Tipsy is as Tipsy Does - A February '17 Dining Adventure - Complete 8/15

She took hip hop this year and they danced to Can't Touch This.

So cute! And it sounds way more fun than some of them my sister is in hip hop and tap and her tap number was from Bye Bye Birdie. Her outfit was awful for it :rotfl: and being a teenager she really hated it.

Our burgers were cooked a perfect medium rare and they go wonderfully on the pillowy, buttery bun.

Perfectly cooked burgers who could ask for anything more :lovestruc

We kicked off fathers day yesterday with Casey's dance recital. She took hip hop this year and they danced to Can't Touch This. It was quite the scene to behold, but she did great and of course was completely enamored with being on stage.

She looks sassy :D The poor dads though, probably the LAST thing they want to do on Father's day :rotfl:

I'm sure these would have been wonderful, but as you can probably guess from my photo snagged from the food blog, they never arrived. Our entrees came out in fairly short order, so we just let it go.. But I'm sure they could have been delicious.

Boo!

Despite not getting our fries, we really do love beaches and cream.

Us too!

We were elated to pick-up an extra fast pass for Toy Story

Does that actually happen now, or was it a fluke? We haven't been back since the third track was added.

Late or not I couldn't be happier that you did :-)
:hug:

The 3 B's: Beer, Burgers, & Brownies
Okay, you had me at the title.

It was quite the scene to behold, but she did great and of course was completely enamored with being on stage.
Yay! Glad the dance recital was a success! :thumbsup2 Casey looks like a natural :goodvibes

We were seated quickly and took the opportunity to enjoy some German beer in this pure Americana place.
:laughing:

I'm sure these would have been wonderful, but as you can probably guess from my photo snagged from the food blog, they never arrived. Our entrees came out in fairly short order, so we just let it go.. But I'm sure they could have been delicious.
Oh, no! :scared1: How positively unfortunate. That picture looks heavenly.

Its a fun, kitchy environment where you can indulge in burgers, beer, and ice cream. What more do you really need in life?
Nope, that pretty much covers it, huh?

Excited to hear about your adults-only time!

Catching up on your reviews, first congratulations on the 5,000 posts, awesome!

Via Napoli is delicious, glad your favorite pizza was a winner, sorry about the poor service. We have had about 50/50 with service.

Beaches and Cream is still on my list to try, Andi has had ice cream there with her friends a couple years ago, I sadly have not. Casey is so cute as a hip hop diva!

Casey of course offered to model our Schofferhofer's for us. If you've never had this or somehow missed me waxing poetic about it before, Schofferhofer is a german Hefeweizen combined with grapefruit juice that sadly has very little alcohol content, but amazingly is just about the most refreshing beer you could imagine. These of course did not disappoint.
Sooooo yummy. And very unfortunate that it's so low alcohol.

Casey looks so cute in her recital outfit. That is an awesome song to dance to!!! I hope you video taped it!

efore I get to the food and our further tipsy adventures, this post officially marks the occasion of my 5,000th post on the DIS. When a pregnant and morning sickness laden me joined the DIS back in 2010 when we were planning an anniversary trip to the one place I felt I wouldn't mind not drinking in (believe it or not), I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Now 7 years and 5,000 posts later I'm so grateful for the advice, friendship, and of course all of you. Thanks to you all for journeying with me and the fam on our adventures and dealing with my "humor," sarcasm, hatred of mushrooms, and love of food and tipsiness all in the name of disney. :love:
paschal happy cry.gif

Reaching 5,000 is very cool. I got excited when I hit 1,000. I can't imagine 5,000, but give me 7 years and (hopefully) a couple trip reports, and maybe I'll be getting close.

We'd last left off slightly tipsy from our Animal Kingdom adventures and found ourselves looking at this monstrosity parked in the bus depot to take us to Ep-A-Cot.
:scared1: and I thought a Mears bus was scary...

As usual per Via Napoli, the service sucked (we waited at least 15 minutes after being seated before we saw our server), it was chaotic and loud, but they are serving some of the best pizza I've ever had so I can overlook all the shortcomings in the name of amazing food.
Pretty much my thoughts too. But I always go there. Of course I have only had plain old pepperoni shared with the girls, but still good.

We kicked off fathers day yesterday with Casey's dance recital. She took hip hop this year and they danced to Can't Touch This. It was quite the scene to behold, but she did great and of course was completely enamored with being on stage.
I can relate. We had two recital nights the weekend before. Katie does five dances (yes, a bit nuts, but there are several other girls who do more), hip hop, ballet, jazz, modern, and tap.

If you've never had this or somehow missed me waxing poetic about it before, Schofferhofer is a german Hefeweizen combined with grapefruit juice that sadly has very little alcohol content, but amazingly is just about the most refreshing beer you could imagine. These of course did not disappoint.
I just said this on Ariane's report, but I still haven't tried Shofferhofer. I actually looked for it locally but the liquor store doesn't carry it. Oh well, time for a trip to Epcot I guess.

We of course couldn't leave without dessert and while I encouraged the crew to finally try the No Way Jose, they were supportive of me and my peanut allergy and instead ordered the Fudge Mud Slide, a gooey, chewy Brownie covered with Hot Fudge, Three Scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream, Oreo Cookies, and Whipped Cream topped with Chocolate Syrup and a Cherry.
You really can't go wrong with either one (well, except the allergy). I had the Fudge Mud Slide too and can vouch for its awesomeness.

I really want some pizza now!

Glad you enjoy the lunch from beaches and cream! American food is true form!
Yep we may not be as fancy as France or have as much heritage as the whole dang rest of the world, but we do know how to make a good ole US of A burger like no one else :-)

I've only had ice cream at Beaches and Cream, but would love to try a burger one of these days...Again, love the family pics!
Thanks Jenny. You should definitely try the burgers then of course follow it with more ice cream!

I'm very disappointed there are no hammer pants in this outfit
Funny we thought there would be. When she brought a picture of it home a few months ago it totally looked like they'd be hammer pants. I was mortified at first but then disappointed when they really weren't :-)

Those onion rings look amazing!
They are oh so good. Its a toss up for me between these and flame tree being the best in the world.

I can't decide if I want to try this one or the no way jose. Guess I'll just have to get both!
:-)

The Mud Slide would have been my choice. I like a brownie sundae. :)

One of these days we'll have to try it. We stay at the BC all the time and never eat at B&C. There seems to be so many other places to eat. :)
Yeah there are so many places to eat, but Jason loves a burger so as soon as he found this place no trip is complete without it.

Actually drinking a Schoefferhofer as I read this ;) They are truly refrehsing!
Oh I'm so jealous. I tried to get some at our wine store the other day and they didn't have any. I was so disappointed.

That's awesome that Casey enjoys her dance class & that the recital song was Can't Touch This! It brings back a memory from my childhood of the Jersey shore, oddly enough. I grew up in NJ & PA & used to vacation at the Jersey shore as a kid. Since I'm a 90s child, I remember all the MC Hammer t-shirts ($ pants, lol!) for sale in the gift shops on the boardwalk. I was there with a friend & her Mother one year & her Mom agreed to let me buy a shirt that said Can't Touch This on the front w/handprints in certain areas on the back. Of course, the shirt was neon green with pink writing on it & made long so you could tie it up on one side. Gotta love those 90s styles! I think I was like 11 or 12 at the time so to me, it was just a funny tshirt. Haha! I'm sure my Mom was not super thrilled about it when I got home & I don't remember wearing it out much so surely that was the case..
Loving the memory lane. I think I may have seen that exact shirt on the boardwalks of Maryland :-) Wonder why your mother didn't want you wearing it :P I can totally imagine casey wanting something in this vein one day

If I can ever manage to tear myself away from my beloved Crew's Cup Lounge for a burger, I will be trying Beaches & Cream one of these days. I go to Crew's Cup often enough that the servers there know exactly what I will order before I say it. :-)
We have to get to the crews up one of these days. I hear so many awesome things about it.

So cute! And it sounds way more fun than some of them my sister is in hip hop and tap and her tap number was from Bye Bye Birdie. Her outfit was awful for it :rotfl: and being a teenager she really hated it.
Yikes hip hop and tap does not scream Bye Bye Birdie. Casey's recital had a decades theme so there was plenty of bad music to choose from, so all things considered Can't Touch this was looking pretty darn good

She looks sassy :D The poor dads though, probably the LAST thing they want to do on Father's day :rotfl:
Sassy and Casey is an understatement. She headed off to her last day of kindergarten today and insisted on wearing gladiator sandals, a short dress, and her hair in a bun then proceeded to look in the mirror and say she was on point.

We totally lucked out at the recital that Casey's class was the second up (of 30) so we made an early escape :-)

Does that actually happen now, or was it a fluke? We haven't been back since the third track was added.
We've done it 2 or 3 times so I don't think it was a fluke. When we've done it we spend the morning in Epcot and only have 1 FP (cause who really needs one for anything that isn't tier 1) then as soon as we use it we've been able to pick up Toy Story for later in the day.

Beaches and cream looks good and simple, i will be adding it to our jan trip.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Yay! Glad the dance recital was a success! :thumbsup2 Casey looks like a natural :goodvibes
I wouldn't say she is a natural, as she unfortunately is inflicted with my clumsiness, but she loves it and thats all that matters :-)
Oh, no! :scared1: How positively unfortunate. That picture looks heavenly.
Those fries did look dang good. Oh well, guess we'll just have to go back and try again :P

Catching up on your reviews, first congratulations on the 5,000 posts, awesome!

Via Napoli is delicious, glad your favorite pizza was a winner, sorry about the poor service. We have had about 50/50 with service.

Beaches and Cream is still on my list to try, Andi has had ice cream there with her friends a couple years ago, I sadly have not. Casey is so cute as a hip hop diva!
Hi Caroline! Thanks for the congrats. You all should definitely give beaches a whirl. Its pretty easy to get last minute lunch reservations there and I can't imagine anyone leaving disappointed.

Sooooo yummy. And very unfortunate that it's so low alcohol.

Casey looks so cute in her recital outfit. That is an awesome song to dance to!!! I hope you video taped it!
It is unfortunate its so low in alcohol, but its so darn good I can't tear myself away.

We did video Casey's dance.

Reaching 5,000 is very cool. I got excited when I hit 1,000. I can't imagine 5,000, but give me 7 years and (hopefully) a couple trip reports, and maybe I'll be getting close.
Thanks Jeff. I don't know where the time has gone. I just glanced down and was almost at 5,000 one day. I had no idea I had so much to say :-)

I can relate. We had two recital nights the weekend before. Katie does five dances (yes, a bit nuts, but there are several other girls who do more), hip hop, ballet, jazz, modern, and tap.
Wow, 5 dances that is a lot!!!! Casey asked about joining the dance company at her dance school, but it requires 3 classes a week. I thought that was too many for now, but 5 I can't even fathom.

ou really can't go wrong with either one (well, except the allergy). I had the Fudge Mud Slide too and can vouch for its awesomeness.
Yeah that silly allergy thing, may kill me, but the ice cream is good :P

I love reading your reports!! I enjoyed the read, Thank You for Sharing!!!
Thanks for reading and enjoying!

She took hip hop this year and they danced to Can't Touch This.
Stop! Hammer time. I had to write that because you just don't get to say it enough anymore. She looks adorable.

So hangry that being the loving Mother I am, I allowed her to eat my beloved schoolbread I'd picked up the night before.
As you know from my reports you are MUCH nicer to your child tan I am to mine and there is no way I would've given up my school bread. I would've told them to dig in to the already going stale Disney chocolate caramel popcorn we had sitting in the room.

Before our entree's we ordered a side of Cheese and Bacon fries, French Fries topped with Cheese Sauce, Bacon, Red Onions, and Garlic-Peppercorn Ranch as an appetizer.
OMG those look delicious! Every time you look at the picture don't you wonder how they'd taste :rotfl:

Despite not getting our fries, we really do love beaches and cream. Its a fun, kitchy environment where you can indulge in burgers, beer, and ice cream
We've been there twice and really enjoy it also. Great basic food in a fun environment. Since our Aug. trip was made well within that oh so magical 180 day mark I couldn't get a reservation there but there's always the chance of getting one last minute :thumbsup2

5,000th Post

Before I get to the food and our further tipsy adventures, this post officially marks the occasion of my 5,000th post on the DIS. When a pregnant and morning sickness laden me joined the DIS back in 2010 when we were planning an anniversary trip to the one place I felt I wouldn't mind not drinking in (believe it or not), I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Now 7 years and 5,000 posts later I'm so grateful for the advice, friendship, and of course all of you. Thanks to you all for journeying with me and the fam on our adventures and dealing with my "humor," sarcasm, hatred of mushrooms, and love of food and tipsiness all in the name of disney. :love:

YAY!! You are a Disboarder ALL STAR!! :worship:

Now I have no idea why they needed to pad lock the door and I can only fathom what they had inside the bathroom that they needed to keep us away from, but this of course did nothing to dissuade my concern. Thankfully I was texting my dear friend @ariane37 who assured me she'd report us to authorities should the bus driver decided to harvest our organs :-)

Dodgy bus driver, indeed. Haha.

e2a97625-9fe4-40cb-970c-b57ff1ac8495.jpg

Haha I always seem to take a picture of 70's lab technician too. I also had a pair of boots that looked like that too. Thankfully it was a long time ago and has since been donated. :laughing:

I call BS and a tier 1 should be a tier 1 and am now reminded that I meant to email disney with my indignity. I'll have to pour myself a glass of wine and get right to that :drinking1

Yes please do that. Pour out your indignity with Disney! :laughing:
I will sign the petition!

Not to be outdone, Jason couldn't help put join in.

Haha love this picture. Looks like something out of The Ring.

And if I recall Matthew got something boozy.

Excellent observation skills while tipsy!

Much to my chagrin there were some dreaded mushrooms in the mix, but that aside we enjoyed some wonderfully fried artichokes, asparagus, eggplant, and zucchini in their delicious marinara sauce. Apparently the sauce was so good that Casey quite literally licked the bowl clean.

OOOH This looks relly good. I love anything fried!

For those who haven't read about this pizza the other 10,000 times I've eaten its white pizza with artichoke, fontina, mozzarella, and truffle oil to which we also add arugula. To say this is the best pizza ever is an understatement and to say I would just about kill for some now is even more of an understatement. :-)

Yes, I have you to thank for getting me to try this delicious arugula-topped pizza!

So hangry that being the loving Mother I am, I allowed her to eat my beloved schoolbread I'd picked up the night before.

BEST Mom ever!!

They had several special coffee drinks for the Festival of the Arts and I found this one at the Joffrey's kiosk by Ellen's Energy Adventure. While I'm not sure it was worth the almost $10 price tag, it tasted delicious and delivered my favorite combination of caffeine and booze all at once.

This sounds delicious!

If you've never had this or somehow missed me waxing poetic about it before, Schofferhofer is a german Hefeweizen combined with grapefruit juice that sadly has very little alcohol content, but amazingly is just about the most refreshing beer you could imagine. These of course did not disappoint.

I have been meaning to try this!! Is it anything like those summer shandys with grapefruit?

Love Casey's can't touch this.
Darth-Vader-Cant-Touch-This.gif

Oh yum Beaches and Cream. I've been trying for 2 weeks to make ressy's for Dec 6'th and can't get any. Not sure what's up with that are they really that busy or can you just not make ressy's that far in advance.

We've done it 2 or 3 times so I don't think it was a fluke. When we've done it we spend the morning in Epcot and only have 1 FP (cause who really needs one for anything that isn't tier 1) then as soon as we use it we've been able to pick up Toy Story for later in the day.

Definitely going to try this! Thanks for the tip :thumbsup2

Stop! Hammer time. I had to write that because you just don't get to say it enough anymore. She looks adorable.
You really don't, unless you are Casey and say it incessantly for the last few months :-)

As you know from my reports you are MUCH nicer to your child tan I am to mine and there is no way I would've given up my school bread. I would've told them to dig in to the already going stale Disney chocolate caramel popcorn we had sitting in the room.
I'm not sure if I'm nicer or just lazy. There wasn't anything else in the room for her to eat (unless wine or toothpaste counted :P) and I didn't feel like walking the whole 50 yards to The Mara so my schoolbread was lost forever.

OMG those look delicious! Every time you look at the picture don't you wonder how they'd taste :rotfl:
:P

We've been there twice and really enjoy it also. Great basic food in a fun environment. Since our Aug. trip was made well within that oh so magical 180 day mark I couldn't get a reservation there but there's always the chance of getting one last minute :thumbsup2
We've only ever gotten our reservations there day of or day before, so there is hope for burgers, ice cream, and schofferhoffer for your gang.

YAY!! You are a Disboarder ALL STAR!! :worship:
Thanks Su-Lynn

Haha I always seem to take a picture of 70's lab technician too. I also had a pair of boots that looked like that too. Thankfully it was a long time ago and has since been donated. :laughing:
Too bad you got rid of them, was totally going to dare you to bring them along on your August trip and rock them through space ship earth :-)

Yes please do that. Pour out your indignity with Disney! :laughing:
I will sign the petition!
Still haven't had enough wine yet to do it, but I'm working on it.

Haha love this picture. Looks like something out of The Ring.
Jason is quite the picture master :-)

BEST Mom ever!!
Casey may disagree on most days, but I should totally remind her of the school bread

I have been meaning to try this!! Is it anything like those summer shandys with grapefruit?
It's probably pretty close, but since Heffeweizen is the base its not quite as heavy

Love Casey's can't touch this.
Darth-Vader-Cant-Touch-This.gif
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: If only the 5-8 year olds were this coordinated :P

Oh yum Beaches and Cream. I've been trying for 2 weeks to make ressy's for Dec 6'th and can't get any. Not sure what's up with that are they really that busy or can you just not make ressy's that far in advance.
We've always been able to get a day of reservations so not sure if they have a different policy than other or not

Definitely going to try this! Thanks for the tip :thumbsup2
:thumbsup2

Casey's dance recital.
Look at that girl! She is loving every minute. :)

being the loving Mother I am, I allowed her to eat my beloved schoolbread I'd picked up the night before.
That is a true mark of selfless motherhood.....I don't know if I would share my school bread!

While I'm not sure it was worth the almost $10 price tag, it tasted delicious and delivered my favorite combination of caffeine and booze all at once.
You can never go wrong with coffee and Baileys!

We were seated quickly and took the opportunity to enjoy some German beer in this pure Americana place
Yum, my fave!

udge Mud Slide, a gooey, chewy Brownie covered with Hot Fudge, Three Scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream, Oreo Cookies, and Whipped Cream topped with Chocolate Syrup and a Cherry.
Oh my! This looks delicious!

Drinkin' Around the Springs

Jason and I have been trying to do an evening of eating and drinking around Disney Springs for quite some time now, but every time we did it rained so we made alternate plans. This trip the weather gods were finally on our side and it was time to get our drink on.

As tonight was an adult only adventure we dropped Casey off at Simba's Club at AKL before we headed to the Springs. Now a lot of you know I often refuse to learn new names to things with MGM (aka Hollywood Studious) and DTD (Disney Springs) being a prominent part of my lexicon. Part of this is nostalgia and part of it is in protest for changing the name of something and giving me absolutely nothing different. As I hadn't been to "DTD" in several years that was still what I called it. Then I saw Disney Springs and that all changed. Wow, just Wow!!! They did an amazing job and I will officially retire DTD from my vocabulary. But MGM you still gots a lot to prove.

Ok, onto the drinking.

We started at Jock Lindsey's as we weren't overly hungry yet and thought that would be a good place for a few drinks.

Jason got the Scottish Professor, Monkey Shoulder Blended malt Scotch Whiskey, Hendrick's Gin, Pear Nectar, Simple Syrup, and fresh Lemon Juice. I am not a fan of whiskey so I anticipated hating this, but the scotch wasn't very predominant and this was very refreshing.

I got the Anything Goes which is byejoe dragon fire spirit, fresh Lime Juice, Passion Fruit, and Pineapple Juice. This was more tart than hot from the dragon fire, but everything went really well together. Side note not sure if you can tell from the picture, but this glass was ridiculously tall. I had to sip it off the table for fear of trying to pick it up.

We only had one drink each and decided to journey. I didn't get any pictures from inside, but it was very cool in bringing the Indiana Jones motiff to life. I'm sure we'll be back again some day. With our tables in wonderland card we saved $3.90.

Our initial plan was to hit up the Boathouse next, but Paddlefish had just opened that week so we elected to go there. As I'm a huge fan of outdoor dining and drinking we headed up to the top of the boat where these beautiful views awaited us.

Tummies rumbling we decided to both eat and drink at this locale. In the drinks department Jason went with the Backyard Fizz which is Chareau Aloe Liqueur, Hayman's Gin, House Sour, cucumber, and mint.

Per Jason this was really just a gin mojito instead of a rum one and he wasn't very impressed. All the drinks at paddlefish were expensive (this one was $16) and did not live up to the price tag. The drinks at Nomads lounge far eclipsed these and were literally half the price!!!

I went with the Not Everyone's Margarita, which is Nuestra Soledad Mezcal, El Destilador Blanco, Crème de Mûre, House Sour, and Jalapeño

This margarita is definitely not for everyone as the mezcal adds a unique smokiness, but i rather enjoyed it. However the jollypeno (as we call them in our house) was pretty absent so it didn't have the heat I was expecting. Also at $15 dollars, it was ridiculously overpriced.

For eats they just have a late night menu they serve from on the top deck.

This was fine by us as we knew exactly what we wanted:

CRAB FRIES!!! As a girl who grew up right around the corner from the Chesapeake Bay, I love, love, love crab and these did not disappoint. The fries were skin on and fried to perfection. They reminded me of something you'd find on the boardwalk at the beach. The went immensely well with the creamy louie sauce (think creamy chili sauce) and were piled high with crab. I was supripsed with the quantity and quality of the lump crab meat. My guess is both will go down over time, but as of February these were on POINT!

Service at Paddlefish was a bit slow, but being new we expected it. Our server had trouble figuring out how to use our Tables in Wonderland card, but with some help did and ensured we saved $8.80. I'm not sure we'll be running to come back here again, but I'm glad we got to see the view and have those yummy fries.

From Paddlefish the next stop on our journey was Morimotos. It was much more crowded here than we were expecting, but we were able to belly up to the bar for a few indulgences.

Speaking of indulgences I ordered the Tom Yum Siam, ketel one vodka, coconut rum, lychee, lime juice, simple syrup, lemongrass, and chili pepper

Yes I am a classy girl. Clearly I wasn't feeling too much pain at this point, but I do know I enjoyed this drink very much. It was fruity, but not overly so, and the chili pepper added some nice heat.

Jason went with the Beijing Bourbon Tea which is blood orange liqueur, Bulleit Bourbon, and house-made black tea.

This was his favorite drink of the night and he loved it. I do not like bourbon so it was all him.

For eats we went with 2 items this time around. First up we have the Pork Bao with steamed buns, braised pork belly, lettuce, & spicy mayo.

Unfortunately these were a bit of a miss for me. The steamed buns were perfection, but the pork belly was way too fatty for me and the spicy mayo was largely nonexistent so all together it was pretty dry. I ended up dipping them in the sauce from our other dish to give it some moisture and flavor.

Speaking of other dish, this was a 180 from the buns. Meet the Morimoto Spare Rib Appetizer with 3 pork ribs, cilantro, & hoisin sweet chili glaze

I know I love a superlative, but...BEST. RIBS EVER PERIOD The meat was fall of the bone tender, but these were also fried so they were simultaneously crispy and tender. The sauce was sweet with a little bit of spice and that perfect sticky consistency that just makes you wanna lick your fingers. I wish we'd ordered a whole rack as 3 was not enough. We will no doubt be back for these again.

While eating we saw several people trying sake and decided to do a flight.

These are four glasses of Morimotos own brand of Sake, which our amazing bartender described in detail, but I absorbed absolutely none of. I love the concept of sake, but think I've only ever had cheap versions so its never taken hold for me. This completely changed that. They were all clean and refreshing and something I'd love to have more of.

Despite the bun let down, we were impressed with Morimotos. I love Asian food and can't wait to return again to take in more ribs and the rest of the menu. With our tables in wonderland card we saved $17.40.

With tipsiness ensuing but bellies needing more carbs we decided on one more stop for the evening: Homecoming (refuse to drop the g, see above rant on changing names of things for no reason)

Jason decided to leave the booze behind and went for a good old Florida Jai Alai beer.

I was not that wise and went with the Royal Sangria, Pavo Real red wine, fresh seasonal fruits, agave, lime juice and blackberry brandy.

Per my tipsy notes this was boozy just like I like it, so gonna go with this was good.

For eats, we decided on the Thigh High Chicken Biscuits with Chef Art's famous fried chicken thighs and bread and butter pickles. Drizzled with hot honey.

Now it could have been slightly tipsy induced, but OMG these were so good. The drop style biscuits were southern granny style perfection and the chicken was moist and crispy with just the right amount of heat from the honey. I could have devoured about 10 of these. After the ribs, these were probably the second best thing we ate all week!!!

To go with the biscuits we also got a few sides.

Momma's Mac n Cheese

And Braised Kale and Collards.
The mac in cheese was in Jason's West Virginia estimation, legit, and creamy and decadent. Not quite on par with Narcoosse's lobster mac and cheese or the truffled one from Yachtsman, but for good ole Americana mac and cheese pretty darn good. Unfortunately I can't say the same for the collards. I'm a huge greens fan so normally I would have devoured these, but they were oddly sweet in a way that was off putting and we really couldn't eat them. We tried to spice them up with some tobacsco, but it just made a pile of sweet tobacasco which as you can imagine wasn't good.

I wasn't sure if all the Homecoming hype was true, but it is. Chef Art Smith knows some fried chicken and southern goodness and I can't wait to go back. With our tables in wonderland card we saved $8.46.

Overall this was a great, tipsy night. Disney Springs immensely impressed us. Not only is it gorgeous, but all the places we visited were seriously impressive. We're staying right around the corner at Caribbean Beach on our next trip and I'm sure we will be spending a lot of time here.

We eventually stumbled our way back to AKL and picked Casey up. She had an awesome night too watching movies, doing crafts, and apparently even had a visit from some African drummers. We were all #Winning tonight.

Up next, there's a boma in my belly

Isn't Disney Springs fantastic? I'm totally in love with it too and think you had the right idea doing a "crawl" - there are so many great spots it is hard to pick just one. I haven't tried Paddlefish yet but those crab fries and the rooftop view are moving it up on my to-do list. You're the second person to mention the Morimoto ribs in the last few days - another item for the list. Ah, Homecoming (what IS the deal with dropping the g?)- how I love that fried chicken and they make some absolutely delicious cocktails. I'm looking forward to that new wine bar opening soon and the Jose Andres restaurant. At this rate could spend a week eating in Disney Springs and not hit everything I want to!

I got the Anything Goes which is byejoe dragon fire spirit, fresh Lime Juice, Passion Fruit, and Pineapple Juice. This was more tart than hot from the dragon fire, but everything went really well together. Side note not sure if you can tell from the picture, but this glass was ridiculously tall. I had to sip it off the table for fear of trying to pick it up.
I saw this picture in your intro post and I thought "I need to know what this drink is!" Glad to hear it was as delicious as it looks.

Speaking of other dish, this was a 180 from the buns. Meet the Morimoto Spare Rib Appetizer with 3 pork ribs, cilantro, & hoisin sweet chili glaze

I know I love a superlative, but...BEST. RIBS EVER PERIOD The meat was fall of the bone tender, but these were also fried so they were simultaneously crispy and tender. The sauce was sweet with a little bit of spice and that perfect sticky consistency that just makes you wanna lick your fingers. I wish we'd ordered a whole rack as 3 was not enough. We will no doubt be back for these again.
I've heard such good things about these ribs! If I remember correctly from the menu they seem really overpriced for only 3 ribs though.

While eating we saw several people trying sake and decided to do a flight.

These are four glasses of Morimotos own brand of Sake, which our amazing bartender described in detail, but I absorbed absolutely none of. I love the concept of sake, but think I've only ever had cheap versions so its never taken hold for me. This completely changed that. They were all clean and refreshing and something I'd love to have more of.
When I was younger we had a Japanese foreign exchange student and we took her to Disney, and she convinced my dad to try some sake in the Japan pavilion. It was served warm and he gave me a taste of it and it was so horrid, and my mom told me all alcohol tasted like that to dissuade me from drinking when I was older. Sorry mom it didn't work

For eats, we decided on the Thigh High Chicken Biscuits with Chef Art's famous fried chicken thighs and bread and butter pickles. Drizzled with hot honey.
Yum! I got the regular fried chicken here, but next time I'm trying these bad boys.

Glad you enjoyed DS! We spent a ton of time there on our last trip since we stayed at Saratoga and I love it so much.

Looks like a fun night! I swear to god, you and some of these other trip report women are doing something right with face regiment. You look so young!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter