Tokyo Disney Ambassador Hotel Questions

Kakapo

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

I managed to book a couple nights at the Ambassador hotel (which wasn't easy) for my trip in November and I have a few questions that would help planning.

- I see that the hotel and the park has 'home delivery' counters. The park says that they can ship to 'some' international destinations. Does anyone know if they will ship to New Zealand? And does the hotel ship internationally too?

- I'm hoping to be able to use the room for a rest break during the day, but in my experience, Japanese hotels can be very inflexible about this, blocking access to the rooms in the middle of the day for cleaning. Are there specified times when you can't access the room?

- The parks are open until 9, but realistically, how late are things operating?

- Any general advice on how to make the most of the hotel?

Thanks

In my (limited) experience, if we returned to our hotel room during cleaning, they were only too happy to leave and simply asked us to put the "please makeup my room" sign on the door when we left and they would then finish later. But, this wasn't specifically at the Ambassador. It may have also helped our case that we very obviously had a sleeping toddler with us (i.e. a clear reason why we were returning to the room).

The rides "close" at 9pm. Unlike at other Disney parks, they will close the lines before 9pm to ensure that the "last" riders are on around 9pm. For example, during our trip in July 2023, the line for Big Thunder Mountain closed around ... 8:30pm on one night. Lots of food stands and restaurants close much earlier.

I'm not sure about the shops as we did our browsing and shopping earlier in the day to avoid the crowds. On earlier visits (2019 and prior), I recall the "main street" shops staying open for quite a while as we would sometimes leave our shopping until closing so we didn't have to carry it around with us in the parks. But, from the brief research I did before our most recent trip, it sounded like the majority of the shops definitely close at 9pm. I'm not sure whether that is only the shops scattered throughout the park or whether it also includes the "main street" shops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter