To DLP or not to DLP?

Aprilshack

DIS Veteran
I am thinking of booking a short stay at DLP towards the end of January 2021 as there are some quite good deals going on, but ending September 30th for booking this good deal . I am wondering if anyone has booked similar recently and been able to get any travel insurance? What would happen if the flight corridors were shut before we were due to go? Would we get money back of the TA or would we be able to move it? I know its a fair way off and things could change for the better or things may not change much at all. I know France is on the quarantine list for the uk at the moment and we could be put on France's list the way its going. Any advice would be appreciated.

I am thinking of booking a short stay at DLP towards the end of January 2021 as there are some quite good deals going on, but ending September 30th for booking this good deal . I am wondering if anyone has booked similar recently and been able to get any travel insurance? What would happen if the flight corridors were shut before we were due to go? Would we get money back of the TA or would we be able to move it? I know its a fair way off and things could change for the better or things may not change much at all. I know France is on the quarantine list for the uk at the moment and we could be put on France's list the way its going. Any advice would be appreciated.
The best travel insurance I used was battleface which is valid even when it's advised that you don't visit certain countries which most insurance companies don't cover - I believe it was £32 for 2 adults for 6 days to France (from the UK).
If flight corridors shut then yes you would be entitled to a refund.
Personally, I can't see France making us quarantine once over there as however the numbers are increasing, they still need visitors for the economy but that's my personal opinion and unfortunately, no-one knows for sure if they will bring this in or not.
I really hope you manage to have a lovely trip if/when it comes around but no-one can tell you to book or not to book - this is your decision on how comfortable you feel with masks for example in place and if you're willing to possibly quarantine when you return home.
I'm due to go in just under 3 weeks (only booked a couple of weeks ago) and feel happy with what they have in place in the parks to go and enjoy myself ☺️

The best travel insurance I used was battleface which is valid even when it's advised that you don't visit certain countries which most insurance companies don't cover - I believe it was £32 for 2 adults for 6 days to France (from the UK).
If flight corridors shut then yes you would be entitled to a refund.
Personally, I can't see France making us quarantine once over there as however the numbers are increasing, they still need visitors for the economy but that's my personal opinion and unfortunately, no-one knows for sure if they will bring this in or not.
I really hope you manage to have a lovely trip if/when it comes around but no-one can tell you to book or not to book - this is your decision on how comfortable you feel with masks for example in place and if you're willing to possibly quarantine when you return home.
I'm due to go in just under 3 weeks (only booked a couple of weeks ago) and feel happy with what they have in place in the parks to go and enjoy myself ☺

Hopefully things will improve with just over 4 months to go. Being towards the end of January i think it would be pretty quiet? I wear a mask at work all day in a hot care home (the uncomfortable type) so my own mask would be an impovement. If i have to quarantine the other half will make up any shortfall in wages. The ta said if you can't fly over we would get a full refund. Looks like we may book it.

Hopefully things will improve with just over 4 months to go. Being towards the end of January i think it would be pretty quiet? I wear a mask at work all day in a hot care home (the uncomfortable type) so my own mask would be an impovement. If i have to quarantine the other half will make up any shortfall in wages. The ta said if you can't fly over we would get a full refund. Looks like we may book it.
I hope you have a great time. In these times who knows what January will be like, but I was in the parks in January this year and it was quiet. So expect if all this continues reduced opening hours of the main park. And possibly studios shut on selected days.

As I'm going in Feb I've been keeping an eye on things. France came out of quarantine today (15th Dec). So that's a good sign. I have yearly travel insurance through my bank. No issues on going to France next year. As far as I understand from the various news outlets, France will start vaccinations in Jan 21..... Similar but not exactly the same type of roll out as everywhere else. Elderly in homes first in Jan/Feb, than over 75s in Feb/Mar then over 50s in Mar/Apr and finally over 18s.
There is a bright light at the end of the tunnel.......

Everything still looks good for Feb. The Frenchies have started vaccinating..... a little ahead of schedule. I think we'll all have gotten the jab by the end of Spring.

Everything still looks good for Feb. The Frenchies have started vaccinating..... a little ahead of schedule. I think we'll all have gotten the jab by the end of Spring.

I have already seen some messages that the reopening of DLP is in jeopardy mid February as the current lockdown might get extended. France is slow with vaccinating due to bureacratic procedures. They hope to have 1 million end of January.

Dont want to burst your bubble, but saying that it looks good for February is a bit of a stretch.

They may have started vaccinating but they are not doing it in the numbers other countries are pushing through.

I will be happy if my parents are vaccinated by end of spring and they are in phase 5 of the UK plan. I'm fortunate I have received my first vaccine as im frontline health worker but that took a lot of work for my Trust to aquire use of the Pfizer vaccine from hospitals

Hey, I'm an optimist. I've been to Spain on work in October and December. Flying was really no hassle. I felt very safe. I've had the PCR test twice. Again no hassle. Very painless and got results within 48 hours. Bars and restaurants in Spain were open. Social distancing, mask wearing etc... I'm still planning on going ahead with my Disney trip in Feb. If Disney, and I'm sure they will, adhere to the same hygiene standards as their European neighbors. I'll have no issues with going there. Can't go on much longer without seeing the Magical Kingdom ;-)
I've been keeping an eye on the French news channels. Looks to me like they are just getting warmed up. I'm sure by the end of Jan it'll be full steam ahead with the vaccinations.

Hey, I'm an optimist. I've been to Spain on work in October and December. Flying was really no hassle. I felt very safe. I've had the PCR test twice. Again no hassle. Very painless and got results within 48 hours. Bars and restaurants in Spain were open. Social distancing, mask wearing etc... I'm still planning on going ahead with my Disney trip in Feb. If Disney, and I'm sure they will, adhere to the same hygiene standards as their European neighbors. I'll have no issues with going there. Can't go on much longer without seeing the Magical Kingdom ;-)
I've been keeping an eye on the French news channels. Looks to me like they are just getting warmed up. I'm sure by the end of Jan it'll be full steam ahead with the vaccinations.
Flying is fine. DLP Is fine, I've visited the park 3 times with Covid measures, all perfectly safe. The issue is not if they can make it safe, but what the virus does. In France and the country where you are coming from.
The UK has done over 1 million vaccinations, but at the moment London is in a state of emergency and not allowed into France till the situation there clears up.

I get being an optimist, but you do not sound very realistic.

Flying is fine. DLP Is fine, I've visited the park 3 times with Covid measures, all perfectly safe. The issue is not if they can make it safe, but what the virus does. In France and the country where you are coming from.
The UK has done over 1 million vaccinations, but at the moment London is in a state of emergency and not allowed into France till the situation there clears up.

I get being an optimist, but you do not sound very realistic.

I agree, with the slow state of the French jab (it's very interesting to see how they are anti Oxford jab as it's 'UK'. Remember the French government want to use the French vacation which is not out until December!!! I think this will be very slow and realistically DLP won't be open until June. If other countries become overwhelmed like London is then we are at the front and it's only a matter of time before France is. And we are ahead with the jab numbers!

I am not expecting to visit anytime this year. The cost and hassle of the testing does not feel worth it for 2 night trip. Especially if we need tests before we leave and again before we travel back to the UK. (5 of us )

If the testing requirements change massively I will look at booking something last minute, or maybe do an extended trip around France to make the costs if tests more worth while.

Fingers crossed everybody hoping to go soon

DLP has just announced closure is extended out to 2nd April 🥲
Yes... But honestly with the pathetic rate of vacation I can't see how France will be open for Spring let alone Autumn.

If for instance the UK is vacinated by September and the French are allowing us, I still cant see how we are going to be allowed to visit without quarantine. Remember they think you can still have the virus and spread it, just not be affected.

On another note im hearing Eurostar is having major financial problems. My local station (Ashford) is closed for international travel untill 2022. Eurostar is asking for UK government help!! Even though the vast majority stake holder is the French rail network!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!