with 2 queens). It was end of that arm and next to stairwell that led down and out to front of main building where the bus stop was. Loved it. It was nice and quiet too. Here is a villa location chart: http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/floor1.php

We were not thrilled with Cape May for dinner. We ate there in 2009 and LOVED it, but this Jan it was very disappointing. They took many items off the buffet. The service was slow too (1 drink the entire meal). My DDs and I had lunch at Beaches and Cream and it was very yummy. It is diner type food and the ice cream is delish (No Way Jose sundae is #1). The pool is fabulous.

We did VWL in 2008 for 4 nights. I don't remember anything about room location...we had a 1BR then. It was very quiet there. We did Whispering Canyon for lunch and breakfast. We really loved the breakfast...the lunch was ok (bottomless milkshakes were yummy). We had dinner at Artist Point and weren't impressed, though it remains my SIL's very favorite restaurant at WDW and we will be giving it another try in Dec (big family Xmas trip). My DH and DS love VWL but it didn't really do anything for me. It's quiet and dark and woodsy. The main lodge is very impressive. The pool was decent.

We have our 1st stay at BLT in Oct. Can't help you with room locations or tips there. We requested near skyway bridge...we have a lake view studio. We did stay at the CR once and just loved it. Having the monorail opens up many dining choices. When we are there in Oct we will be mostly doing F&W for meals but we did book 1 ADR at Kona (at the Poly).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter