To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

Good luck tomorrow, and make sure you keep my prediction as your goal while you’re running. I mean....do your best and stay safe.

Congrats! I know it may not have been the time you were expecting, but from everything I'm hearing, the weather is brutal (and the late start certainly didn't help with that), so just making it through 26.2 miles is an incredible accomplishment and proof that your training worked. I hope you're having fun celebrating this accomplishment!

Congrats! I know it may not have been the time you were expecting, but from everything I'm hearing, the weather is brutal (and the late start certainly didn't help with that), so just making it through 26.2 miles is an incredible accomplishment and proof that your training worked. I hope you're having fun celebrating this accomplishment!

Thanks @SarahDisney!

Sorry to hear you experienced pain out there but impressed with your time pushing through that. congrats on the finish and hope rest of your day is magical :)

The long and short of it is that my left quad just completely gave up on me. It was pretty painful early on. So the run became a do what I can to finish. Because of the slower effort I was fairly unaffected by the T+D. Ended up with 3:35 unofficially.

If your quad hadn't given up, would the late start have affected your nutrition strategy? I didn't know if it would have thrown things off.

No matter what, great race!

@DopeyBadger Great job out there. I definitely know the pain of having injury take you out of a race like that. It obviously wasn’t the outcome you were hoping for, but you did what you could and got it done. Way to get through it Billy.

Wow, you did a great job with the quad injury! I love your pictures! I agree with others that hopefully you can transition to a Spring marathon. I know one at the end of March that you would crush!

Congrats coach! You may not have done as good as you hoped but you still rock!! And you created another marathoner and Dopey finisher today!!! Can't thank you enough!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter