Tommy Kirk : Disney first gay actor

old lady

DIS Veteran
Shouldn’t he make a comeback since his mother told on him. Maybe a discussion on his life and his career ? Maybe he can voice a Disney character?

He was so great as the "boy next door" type character in the DIsney films...and who can forget Old Yeller? A cameo in a remake of one of his old films would be nice. Maybe playing the father or grandfather of one of his old characters. But as far as modern fame and fortune, I'm afraid, for him, that ship has sailed. Like most older actors, young people don't remember him.

I suppose at the very least he was inducted as a Disney Legend in 2006. With the introduction of Disney +, I am hoping many of these live-action films will find new popularity.

Shouldn’t he make a comeback since his mother told on him. Maybe a discussion on his life and his career ? Maybe he can voice a Disney character?

Any kind of doc or retrospective would almost have to be done outside the Disney umbrella. The reason for him exiting the Disney studio machine (and therefore a potential negative view of Walt) wouldn't fly on Disney+ or another Disney-owned network.

His films, however, would be fair game. I've always had a very soft spot for Tommy...I grew up watching Old Yeller a lot.

Any kind of doc or retrospective would almost have to be done outside the Disney umbrella. The reason for him exiting the Disney studio machine (and therefore a potential negative view of Walt) wouldn't fly on Disney+ or another Disney-owned network.

His films, however, would be fair game. I've always had a very soft spot for Tommy...I grew up watching Old Yeller a lot.

I agree with you. From interviews and things I have read, Kirk doesn't seem to harbor resentment against Disney in the long-term. I could maybe see a retrospective, but at the end of the day the topic of his firing would need to come up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!