TIW - how to crunch the numbers?

Thank you! It seems like all of the restaurants we tend to go to are on the list, so we should be okay. I only wish the DVC resort quick service locations accepted it as well! I'm very interested to see how this plays out.
I don’t know “the code” but Artist Pallette at SSR gave us a TIW discount.

We have done the TIW for several years.
At first it was only only available to residents. Back then I believe it was called the “Disney Dining Experience”.

We are residents and annual pass holders (also former DVC), but one thing to remember....
If you are residents, use DVC or AP (if you have it) to qualify for the card. Residents pay $175, while DVC and AP holders pay $150.
I’m guessing that’s because locals are expected to use the valet option on a regular basis. I know I use it a couple times a month.

We are also drinkers, so the card saves us tons of money.

I am definitely curious. We plan to get APs in December and I am debating if TIW is worth it (we drink mostly water). I suspect AP discounts will be better for us.

Lol!!! Not laughing at you, as I would as a server appreciate the upgrade. I also understand the low amount of the bill.
I just find it laughable that you show an en extra $1 as your example. Can’t stop laughing!!!
Yeah it seems a little weird tipping $1 . But for a couple of drinks that’s what we usually have to add to get it to 20% (or slightly more) of sub.

Yeah it seems a little weird tipping $1 . But for a couple of drinks that’s what we usually have to add to get it to 20% (or slightly more) of sub.
I’m truly happy that you treat your servers well. I DO appreciate that you add tip. Totally commendable. That said, I would have just left a couple of singles.
My wife always writes “extra” before she leaves beyond the 18%. She thinks the server understands that is on top of the 18%. If she didn’t write “extra” she would think that the server thought we left a small tip and didn’t realize the 18%.

Phew... I think I over explained that.

I’m truly happy that you treat your servers well. I DO appreciate that you add tip. Totally commendable. That said, I would have just left a couple of singles.
My wife always writes “extra” before she leaves beyond the 18%. She thinks the server understands that is on top of the 18%. If she didn’t write “extra” she would think that the server thought we left a small tip and didn’t realize the 18%.

Good thought!

Not at all! That’s a very good point that I wouldn’t have thought about. I think I’ll put extra and the amount lol. It’s funny how something so simple can be so complicated at the same time!

ETA: I know we don’t have to add anything extra. We generally tip 20%, so I was just interested to see how others add to the tip if they feel so inclined.

Here is a receipt from Mizner’s. We needed to add .43 cents for 20% but we never add less than a buck.

View attachment 390732
Thank you for the photo! I was curious how the tip is entered on the bill. I don’t really know why but I like how the 20% discount is separated by food and drink lol. Do all the restaurants show up like that, or is it just because it was a lounge?

Do all the restaurants show up like that, or is it just because it was a lounge?
The vast majority show that way, certainly all the Disney restaurants. There are a couple of places we have been in Disney Springs that honor the card but the receipt looked a little different.

I'm aware of the blockout dates on the TIW card...are there similar blockout dates on the DVC discounts or Platinum Annual Passholder discounts?

Usually DVC discounts are blocked out for the same dates at the TIW. They don't tell you in advance, it just says
Membership Extras are also subject to availability and block-out dates may apply, including high periods of demand such as Christmas and New Year’s Day.
. I am pretty sure Mother's Day and Easter are blocked as well.

FWIW I was just updating my spreadsheet for TIW. We purchased on 2/3/2018 and it expired 3/31/2019. Accounting, as well as possible for where DVC or AP would have yielded a 10% food discount, we still netted $220 savings after purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!