To Infinity and Beyond - A Pixar WISH Challenge! February 2018

Lady Marie

DIS Veteran
Hey, Howdy, Hey! And welcome to February's WISH Challenge!

tumblr_onkd5uXTUd1qk6qs7o1_540.gif

This month, we are going on a Pixar Adventure with our pals from
Toy Story, Cars, Finding Nemo, & Inside Out!

Everyone is welcome to participate - so whether this is your first month, tenth month, or hundredth month... jump in and get moving with your goal. You can join us at any time and begin the first step of your journey to a better you! We're a positive bubble of pixie dust - all encouragement and no drama.

It's up to YOU to set your goal for the month. You can check in as little or as much as you'd like. All I need from you is a progress report before the Monday of a new week. I will post your percentage progress report so you can see how you're ranking with the rest of the group.

The more you put into this - the more you will get out of it.

We will also have daily discussion topics to build a sense of community. You can chat about Weight Watchers, My Fitness Pal, Disney, Recipes, Walking, Disney, Running, Coaching Moments, and more Disney!

If this sounds fun - then this is the place for you. Nothing is off limits.

So grab your horse, saddle up, and .....

open-uri20150608-27674-j7v44b_611954ba.jpeg

Last edited:
This month we are challenging ourselves to make real progress on this journey to be healthier. Participating is EASY! All you need to do is decide on your goal (5 pounds off, maintenance mode, 10K steps a day, etc) and devise a plan to reach that goal.

Share your progress with us along the way and watch the color of your name change throughout the month!

PERCENTAGE TOWARD GOAL

1% -10%
11% - 20%
21% - 30%
31% - 40%
41% - 50%
51% - 60%
61% - 70%
71% - 80%
81% - 90%
91% - 99%

100% OR MORE!

It will be up to you to decide on your goal, your plan, and to report your progress here - I'll accept progress reports anytime Friday through Sunday, but will try to update the list of participants every Monday morning.

If you have multiple goals for the month (example: "I plan to walk 30 minutes a day AND I plan to drink 64oz of water a day") please EITHER pick one goal to use for your progress reports OR average them both together when giving your report. It's just much easier for tracking this way. If you only use one of your goals for progress reports, that doesn't mean we don't want to hear how you're doing on your other goals! :-)

Howdy, All! Come on in and introduce yourselves! Tomorrow we will start to discuss our goals for a Fabulous February!

Thank you! I'm in!

I'm going to put out my weight loss goal for the month -- I've got other goals, but the weight loss will be the one I'll measure.

So:

Weight Loss - 10 pounds (2 1/2 pounds per week). Current weight - 249.4. End of month goal: 239.4

Exercise - 30 minutes per day, 10,000 step count per day

I am in again.

To introduce myself.....I am Stephanie. I am 38, married for 13 years, 2 very active kids (DS 11 and DD 10). I lost 10 pounds a year ago with the help of this group then feel of the wagon and gained most of it back. This month I am back at it and will lose the weight. We have cruise this summer and would really like to be down some weight.

My goal for this month is to walk 10,000 steps a day and to track my food each day. By doing this the weight should go down.

Thursday - February 1

Goals-Goals-everywhere.jpg

If you haven't already, go ahead and introduce yourself and tell us about your goals for this month!

What do you want to achieve this month?
How are you going to do that?
What are some obstacles that may be in your way this month?
How do you plan on overcoming them?

Guess I didn't introduce myself. I'm Cheryl. Turned 50 in November, and my husband and I are empty-nesters, with our DS24 married a year ago, and with DD18, who started college in Indiana this past fall.

I bought a FitBit September 15, 2017 and started with Noom, an app (not free) which tracks calories in/calories out as well as the types of food eaten (red, yellow, green), limiting the number of calories allowed in certain food colors. I'd lost 61 pounds, but had a bit of a setback and went off the rails last week, so now I'm at 55 pounds down. I walk to and from the train station and work every day, and also exercise at the gym, which is in my office building. On weekends, I walk at our city's recreation center.

At some point, I'll probably transition from Noom to My Fitness Pal, which is free, but since it's working for me, I'm not going to mess with success. I've got another 85 pounds to lose.

My only obstacles is the FGT (Fat Girl Thinking) between my ears. I've started relistening to Phit-n-Phat podcasts that I listened to when I was first getting started, and I'm feeling more energized about the journey as recalibrated.

Hi all! Brief introduction-- I'm Patricia. I live 3 hours south of the Florida mouse house. It's just DH and I and our two kitties. For two years I've been trying to loose weight, but something clicked last year and I really got committed. Between these boards, WW, and Orangetheory, I've lost 36 lbs, but still have 7 to go to be at a normal BMI and reach WW lifetime. I started WW in August and it was responsible for 6 lbs lost so far, but I am at a bit of a plateau. It's 100% me-- I like who I see in the mirror for the most part -- I know I can be better, but I've been giving into the temptations of the holidays and our birthday month and not staying focused.

Now, I have no excuses. Valentines isn't a big deal with us, and though we do have a work trip/Disney trip planned for mid-month, one weekend does not a whole month break.

My goal for this month is to be down 4 lbs. I am going to achieve this by tracking (my biggest issue!) which is to start immediately after the juice cleanse ends on Wednesday. The cleanse I think will help me get a jump on things but then it's up to me to keep the momentum going. My biggest obstacle is myself not liking to track! But guess what, when I track I loose, I just can't get myself committed and dedicated to that part recently. I think this is mainly because of the celebration food and not so great choices I was making during January, but there will not be anywhere near the amount of that going on this month. So again, I have no excuse. The other obstacle is the trip I mentioned earlier. But there's only one lunch I am really worried about --- Chef Art Smith's Homecoming... That's just one meal though. I know there will be plenty of opportunities to make better choices for the other meals. So I am going to get this scale down this month!

Weight Loss - 10 pounds (2 1/2 pounds per week). Current weight - 249.4. End of month goal: 239.4

Exercise - 30 minutes per day, 10,000 step count per day

Great goals!

We have cruise this summer and would really like to be down some weight.

My goal for this month is to walk 10,000 steps a day and to track my food each day. By doing this the weight should go down.

A cruise is definitely great inspiration! You've got this!

My only obstacles is the FGT (Fat Girl Thinking) between my ears. I've started relistening to Phit-n-Phat podcasts that I listened to when I was first getting started, and I'm feeling more energized about the journey as recalibrated.

First of all, glad to hear Noom is working for you! I keep seeing the ads for it and wondered what it was like and how successful people were on it. Also, thanks for sharing about the podcast. I love podcasts but have never thought to look for weight loss ones (true crime addict right here), but that could be a great resource! I am going to check that out this week! :-)

First of all, glad to hear Noom is working for you! I keep seeing the ads for it and wondered what it was like and how successful people were on it. Also, thanks for sharing about the podcast. I love podcasts but have never thought to look for weight loss ones (true crime addict right here), but that could be a great resource! I am going to check that out this week! :-)

It really has worked for me. I've done WW, both in-person and online. I must say, Noom was much better when I was starting out -- great articles, etc. Now it feels a bit more "dialed-in." But they assign a personal coach (electronic) as well as a group coach on the discussion board. The personal coach has been helping me work through my brain as I've had this set-back.

"Losing 100 Pounds with Phit-n-Phat" is great -- Corrine pulls no punches, and her language is quite sailor-like, so if you're offended by colorful language, be warned. She does not advocate any weight loss program that you won't do the rest of your life, particularly counting calories. She's more into the hunger scale and eating until satisfied -- she attacks the reason why we overeat -- the emotions behind overeating, and how to handle the crap between the ears.

Another podcast I listen to is Thinner Peace in Menopause and Beyond. She did a really great job getting to the hunger scale, etc. early on, so I'd strongly recommend the early podcasts -- now she's really just spending a lot of time pitching her coaching (which Phit-n-Phat does, but they keep more meat in the shows). I may actually go back to the early ones one that as well.

Hi I'm Lizanne... in for another month. I'm a single lady of a certain age, living in the great PNW.

One of the areas of the house that I still need to sort thru and clear out is the kitchen pantry, so I'll make that one of my goals for the month.

I can't seem to get myself walking on a regular basis, but one of the things we're to be doing in the course I'm taking is to at least get outside, plant our feet on the ground and read our affirmation for the week, so I'm going to commit to doing that. Who knows, once I get outside I may decide to go for a walk.

I'm also going to commit to losing 5 pounds.

Hi...I am new to this challenge too and would like to join. I joined the February exercise challenge and want to give this a try to.

First I will introduce myself, my name is Jamie and I am 39 years old. I have been married for 2.5 years and have two bonus children. I lost about 100 pounds 4ish years ago and I don't want to go back to that, but I have gained a little of that back. I am hoping this will help me to get that off.

So my goal for the month of February is to lost 5 pounds. i plan to do this by really paying attention to what I eat daily, getting in my 10,000 steps and exercising on a regular basis.

Thanks!
Jamie

"Losing 100 Pounds with Phit-n-Phat" is great -- Corrine pulls no punches, and her language is quite sailor-like, so if you're offended by colorful language, be warned. She does not advocate any weight loss program that you won't do the rest of your life, particularly counting calories. She's more into the hunger scale and eating until satisfied -- she attacks the reason why we overeat -- the emotions behind overeating, and how to handle the crap between the ears.

Yes! I knew I would like it as soon as I saw the list of topics, I had found something I needed to hear... Weekends, Get Over It and Keep a Journal :rotfl:, Blaming the Husband, it probably goes on with topics relevant to me, but those I put in my queue right away! Haha!

I can't seem to get myself walking on a regular basis, but one of the things we're to be doing in the course I'm taking is to at least get outside, plant our feet on the ground and read our affirmation for the week, so I'm going to commit to doing that. Who knows, once I get outside I may decide to go for a walk.

That's a great step forward to getting outside -- especially this time of year up there (or at least how I perceive the weather to be from down here on the opposite side and angle of the country!). :-)

First I will introduce myself, my name is Jamie and I am 39 years old. I have been married for 2.5 years and have two bonus children. I lost about 100 pounds 4ish years ago and I don't want to go back to that, but I have gained a little of that back. I am hoping this will help me to get that off.

So my goal for the month of February is to lost 5 pounds. i plan to do this by really paying attention to what I eat daily, getting in my 10,000 steps and exercising on a regular basis.

:welcome: and Congrats on your loss! 100 lbs is amazing!

Joining in this month with a goal of getting 15 minutes of exercise in each week. Trying to get back on a more normal well at least for me sleep schedule. I stayed up Tuesday night in order to see the lunar eclipse provided we did not have any clouds because by the time my husband got home from work it was close to 2:30 and I thought that things were supposed to start about 4:30 am so decided that getting 2 hours of sleep was not worth it. It actually started around 5 am my time and the full was at 6:29 so I could have gotten up around 5:45 and gotten some sleep. I ended up going out around 6:15 and except for my face and one hand when I was taking some pictures on my cell phone. Forgot to take the camera out and since the cats were trying to escape didn't want to be going in and out. Being a bit cold from the wind since it was 18 degrees with the wind chill it was not too bad. Nice and clear at least in that direction other than the sun was directly over some houses so have those lights in the pictures. Got a picture right around complete and after that decided to come back inside while I could still feel my face. I was very happy that it was a clear night since it was calling for partly to cloudy in the area. Got to bed and asleep around 7 am after being up since 9 am on Tuesday so ended up sleeping until DH left for work around 4. Tried to go to bed earlier last night but my fibro was acting up and I was too stuborn to take pain medication until 7 am and finally crashed about 9 and slept till 2:30. I am thinking tonight once I get 10 year old in bed it is going to be a quick shower to wash my hair followed by a nice epsome salt soak in the tub and then when I am out taking some pain medication and getting my nails done while it takes effect in hopes I can get a decent nights sleep.

I am going to join in again with my daily accountability. January was not the best month for me, but it was good maintenance month mainly as I end up maintaining. I hope less stress this month means I can focus on healthy eating little more, not only for me but my family. I find planning ahead & cooking key as if I don't have a plan by Wednesday and Thursday we start eating less healthy.

My goal will be to plan ahead each Saturday and try new recipes.

I am doing really well with my exercises and don't have weight loss goal, hope that's ok.

Last edited:
Friday, February 2

top_movie_catchphrases_640_17.jpg

Happy Friday, All!

Today, let's talk WHY!

The "Why" is what helps you keep going when the momentum and motivation gives out.
The "Why" is what gets you back on track when you get off course.

So what is your why?
Why are you on this journey to a better you?

What is the reason(s) that make a healthier you a top priority in your life?

Joining in this month with a goal of getting 15 minutes of exercise in each week. Trying to get back on a more normal well at least for me sleep schedule. I stayed up Tuesday night in order to see the lunar eclipse provided we did not have any clouds because by the time my husband got home from work it was close to 2:30 and I thought that things were supposed to start about 4:30 am so decided that getting 2 hours of sleep was not worth it. It actually started around 5 am my time and the full was at 6:29 so I could have gotten up around 5:45 and gotten some sleep. I ended up going out around 6:15 and except for my face and one hand when I was taking some pictures on my cell phone. Forgot to take the camera out and since the cats were trying to escape didn't want to be going in and out. Being a bit cold from the wind since it was 18 degrees with the wind chill it was not too bad. Nice and clear at least in that direction other than the sun was directly over some houses so have those lights in the pictures. Got a picture right around complete and after that decided to come back inside while I could still feel my face. I was very happy that it was a clear night since it was calling for partly to cloudy in the area. Got to bed and asleep around 7 am after being up since 9 am on Tuesday so ended up sleeping until DH left for work around 4. Tried to go to bed earlier last night but my fibro was acting up and I was too stuborn to take pain medication until 7 am and finally crashed about 9 and slept till 2:30. I am thinking tonight once I get 10 year old in bed it is going to be a quick shower to wash my hair followed by a nice epsome salt soak in the tub and then when I am out taking some pain medication and getting my nails done while it takes effect in hopes I can get a decent nights sleep.

That's a great goal :-) And sooo cool about the lunar eclipse! Whenever things like that happen, I always want to stay up, but usually end up sleeping LOL!

My goal will be to plan ahead each Saturday and try new recipes.

I am doing really well with my exercises and don't have weight loss goal, hope that's ok.

Of course! Your contributions to discussions are always wonderful! Plus, I love hearing about how maintenance will be.... It's easy to see goal as then end -- but nope, that journey keeps going!

My why is being able to tie my shoes without getting out of breath. Really.

My mom's best friend passed away this summer -- heart attack in her sleep, and she was only in her early 70's. She was totally out of shape and didn't take care of herself. I saw the toll that her loss has been on those who knew her, and I realized I was going the same way she was.

So this is the time, the time to lose without gaining it back. I was able to wear a pair of jeans and shirt today that I haven't worn in at least 10 years (it's a great Tigger embroidered denim shirt! Testing the limits of gravity since 1968).

I want to join in here! I don't have a Disney trip planned right now, so I need a different excuse to stalk the boards, LOL! We went twice last year and most likely won't go again until next year. Boo hoo! LOL!

Anyway, I'm Jenny, and I'm 47 years old, married 20 years this May and we have 7 kiddos ranging from 18 down to 6. I'm fairly active, but really want to be fit and in shape, which I am not right now! My overall weight goal is to lose about 15 lbs., which would put me near the middle of the healthy range for my height. I'm aiming for 5 lbs. gone in February. I started tracking in My Fitness Pal a couple weeks ago, so my plan is to keep that up this month, and exercise for at least 40 minutes 6 days a week.

My 14-year-old and I started C25K this week. We want to try a 5k at the end of March. He can already run circles around me, so he's humoring me with the C25k training, LOL. WE've done 2 days so far and the last few jogging sections are soooo hard for me, but I'm surviving! Hubby and I are going to join a gym this month, so I want to get in a couple days a week of strength training in addition to walking/running as well.

Let's see, the goal I'll use for tracking each week here will be the 5 lb. weight loss.

And finally, my why is to be in the best shape I can be...I want to be able to keep up with my kids and encourage them to always be active as well. And, I generally feel more confident and content when I know I'm taking care of myself and have more energy, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!