Tokyo Disney Resort Package Trip Report

greenkai3000

DIS Veteran
Ok, this is a few weeks later but thought I'd share my experience going back to TDR, on one of their vacation packages, for those who might be curious.

First, I tried to book the package on the Japanese website, only because I would've gotten more benefits (a universal fast pass to be used for ANY ride, at any time for instance). I tried using google translator, but I was very unsuccessful trying to convert my name into Japanese characters (of all things that's what kept me from finishing the booking). I then went on the American website. Booking on there was only slightly difficult as they would only take one of my CCs, after trying over and over to use several other ones.

We'd already stayed at Miracosta, DL, and Ambassador hotels on previous trips. So, we ended up choosing to stay at Disney's Celebration Hotel, one of their value hotels. We've seen videos, and read reviews about it online, and they were all great.

When we arrived at the resort, we were asked to go to the Reservation Center, right by Maihama Station, to pick up our resort packet that contained our room keys, fast passes, and vouchers for a free goodies. Once there, we were asked which resort we were staying at specifically. Celebration Hotel guests are to go to a separate Reservation Center, across from the main one, on the lower level of Ikspiari. We were there shortly before the opened (around 8am or so) so once they let us in, the process didn't take very long. All we had to do was show an email containing our reservation number, and our passports.

Since we had our luggage with us we decided to put them in storage lockers right by the TDL monorail station so we could visit TDL right then and there. We didn't get Happy 15 access ,as you only get it for the following morning(s) of your stay.

The vouchers we got back at the Reservation Center were to be redeemed at any of several locations inside the park. So we chose to go to the Monsters Inc gift shop in Tomorrowland. We were each given a fast pass holder, a goodie drawstring bag with a TDR vacation package towel, 5 fast passes, 2 passes for either One Man's Dream II, or Big Band Beat, a popcorn bucket in the shape of a suitcase, a popcorn voucher of any flavor of our choosing, and a voucher for UNLIMITED DRINKS(!!) during our stay at any of the parks. That in itself was worth splurging on a vacation package. We will definitely be doing that from now on.

Below are the links to all the pics I took. Hopefully you'll like them. Let me know if you have any questions.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10161154688080613&type=1&l=0f8a58a1bf

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10161157944775613&type=1&l=47772efa62

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10161161411235613&type=1&l=2d60eb7161

Last edited:
Those extras sound amazing (I love the Fastpasses, unlimited drinks, and guaranteed access to a popular show), but you mentioned it being a splurge. Generally speaking, how much more expensive is it to book a package like that instead of just the hotel and tickets separately?

Those extras sound amazing (I love the Fastpasses, unlimited drinks, and guaranteed access to a popular show), but you mentioned it being a splurge. Generally speaking, how much more expensive is it to book a package like that instead of just the hotel and tickets separately?

I booked hotel only in addition to a vacation package. For 2 nights at Ambassador, it’s 66800 yen. 3-D Magic Passport is 19400 yen per person. For 2 people, it’s 105600 yen for hotel stay and park tickets. I paid 185000 yen for a 3-day vacation package at Ambassador. It’s 79400 yen in difference for the extras: 2 sets of 7 fastpasses, 2 sets of 2 show passes, 4 breakfasts, 2 monorail passes, souvenirs and free drinks.

Since we had our luggage with us we decided to put them in storage lockers right by the TDL monorail station so we could visit TDL right then and there.

Did you ask about luggage delivery? When we went in 2016 and stayed at the Sheraton we were able to drop our luggage at the welcome center and they sent it to our hotel while we went to a park.

As I recall the package for 2 nights, 3, days was about 1500 USD. Hope that helps

Did you ask about luggage delivery? When we went in 2016 and stayed at the Sheraton we were able to drop our luggage at the welcome center and they sent it to our hotel while we went to a park.

I don't think they offer luggage delivery for Celebration Hotel? Probably because they're not on the monorail loop, but about a 15-20min Disney shuttle ride away

I booked hotel only in addition to a vacation package. For 2 nights at Ambassador, it’s 66800 yen. 3-D Magic Passport is 19400 yen per person. For 2 people, it’s 105600 yen for hotel stay and park tickets. I paid 185000 yen for a 3-day vacation package at Ambassador. It’s 79400 yen in difference for the extras: 2 sets of 7 fastpasses, 2 sets of 2 show passes, 4 breakfasts, 2 monorail passes, souvenirs and free drinks.

That's right! I totally forgot to mention breakfast every morning at our hotel, and the monorail passes (only rode it once, since we took the resort shuttle to and from the parks).

I’m resurecting this thread with some questions. Did you find the shuttle between the park and the Celebration hotel doable? We are used to staying at properties at WDW so it isn’t the end of the world for us but we will only have a limited amount of time in the area.

Also, were you able to make it work with happy 15 and the shuttles?

What about the last day. Did the hotel
hold your luggage until after your day in the parks?

Thanks!!

I would also like to know if the hotel held your luggage on the last day of the park. I'm trying to figure out if I want to try to add another night on separately to my vacation package (so I can stay at the parks all day and not have to worry about where my luggage goes), and leave for the airport in the morning, or go to the parks, get dead tired before my flight at night and try to sleep on the way back.

Package can only go up to 2 nights 3 days. You can book non package for 3 nights and then package for 2 nights but you may have to switch rooms

I’m resurecting this thread with some questions. Did you find the shuttle between the park and the Celebration hotel doable? We are used to staying at properties at WDW so it isn’t the end of the world for us but we will only have a limited amount of time in the area.

Yes , the shuttle stop for all buses is literally by the TDL monorail station, which in turn is right by the entrance to TDL

Also, were you able to make it work with happy 15 and the shuttles?
We are early risers. Breakfast at the hotel would start right at 7 so we’d eat right then, head over to the bus stop outside the hotel and take the shuttle to the parks. This would put us at the happy 15 special entrance by 8, which in turn would put us about #4 or 5 in line at the gates. Happy 15 would then begin at 8:45. Mind you, this won’t work during the weekend or holidays . People line up up to 3 hrs before park opening on those days. We were there on a Monday, Tues, and Wed, so it was definitely doable for us

What about the last day. Did the hotel
hold your luggage until after your day in the parks?
We had to take the train back to the airport on our last Disney day, so we chose to use the same lockers by TDL, which in turn was a short walk to the JR train station.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Hi How do you book for more than 2 nights . i wanted to get a 4 day pass and stay 5 nights?
Unfortunately the (English) website only allows you to book a hotel package for a maximum of 2 nights , and 2 people minimum. You’d have to book a separate package or extra hotel night and upgrade your park tickets I gather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter