To Alaska on the Disney Wonder with Four Adults - August 2016

Odds & Ends

Just a few extra details about our trip that just didn’t seem to fit in the main report.

Itinerary

August 15, 2016 Monday Vancouver Onboard 4pm
August 16, 2016 Tuesday Sea Day
August 17, 2016 Wednesday Endicott Arm
August 18, 2016 Thursday Skagway All Ashore 7:15am Onboard 7:45pm
August 19, 2016 Friday Juneau All Ashore 6:45am Onboard 4:45pm
August 20, 2016 Saturday Ketchikan All Ashore 11:15am Onboard 7:45pm
August 21, 2016 Sunday Sea Day

Dining Rotation TAPTAPT

Day 1 Cruise Casual Rotational Menu Tritons
Day 2 Formal Night Rotational Menu Animators Palate
Day 3 Cruise Casual Rotational Menu Parrot Cay
Day 4 Cruise Casual Frozen Menu Tritons (we went to Palo)
Day 5 Semi-Formal Night Captain’s Gala Menu Animators Palate
Day 6 Cruise Casual Prince & Princesses Menu Parrot Cay
Day 7 Cruise Casual ‘Till We Meet Again Menu Tritons

Time Changes

The clocks went back an hour between Day 1 and Day 2, then went forward an hour between Day 6 and Day 7.

Bingo Costs

For all sessions except the final jackpot Bingo:

2 paper 3-up cards $30
1 paper 3-up card & 24 chance electronic $40
1 paper 3-up card & 48 chance electronic $50
4 paper 3-up cards & 2 24 chance electronic $80

For the final jackpot Bingo: *$10 off these prices if you attended at least 3 sessions of Bingo

1 paper 3-up card & 72 chance electronic $90
4 paper 3-up cards & 2 36 chance electronic $120

Notable Staff

Captain - Guus
Cruise Director - Peter
Adult Club Host - Jamey
Stateroom Host - Doneta from Jamaica
Server - Hernan from Chile
Assistant Server - Olena from Ukraine
Head Server - Rakesh from Trinidad & Tobago
Palo Server - Ashlie from India

THE END
(Thank you all for reading!)

I really enjoyed reading your trip report! Thanks so much for sharing!! :)

Great report! Thank you for sharing.

We venture on our Alaskan cruise in late May and we can't wait!

Wow!!! What a fantastic report! Your pictures are incredible.

:thumbsup2

We went on an Alaskan cruise (Carnival) last August 15-22, so the same time of year as your trip.

Nice job getting those amazing pictures of the Wonder docking on the morning of your embarkation.

Endicott Arm looks really spectacular and it sounds like your small boat excursion was wonderful. Our cruise took us through Glacier Bay.

I have heard great things about Gastineau's photo tour. Sorry to hear that the whales were playing hard-to-get, but the rainforest really showed up for you! That is a great vantage point to see Mendenhall Glacier.

I loved Ketchikan. We are not normally shoppers, but it was fun going into the shops there. Your crab boat excursion sounds really interesting.

Thanks again for sharing your experience!

:goodvibes

Wow!!! What a fantastic report! Your pictures are incredible.

:thumbsup2

We went on an Alaskan cruise (Carnival) last August 15-22, so the same time of year as your trip.

Nice job getting those amazing pictures of the Wonder docking on the morning of your embarkation.

Endicott Arm looks really spectacular and it sounds like your small boat excursion was wonderful. Our cruise took us through Glacier Bay.

I have heard great things about Gastineau's photo tour. Sorry to hear that the whales were playing hard-to-get, but the rainforest really showed up for you! That is a great vantage point to see Mendenhall Glacier.

I loved Ketchikan. We are not normally shoppers, but it was fun going into the shops there. Your crab boat excursion sounds really interesting.

Thanks again for sharing your experience!

:goodvibes

Thanks so much for the kind comments! It was an amazing cruise and I’m glad people have enjoyed the report and the pictures!

Aby

Thank you for your report. We have just booked for June 2019. It is a long way off, but it sure was fun to read your report and imagine what it might be like for us. Thanks, again.

Really enjoyed your report and great pictures! We've been to Alaska four times but never on a cruise. Since we've already visited Juneau and Skagway, hiked at the Mendenhall Glacier and took a small boat excursion to Tracy Arm to see the Sawyer Glaciers, I'm not sure we'd want to do DCL's cruise there. However, that said, we are repeating DCL's Northern European cruise this August, because there is just so much to see especially in St. Petersburg. Therefore maybe we'll bite the bullet and do Alaska next year.

Well shoot, I've been waffling about the Tracy Arm/Endicott excursion and had finally decided to join the we don't need to do it camp. Now reading your TR, I'm 3/4 of the way to the must do camp. Ugh. At least I have some more time to decide. Fantastic read, thank you so much!

We are departing on the 5/21 Alaska intinerary, and your wonderful report has been a great help!

Would love to hear if you did a trip report for the EBPC cruise (we hope to do this cruise in 2020).

We are departing on the 5/21 Alaska intinerary, and your wonderful report has been a great help!

Would love to hear if you did a trip report for the EBPC cruise (we hope to do this cruise in 2020).

Thank you so much - glad you liked the report!

I do plan on doing a trip report for the EBPC that we did in October of 2017 - it's on my list but I've been so busy planning for our next cruise to the Med on June 2nd! Hopefully I'll get to it in the next few weeks - I have some amazing photos!

Aby

I just found this report - thanks for writing it! My husband and I (early 40s no kids) are also going to Alaska in Sept 2019 with my mother and father in law, so we will be 4 adults as well. It's nice to hear what you did on your cruise. It sounds like Jackpot Bingo was good to your mom! Pictures are gorgeous, seemed like a really great cruise. Question, I know there are no fireworks, but is there a pirate night?

Thank you so much - glad you liked the report!

I do plan on doing a trip report for the EBPC that we did in October of 2017 - it's on my list but I've been so busy planning for our next cruise to the Med on June 2nd! Hopefully I'll get to it in the next few weeks - I have some amazing photos!

Aby

Enjoy the Med!

I just found this report - thanks for writing it! My husband and I (early 40s no kids) are also going to Alaska in Sept 2019 with my mother and father in law, so we will be 4 adults as well. It's nice to hear what you did on your cruise. It sounds like Jackpot Bingo was good to your mom! Pictures are gorgeous, seemed like a really great cruise. Question, I know there are no fireworks, but is there a pirate night?

We are heading out on the 5/21 Alaska Cruise, and it looks like no Pirate night (Frozen Night instead).

No fireworks, of course.

We had a pirate night on our Alaskan cruises in 2011 and 2013, but they discontinued it sometime after that.

Aby

We are heading out on the 5/21 Alaska Cruise, and it looks like no Pirate night (Frozen Night instead).

No fireworks, of course.
You are correct, no Pirate night but they do a Frozen night. They leave necklaces in your room and have a show up on deck. Last August it was Skagway night. Have a great time on your cruises, Alaska was awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!