Today is December 7.....sign up for MK 2018, Moonlight Magic?

Hum I booked over the weekend - I bet that was me too. I imagine as an IT nerd they cut a report over the weekend.
Took over an hour and in the manual boat as others BUT booked for 1/28. I also booked the after hours on 1/26 with a very nice discount AP wise - two low volume events at MK - bucket list stuff

Took me an hour and a half using the link in the e-mail (which, by the way, didn't show up in my inbox until after 9:00). Entered my member # and reservation # 13 times before it processed it! Seems like DVC would automatically register anyone who has a room reservation booked then members could decline if so desired.

MS told me managers can't book it either not even Jacqueline whom she admitted was a manager there. Hmm, strange that others mentioned she could. Happy for everyone who got it. Maybe in a few years Disney IT will have the process ironed out.

Supervisors can. Had to get regular person who then put me in line for manager

MS told me managers can't book it either not even Jacqueline whom she admitted was a manager there. Hmm, strange that others mentioned she could. Happy for everyone who got it. Maybe in a few years Disney IT will have the process ironed out.

Well I called twice. This morning ( after 50 redial attempts ) where I was told it HAD to be done through the website, they have no access. That the error will happen but it's because of volume. Then I saw people here getting managers to book it for them. And after like 100 tries with the website, ( and not only the server error, but ALSO it saying my info was invalid which... makes no sense ), I called again, explained the situation, she still did try to walk me through the website. Clear cookies, restart browser, try different browser. then finally put me on hold for like 45 minutes ( she was very apologetic and polite about it ) and finally came back saying a manager took care of it. Shedid add that THIS was a special circumstance and that NORMALLY it has to be done through the website... even though we know lots of people have gotten booked by managers here...

Just registered for Jan 11 (1:20 pm); said 'limited availability.' I never got email with link nor could I find it on the member site. Thanks for posting the link!

Well I called twice. This morning ( after 50 redial attempts ) where I was told it HAD to be done through the website, they have no access. That the error will happen but it's because of volume. Then I saw people here getting managers to book it for them. And after like 100 tries with the website, ( and not only the server error, but ALSO it saying my info was invalid which... makes no sense ), I called again, explained the situation, she still did try to walk me through the website. Clear cookies, restart browser, try different browser. then finally put me on hold for like 45 minutes ( she was very apologetic and polite about it ) and finally came back saying a manager took care of it. Shedid add that THIS was a special circumstance and that NORMALLY it has to be done through the website... even though we know lots of people have gotten booked by managers here...
I thought booking the December Epcot events was a fiasco. It seems this may be even more so. Well I was lucky enough to go to the event earlier this week. It was really fun but I'm not sure worth all the hassle. A nice quiet evening is sounding really nice. ☺

We are registered for January 11 at MK! I looked for a link at 7:30am CST and couldn't figure out how to register.
I tried the DIS once I got to work around 9 and used the link posted here. I kept getting the error message, went to a meeting, tried again around 10:30, went to another meeting, and just came back to it at 12:15 CST. Finally good to go.
I tried both Safari and Chrome browsers, but that didn't make a difference. I'm sure it just needed the site not to be overloaded.

For everyone saying that they didn't receive emails from DVC with the link until much later this morning/afternoon. The person my husband spoke with at MS said that in order to try and decrease load they were sending emails out in batches, which in my mind at least is ridiculous, fix your systems Disney :badpc:!

Hopefully the event is as good as the DL one and all of this was worth it.

Maybe...just maybe...they could look into a little more scalability for their web site? How many people can actually be trying to hit this site at that time? Cant be more than 20-30 thousand...thats all the rooms they have in total, and that is not a lot!

Also, it would be nice if maybe they could release such dates before the 11 month booking window. Those with DVC ressies tend to end up with them at the time of half of these moonlight magic events merely through blind luck. When the 2018 ones were announced, there was no availability (in a studio) for the one I wanted, so I made a cash ressie (which was the snafu today).

I will be at the Epcot one the 11th. I was at one of the AK ones in Sept. Both just happened to be pure luck that I booked those weeks much further out. I actually changed my Sept 2018 Ressie to coincide with the one at the studios

Took me well over 1 hr and 24 minutes but finally got it for 1/28 after I bought it for 1/26 so I guess we go twice. Any body know the times to it, because they could not tell me? She seemed to think it was until 1pm.

Any one that booked through phone with supervisor worried about being rejected on the night of the event? I really hope I get the confirmation email within 2 weeks like she said.

Any one that booked through phone with supervisor worried about being rejected on the night of the event? I really hope I get the confirmation email within 2 weeks like she said.
I would call back if you do not get one in two weeks. I chose to bail a day early back in Sept. because of Irma, and they told me I would get my points back for that last night. I had to call back like 3 or four times, but eventually did get them.

I would call back if you do not get one in two weeks. I chose to bail a day early back in Sept. because of Irma, and they told me I would get my points back for that last night. I had to call back like 3 or four times, but eventually did get them.

I am planning on calling tomorrow morning to see if in system at least.

I guess I'm just lucky. When I checked my email this morning, I had an email from Disney inviting me to sign up. I clicked through on my phone, entered my ressie # and member #, selected date and number of guests and was done. I got my confirmation email immediately.

Happy to hear my DAH 1/26 buddy got reservations too! We were one of the fortunate ones who were able to sign up early this morning. Can't wait for our DAH/MM weekend!

I would ask them to also mark your DVC account. I asked the lady I spoke with to mark my account, because I am blind and can never t always find emails, they have always done it for me and then if for some reason I don't get the email, they can go into my account and see that I did registered, worked on things like pandora pre enterance and on dory the movie, I am blind but I am very lazy in vacations and hate to find emails and if I print them off I don't see them, I usually take pictures but my pictures may be the back end of something instead of the front since I don't see, so this gives me more protection.

I am VERY nervous...I was told specifically that I would not receive a confirmation! I hope she was wrong since several on here were told they would eventually receive one. I'm guessing I still can't reserve online because I have a cash reservation & my DVC reservation starts the day after the event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter