• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tips for modifying National ressies

elgerber

DIS Veteran
I know there have been many posts about National rental, and how so many of you don't want to mess with your ressies because you get bumped to counter or you lose your rate. I had booked a couple of weeks ago when the rates were so good. Yesterday I booked my air, and ended up adding an extra day. Instead of modifying it on the website, I e-mailed their reservations department. She was able to add another day at my rate (base and daily rates have gone up a lot in the last couple weeks) and kept me with Emerald Aisle service. Just a suggestion to try e-mailing them if you need some changes, they might be able to help.

Erika

Good advice Erika. I simply don't have the time to wait for an email response (I want instant gratification :) ). Unless I have to add a day, I don't even bother changing them if the flights are changed , they hold the car for twenty fours hours after the scheduled pick up time and they only charge you for the time you are going to use the car, so, it makes no sense to change it for that. NOW, if I see the rate has fallen, you watch me make a new reservation and cancel the old. I do this with lightening speed. LOL

Gail,

If my rate drops again, you watch me change my ressie and cancel the old too LOL. Also at lightening speed. They were quick with their response though, probably about 2 hours.

Erika

Originally posted by elgerber
Gail,

If my rate drops again, you watch me change my ressie and cancel the old too LOL. Also at lightening speed. They were quick with their response though, probably about 2 hours.

Erika

We are a bunch of "lighening speed" folks here on the DIS. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter