Toiletry Dispensers Being Installed at Disney’s Pop Century Resort

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
Do they change the dispenser each time a new guest uses the room ?
I hope so.
I would not use it if another guest used it before me.
Yick :hyper2:

Pretty sure it isn't changed unless it is empty. The reason they installed them was to make less waste not more so they are large bottles that aren't replaced as often

We will bring our own toiletries to use.
No using something which is not individually packaged

Do they have some kind of lock on them so someone can't open them put something bad in them. I would worry about that. There are some strange and dangerous people around even possible at Disney for things to happen.

I would assume they will just refill them .... maybe between guests.

Too new to know what their process would be, heck I'd be happy if they just showed up each day.

They look to be locked in a stock like bar, but not sure how easy or not it would be to twist top off.

Here is what they look like ...

14b8ada7-7670-4ff8-a3ca-b78e27e80750-jpeg.295862

They aren't going to change those big bottles between guests. That would be a huge waste.

They look to be locked in a stock like bar, but not sure how easy or not it would be to twist top off.

The tops can't twist off because the nozzle's long arm prevents the top from fully revolving. It can only go left and right before hitting the wall.

But you can pop (century!) the top off; this doesn't actually allow access to the bottle, it only lets you see the top of the dispenser's pump.

Just showered with these. They are clear on the sides' bottom halves (visible in that photo above) to make it easier to see how much product is left in each bottle. I don't miss the small bottles, it's nice to have that shelf space for my shower comb and face wash!

Btw, if you're using these and it's taking 20 pumps to get any product, try lifting the pump's top off then putting it back on.

Last edited:
Do they have some kind of lock on them so someone can't open them put something bad in them. I would worry about that. There are some strange and dangerous people around even possible at Disney for things to happen.
Just left Pop Century today and these were installed two days earlier. The first time I used the products the bar that appeared to be locked in place open right up allowing access to the products if someone wanted to take them or replace them. Probably they will work out the kinks and it will be securely fastened in the future.

We will bring our own toiletries to use.
No using something which is not individually packaged

Do you realize those individual bottles can be tampered with too? Housekeeping isn't taking out ones that are full and look most likely unused. Other than the bars of soaps the rest isn't in sealed bottles.

I'm excited for these. With three women/girls in our travel party and my hair down to my waist, those little bottles just didn't get the job done. I always feel like I'm nagging housekeeping mercilessly for enough shampoo and conditioner to meet our needs. They probably think I'm stocking my bathroom for the next month!

Didn’t they used to have the soap dispensers on the walls - of course they didn’t have H2O products but they had the body soap / shampoo and conditioner dispensers on the wall in the shower

Didn’t they used to have the soap dispensers on the walls - of course they didn’t have H2O products but they had the body soap / shampoo and conditioner dispensers on the wall in the shower
Are they still providing lotion? I'm assuming they are still in the little bottles?TIA

I was just reading an article from our local news on “How to Avoid the Flu” and said one of the things to avoid is soap dispensers you pump. Apparently microbes have the ability to get inside the dispensers. :scared:
With all the surfaces you touch in the parks, I’d like my room at least to be safe.
We freq wash hands in the parks, and carry hand sanitizer. I also pack Lysol wipes and wipe down surfaces, door knobs, etc when we arrive in room. But there’s nothing you can do about germs INSIDE pump soap dispensers.

I was just reading an article from our local news on “How to Avoid the Flu” and said one of the things to avoid is soap dispensers you pump. Apparently microbes have the ability to get inside the dispensers. :scared:
With all the surfaces you touch in the parks, I’d like my room at least to be safe.
We freq wash hands in the parks, and carry hand sanitizer. I also pack Lysol wipes and wipe down surfaces, door knobs, etc when we arrive in room. But there’s nothing you can do about germs INSIDE pump soap dispensers.

Are you sure they meant INSIDE? The issue is usually the pump itself, because so many people are touching it.

Are you sure they meant INSIDE? The issue is usually the pump itself, because so many people are touching it.
Yup, that’s what article said, they can travel inside, especially if your hand you are pumping into comes in contact with the open part of nozzle. We don’t know if people (or kids) are not going to touch nozzle where product comes out.
I’ve noticed people in washrooms do the onehanded pump, pressing with thumb and palm of hand contacts opening where soap comes out.
I’m liking the touchless dispensers more and more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!