Tips please for transporting aero bed on plane?

Jillpie

Can you package some Main St. music and send it to
I bought a single size aero bed for use at the BCV's in April. I just took a closer look at it packed in its bag. The top of it (the elasticized opening) can easily open. So here goes...do you check yours or carry it on? Its pretty heavy to carry around the airport, I would like to check it, but HOW do you keep that opening closed tight? Its too bulky to pack in a suitcase, do you just check it all by itself? Thanks alot for any tips you may have!

I have just packed two areo for our up coming trip one in two seperart suiot cases fold it out flater rather than roll it in its bag fit the bes sheet and pump in top part of our suitcases Good luck Brenda

We carried ours on with us. We left it in the box, and carried it in a shopping bag. When we went through the gate, they did take it out of the box to check it.

Brenda, that might sound like a good idea! I never thought of taking it out of its convenient bag. I'll have to try that, thanks! Karin, our box is long gone...but thanks anyway for your thoughts.

I bought a small rolling duffle bag for our twin aero bed. There's room in there for all the parts rolled up, plus a twin sheet. It lives in the bag between trips so it is always ready to go. Oh, and I just check it with the rest of the luggage. Easy!

Just one question - why would you bring an air mattress on your trip? Wouldn't you get a room that fit all the people in your party? An air mattress would be great to have, but where do you put it?

DizMare, I'm liking your idea more and more. One question, did you find it cumbersome to have just one more piece of luggage to worry about along with all your others? thanks.

Hi Jillpie,
The rolling duffle is small enough and manueverable enough for one of the kids to handle. I just measured the base of the duffle and it is 21" if that helps.

Hi LoveThatMouse,
We bring an aero bed because my son and daughter cannot share a bed peacefully - in fact, no one can share a bed with my son, who is a WILD sleeper! Jillpie should have no trouble using it at BCV, as we used it at DxL, BW, and OKW. If there's limited floor space, you can prop the bed up against a wall or just deflate it.

DizMare, thanks again, I think I will look into the duffle idea. You mentioned you used it at DxL. We'll be there first for three nights and didn't even think about using it there, we just use their trundle. But, in thinking about it, did it just fit into that space where the trundle would go?

Yep, right there between the bed and the wall/door area.
Love our aero bed - we all get a peaceful night!

DizMare - is your son and my daughter related ! LOL! When we stay at DXL (love everything about that place, except for the double beds L) ), my husband and I take turns sleeping with my dd because we know how much she wiggles around. This way every other night we each get a good nights sleep. Now I am going to talk to him about the aerobed for my dd - seems like a great idea.

LOL! For awhile we thought our dd was just complaining to get out of sharing a bed with her brother. Then dh and I each took a turn sleeping with him. Never again!! I think I woke up bruised!

Bet you'll love your aero bed!

we just bought the aerobed sleeping bag combo and it worked great, I think I saw it in the jcpenney catalog for 99.00, havent taken it to disney yet because we stay at the wilderness lodge/ bunk beds a must. dd and ds would never sleep together and hey its my vacation why do i get stuck sleeping with one of them.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter