• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

To be(astly) or not to be(astly). this is the question

darla

Earning My Ears
new news at screamscape. Not only are they saying that beastly kingdom is a go but they are actually describing the ride. I'm usually a skeptic but there's just way too much buzz that indicates beastly is up next. Even a few years back when beastly was supposed to be built there wasn't this much buzz about it. I know it's been said already but even the E channel is dropping hints. cross your fingers. I know mine are .

P.S. check out screamscape.com non coaster fans will be psyched.

Sounds like the ride design from Journy to the Center of the Earth at the The Disney Sea. I love the way ScreamScape reports the same thing it did two reports ago as new news. Look down two post from the first on in the list and you will see the exact same rumor only worded different. Has this place ever been right as Far as Disney and Universal goes? I don't think I've seen one thing they've predicited thats come true.

Don't get all exicited yet again over this. They said Developing.....whcih does not mean they've ordered parts and are clearing land. There must be about 50 projects they have under development. None of which seem any closer to building.

Hmmmm…….

A “new” ride system that moves you from room to room and stops to let you watch a dragon. A ride system the is more like a dark ride – all so you can see the dragon better. A ride system that they were already testing, so you know it was close to being installed. And a dragon……….

Well, you know how the grapevine can get. Sometimes it’s hard to tell which dragon is which through all that purple haze.

P.S. Screamscape has a pretty good record from what I can tell. Many rumors that don't come true are simply plans that were changed.

Originally posted by Another Voice

P.S. Screamscape has a pretty good record from what I can tell. Many rumors that don't come true are simply plans that were changed.

Ok maybe they do get ideas that are in development....I'm talking about attractions that end up being built.

It's like the Sienfield episode with Kramer building levels in his own apartment. Jerry bet him that he would not do it. Well of course he did not build "the levels". Kramer did not want to pay up because in his eyes he just changed his mind. Jerry’s bet was not if he “could” build the level rather if he “would” build the levels.

The bet is not weather or not they can design a ride but weather or not they will build it.

Screamscape reported this as a rumor. That's not the same as a prediction. Screamscape does a good job of compiling rumors and reporting them for what they are.

Originally posted by raidermatt
Screamscape reported this as a rumor. That's not the same as a prediction. Screamscape does a good job of compiling rumors and reporting them for what they are.

OHHHH...great a website with rumors that never come true. Seems like a waste. No trust me when they do hit upon something that ends up getting built you always see the same pattern...."Looks like we were right when we reported that *insert company here* was building a *insert new attraction* it is breaking ground this week....blah..blah.

*pats self on back for getting those new rides to the public before anyone else*

Is it really a great idea if they are just repeating what someone was thinking outloud?

Is it really a great idea if they are just repeating what someone was thinking outloud?

For the most part, they really do seem to be doing more than that.

Regardless, they are honest about the fact that they are reporting rumors, so its pretty easy to ignore them if you are looking for more concrete info.

Of course, it doesn't appear there IS any concrete info on most of this stuff until ground is actually broken (and even then, questions abound...see Space...). As AV pointed out, that's not always because what's being reported isn't actually being discussed by those making the decisions. Its just that things change. For those of us who want to know what is being discussed, sources like Screamscape are great. For those who want to know what WILL happen vs. what MIGHT happen, they're not so great.

I wonder how dependent on the success of Reign of Fire this attraction (even Beastly Kingdom itself) is...

Aside from the 'normal' dependencies like how well ABC is doing, etc...

I love hearing about new attractions as well...but at this point I feel like I'm being teased constantly by Disney and Screamscape. :)

I compare it to Rumors around the workplace....if you heard for 5 years that your company was getting sold, after the fifth year you would start to really get tried of it. Sure it would be great to know ahead of time but how many times can you hear the same thing stated a different way?

(Wow sounds like quite a few post here! :) )

Gee, considering the number of things that Disney has announced that never get built, perhaps some of the anger should be aimed at Disney press releases for being as wrong as Screamscape is.

Plans change and they change all the time. What is “green lighted, set to go, announced the opening day” can be cancelled by a single person in a single meeting.

It’s not the rumors fault that everything doesn’t happen. That’s why they are labeled “rumors”.

Originally posted by Another Voice
Gee, considering the number of things that Disney has announced that never get built, perhaps some of the anger should be aimed at Disney press releases for being as wrong as Screamscape is.

Anger ???

Press Releases???? I missed where these rumors got relased to the press.

The thing I'd say about this one is that the momentum continues to build and the positive reports continue to flow from a number of different rumor sources.

And while the reports of probable announcement on BK and/or the new ride could all be coming from a single unimformed source or two somewhere at Disney, it seems unlikely to me that that would be the case. The number of sites reporting plus the growing strength and confidence in the language of those reports is too much to ignore.

Not to mention we know that AK needs a major new addition to boost attendance levels. We know that BK has been on the boards since day one. We know the technology for a ride like this has already been proven at TDR. And we know the only other plan (or the only other plan I've seen) rumored for AK is Australia. And as far as that goes, how's that gonna help attendance?

Personally I love AK just the way it is. But it seems to me the general public has (and this is obviously debatable) to some degree rejected the concept. Or maybe doesn't fully understand it. Either way AK's not drawing the way Disney would like. So, if the existing lands aren't drawing, why would you go and spend big bucks on the same essential concept for the next expansion land?

If people aren't thrilled with Africa, Asia and the Oasis, then how excited are they gonna be about the same concept (with or without a Soaring clone) in Australia? Seems to me BK (the land and not just this one ride) offers the fresh kind of draw they're looking for. I say Beastly Kingdom it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter