Tokyo Disney Itineraries

My daughter is studying the fall quarter in Hong Kong. She can't move in until Sept. 5th....We were thinking about coming early, visiting HKD and then catching a Flight and spending 3 days at the Tokyo parks...would love suggestions on where to stay..and any recommendations on navigating the parks.

I have the app via a third party distributor. I don't know if it will work but I will try it out in December when I'm there. Even if we can't, I hope local Japanese will use it so the lines for paper FPs will be shorter

I have the app via a third party distributor. I don't know if it will work but I will try it out in December when I'm there. Even if we can't, I hope local Japanese will use it so the lines for paper FPs will be shorter
How do you get the app through a third party?

How do you get the app through a third party?

Android is pretty straightforward. Just download the APK file and install it (you may need to change some permissions if you've never installed an app using an APK before). You could also use the IP address method if you don't have a payment method linked to your play store account.

If you have an iPhone you'd have to jump through hoops to change your iTunes store location. It's probably easier to set up a new iTunes account on your computer and then transfer the app through there.

You can find tutorials for installing foreign apps all over the internet. Just be aware that you'll have to update manually.

Android is pretty straightforward. Just download the APK file and install it (you may need to change some permissions if you've never installed an app using an APK before). You could also use the IP address method if you don't have a payment method linked to your play store account.

If you have an iPhone you'd have to jump through hoops to change your iTunes store location. It's probably easier to set up a new iTunes account on your computer and then transfer the app through there.

You can find tutorials for installing foreign apps all over the internet. Just be aware that you'll have to update manually.
Dh has a Samsung so we will probably use his. We won’t worry about it until it gets closer. It’s very possible the FPS on the app won’t be available when we are there. Summer could easily be after beginning of June

planning right now for late Oct 2020= so far away! Fly in to Narita on a Friday, stay in Tokyo about a week, with 2 days at TDR Tues/Weds. Then train to Kyoto, hang out there til Monday, then fly Osaka to HK, few days in HK including the Dis park. We live in Florida so get to WDW pretty regularly, but bucket list for all the parks!! You guys have good ideas and plans. Would love to know more about cc points to covers costs of things. I use a Chase card and have bought United tickets with points...just joined HIlton Honors program also...

One big thing- would love to go sooner- but want to avoid Olympics crowds and higher prices- what about May 2020 after Golden week? too much construction in area? prices starting to rise for Olympics??? or late Oct 2019?? worried about rugby crowds and higher prices for things...

planning right now for late Oct 2020= so far away! Fly in to Narita on a Friday, stay in Tokyo about a week, with 2 days at TDR Tues/Weds. Then train to Kyoto, hang out there til Monday, then fly Osaka to HK, few days in HK including the Dis park. We live in Florida so get to WDW pretty regularly, but bucket list for all the parks!! You guys have good ideas and plans. Would love to know more about cc points to covers costs of things. I use a Chase card and have bought United tickets with points...just joined HIlton Honors program also...

One big thing- would love to go sooner- but want to avoid Olympics crowds and higher prices- what about May 2020 after Golden week? too much construction in area? prices starting to rise for Olympics??? or late Oct 2019?? worried about rugby crowds and higher prices for things...
What chase card do you use? United did just change their whole rewards program so it looks a lot different now. We used our chase points and booked an ANA flight through Virgin Atlantic.

We signed up for two different Hilton cards and those were a huge help in getting points for our tdr part of our stay.

Are you planning on staying in the city or doing a split stay between Tokyo and tdr?

I don’t think I can help too much as far as timing and when to go but I’m sure someone else on here could help with that.

We're planning for late May 2020 too, and everything I've read doesn't expect Olympic impact to start that early, and the things I've priced so far reflect that as well. The games don't start until July 24 (IIRC). There probably aren't a lot of people who will be arriving two months in advance. I'm not sure how much to expect construction to impact things, though, at TDR or elsewhere. We plan to start and end the trip in Tokyo, so we'll be there in late May and again in mid June, with the Disney part at the end, so I'm hoping most projects will be wrapping up by then.

If you're using the Google play store for apps, you can set up a new email account and set it to Japan (you can use a foreign credit card for payments) and then toggle between accounts in the play store so you can install Japan only or US apps on a single device.

If you're using the Google play store for apps, you can set up a new email account and set it to Japan (you can use a foreign credit card for payments) and then toggle between accounts in the play store so you can install Japan only or US apps on a single device.
Thank you! I'm gonna copy and paste this info in my doc so I don't forget.

I've been looking at our dates for Hilton Tokyo Bay because we had some extra points to add to our reservation and the whole hotel is sold out for our dates. I hope that doesn't mean it's going to be busy when we're there.

We did Hong Kong and Japan in May of 2016. Hong Kong is pretty hot and humid in May. If you go then, I’d suggest doing HK first and finishing at Tokyo DLR.

I've been looking at our dates for Hilton Tokyo Bay because we had some extra points to add to our reservation and the whole hotel is sold out for our dates. I hope that doesn't mean it's going to be busy when we're there.
Hilton is a strange company. Wouldn't put too much stock in what their website says.

Decided to move it to the last 2 weeks of May 2020. Just cant wait til Oct! Also I think spring will be a nicer times for the gardens everywhere. I think the comment about HK first might be apt- do the trip in reverse, weather wise. Ive also read it might be cheaper to fly to HK, but it is definitely a longer trip. We live in Florida after moving from the north 3 years ago- its horrible here in the summer, so I assume like HK would be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!