Tokyo Parks Welcome Greeting

gelatoni fan

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever seen the Welcome Greeting at either park? I'm talking about when the band comes out with Minnie & Mickey either in front of the castle at Disneyland or the mini stage area toward the right of the globe at DisneySea.

Is it possible to watch this if you aren't a hotel guest? Also, is there a separate gate opening ceremony at DisneySea?

If so, how early do you have to arrive at the gates before scheduled park opening on a weekday in June or July to see these? I also read that Tokyo Disneyland recently started opening the gates 30 minutes before scheduled park opening and having rope drop at the World Bazaar. Does that mean that the current Welcome Greeting is now a rope drop show in lieu of the the gate opening show?

Due to construction at TDL, everyone can go in 30 minutes before opening. If you have Happy 15, you have to choose whether you want to take advantage of those 15 minutes or watch the show, because the show goes off about 10 minutes before the official opening and the park will open as soon as Mickey & Minnie leave the castle.

This does not apply to DisneySea. There is no gate opening ceremony but there is a welcome show in the harbor once the park opens. Unless you have multiple days & don't need to be running for FP, skip it.

Yes, I did. As for Tokyo Disneyland, Welcome greeting show has just started from last month along with the new park opening procedure. All guests, not only Disney hotel guests but also non-hotel guests, can enter the gate from 30 minutes before the scheduled park opening hour, and can be around World Bazaar and Plaza area. Welcome greeting starts at 15 minutes before the scheduled park opening hour in front of the Castle. I don’t think there is the rope drop show at World Bazaar. I recommend to be at the park gate at least 1 hour before the scheduled park opening. Japanese Disney fans are “early birds”

This article tells my experience on May-6th, 2018, for your information.
http://happiest-holidays.hatenablog.com/entry/2018/05/07/222901

As for Tokyo DisneySea, Disney hotel guests can come inside the park from 15 minutes earlier, and non-Disney hotel guests’ entrance starts at the scheduled park opening. Welcome greeting by the band with Mickey and Minnie starts on the stage near the globe when non-Disney guests come in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter