Toiletry Dispensers Being Installed at Disney’s Pop Century Resort

I opt out of housekeeping, so this is good news for me. I’ll miss the souvenir bottles (which were gorgeous at Pop this January) but I can’t argue with such a large reduction in plastic consumption.

from what you said I assume you carry your own soap when using a restroom while out. it is the same

A lot are sensor soap dispensers now or nothing to touch. Also the ones that attach to the wall would have less chance of someone touching thr actual dispenser nose than the pump style on the sink. But I care wet ones with me everywhere especially on vacation so if I have a worry I use those.

A lot are sensor soap dispensers now or nothing to touch. Also the ones that attach to the wall would have less chance of someone touching thr actual dispenser nose than the pump style on the sink. But I care wet ones with me everywhere especially on vacation so if I have a worry I use those.
ever watch people try to get soap out of no touch ones? I have so many tales from the small park I work at. ps most wet one do not kill viruses

We used to but certainly didn't at any of the mods we stayed in 2017.

Maybe they missed them? We always stayed at POR and never had a problem with getting all of these. Probably just a housekeeper missed, not that they do that:)

Not if they are contaminated with microbes inside the bottles :crazy2: I really hope this isn’t going to be resort wide. I can’t imagine checking into GF and having a Motel 6 soap bar in the shower.

I can't imagine they would use these at deluxe resorts but you never know. However, I think they are going to be very surprised with how much product they go through. I really believe people will start bringing bottles to fill up and take home.

I can't imagine they would use these at deluxe resorts but you never know. However, I think they are going to be very surprised with how much product they go through. I really believe people will start bringing bottles to fill up and take home.
I wouldn’t having just read an article on how microbes can enter pump bottles, yuck. But I can see people doing this too. Lol.

ever watch people try to get soap out of no touch ones? I have so many tales from the small park I work at. ps most wet one do not kill viruses

The brand Wet Ones does contain the ingredient that kills viruses including Norovirus. Hand sanitizers do not. I use Wet Ones at Disney all the time.

I have been using the new system for a few days as I was the first one to have access to it. I like the new body wash. My main concern is that someone will contaminate the contents, so once this trip is over, I will be bringing my own toiletries. Personally I don’t think it will be long before people figure out how to undo the lock and either take the bottles outright or put something like Nair in the conditioner bottle “ just for fun”.

I have heard that many hotels, including Hiltons, are going to this so they can claim to be more environmentally friendly. I am glad I don’t fly, so I can pack full size toiletries.

I did like that there is a window on the edge of the bottles so you can see if they are getting empty.

Some higher-end and boutique hotels in the real world are going to this model to be "greener", so I don't think Disney will shy away from rolling it out at the deluxe level if this test goes well and doesn't reveal any serious issues with durability, upkeep, etc.

I've noticed this in quite a few hotels I've stayed at in the past few years. I admit I never really understood why hotels just gave away small bottles of toiletries when this type of dispense is more sustainable. Especially in Disney's case, with a lot of long-stay guests and families, it makes much more sense than tiny bottles that need to be replaced. One of the hotels I stay at in upstate NY even has their own special shampoo/conditioner/lotion created specifically for them that you can then buy in large quantities to take home.

It will be interesting to see how it goes.

Disney had dispensers in values before and they were usually quite gross .... so they pulled them.

Now at least these bottles can be "thrown" away.

I will be there next week and have already packed my own.

Regardless it's going to save disney money at this point since most people will be bringing their own. I never cared for the shampoo and conditioner to begin with so it's a non issue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!