To book throwaway room or not?

That’s what people from other countries are doing here in Vancouver and I’m surprised that Canadians of all people, would do this type of thing. Finding tent sites that fit vacation dates is already challenging enough without the fraud people are doing.
Very sad behaviour and I’m embarrassed to read this on a Canadian board.

That’s what people from other countries are doing here in Vancouver and I’m surprised that Canadians of all people, would do this type of thing. Finding tent sites that fit vacation dates is already challenging enough without the fraud people are doing.
Very sad behaviour and I’m embarrassed to read this on a Canadian board.

That's not fraud at all. It's allowed by Disney since it doesn't matter to them who rents the site. They could easily require a minimum stay if they thought it was an issue but they don't. I personally never did this because we always stay onsite when visiting WDW but to say it's fraudulent is wrong imo. Yes it sucks that there are empty tent sites due to this strategy but it's 100% permitted by WDW.

What I meant is it is purchased only for EMH which is not the actual purpose for the rental. From what I know Disney does not currently offer to purchase EMH for 100$. They say it’s for guests, so yes, paying for a site one never plans to use, with no intention to check solely to reap the benefits.. it’s clearly not ethical. People can’t camp there because someone purchased a site for 16 ppl to have EMH? I’d say that’s just wrong, but yes it actually is the same as Asia buying out Vancouver just for the benefits and not living in the buildings. They’re making laws on that to stop this behaviour here in Canada for sure... just FYI that’s a Canadian issue and doing this type of thing to campers there, is literally the same type of thing. Law or not, right from wrong should matter. That’s all I’m saying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!