Tokyo 3 Day Itinerary

djmeredith

DIS Veteran
We will be in Tokyo for 3 days in mid may, arriving Fri evening and leaving Monday evening. I have come up with a rough itinerary, but I am unsure about some of the plans and would appreciate any feedback/tips.

Fri 8:00 pm arrive HND and go to hotel in Shinjuku
Saturday - Day 1
Harajuku
  • Meiji-jingu Shrine
  • Omotesando street
  • Walk to Nezu Museum and garden
  • Take Ginza subway line to Shibuya
Shibuya
  • Hachiko Statue
  • Shibuya crossing and sightseeing/shopping
Tokyo Bay
  • Street Kart Tokyo Bay (? Day 1 or 2)
Sunday Day 2
Tokyo Skytree
Asakusa
  • Senso-ji Temple
  • Asakusa-jinja Shrine
Ueno
  • Tokyo National Museum (?)
  • Ueno Park (? zoo)
  • ? Akihabara
  • Tokyo Station (?)
  • Imperial Palace (?)
  • Yasukuni-jina Shrine and Yushukan Museum
Day 3
Explore Shinjuku (staying close to the hotel where our luggage will be)
Evening: fly to Nagasaki

ETA: We are also doing 3 nts at Disney at the end of our time in Jaoan.

Last edited:
You might to define “we” - it’ll help people make suggestions on which attractions are better options in your list.

We will be in Tokyo for 3 days in mid may, arriving Fri evening and leaving Monday evening. I have come up with a rough itinerary, but I am unsure about some of the plans and would appreciate any feedback/tips.

Fri 8:00 pm arrive HND and go to hotel in Shinjuku
Saturday - Day 1
Harajuku
  • Meiji-jingu Shrine
  • Omotesando street
  • Walk to Nezu Museum and garden
  • Take Ginza subway line to Shibuya
Shibuya
  • Hachiko Statue
  • Shibuya crossing and sightseeing/shopping
Tokyo Bay
  • Street Kart Tokyo Bay (? Day 1 or 2)
Sunday Day 2
Tokyo Skytree
Asakusa
  • Senso-ji Temple
  • Asakusa-jinja Shrine
Ueno
  • Tokyo National Museum (?)
  • Ueno Park (? zoo)
  • ? Akihabara
  • Tokyo Station (?)
  • Imperial Palace (?)
  • Yasukuni-jina Shrine and Yushukan Museum
Day 3
Explore Shinjuku (staying close to the hotel where our luggage will be)
Evening: fly to Nagasaki

ETA: We are also doing 3 nts at Disney at the end of our time in Jaoan.

I'm a big fan of the delivery services in Japan. They're inexpensive and reliable. You might want to think about sending your luggage to Nagasaki or if it's a short stop maybe to the stop after that. It usually gets there the next day, unless it's further like Okinawa or Hokkaido. Then you can take an overnight bag that can be stored in a locker at a train station and have more flexibility that day.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of the delivery services in Japan. They're inexpensive and reliable. You might want to think about sending your luggage to Nagasaki or if it's a short stop maybe to the stop after that. It usually gets there the next day, unless it's further like Okinawa or Hokkaido. Then you can take an overnight bag that can be stored in a locker at a train station and have more flexibility that day.
Thanks for that tip about sending it on to the city after Nagasaki. I had read about the delivery services, but didn't think about using it because it is a quick stop in Nagasaki. I will definitely consider doing that if we decide to do something else that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter