*~*Tomorrow I Shall Eat Air *~* Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Halloween Cruise 9/7/19-9/14/19

I'm enjoying following along - thanks for sharing more details from your trip before the world went a little crazy.

Thanks for reading along! It will be interesting to compare the changes once we sail again!

Daisy is so sassy! We watched her with Minnie dance to “Single Ladies” up on deck once - brilliant.

That sounds amazing, would loved to have seen that!!

Thank you so much for this great report. I’m totally living vicariously through you until we can cruise hopefully in fall 2022. Can’t wait to read more.

Thank you for reading and commenting! I'm glad you are enjoying the report! We cruise on the Wish in fall 2022 and I'm definitely excited for that! I hope you are able to cruise then too!

Earlier during the dinner recap I forgot to mention the background behind Day 2's title - To Fly Like Peter Pan Think Happy Thoughts. Our Assistant Server Gigi told us that phrase and said that when he thinks happy thoughts he thinks of ice cream and Disney Cruises. I definitely can't argue with that! And on that note, these are the faces of happy cruisers after dinner...

The food comas are setting in....

Andy's pushing it LOL

We were done with dinner at 7 on the dot. We thought we would wander through the entertainment district (is that what it's actually called or did I just make that up? :confused3). But when we got there it was absolutely DEAD. No-one at all in that area.

Like I said before, I hope you don't get tired of pumpkin port hole pictures because here are a few more and they certainly won't be the last...

Since there wasn't much going on at the moment we decided to head to the room in case anyone wanted to get changed, etc while we regrouped and formulated a plan for the evening.

Zoe and I hung out on the verandah for a little bit. We were really enjoying the perfect evening and amazing view and these are the types of moments when I really feel like the verandahs are worth the extra cost.

due to me being at the photo limit this will be continued.....

I can almost hear the sound of the waves as the ship breaks through them when I look back at these pictures. It was getting close to the time the sun would set but there was still a little bit of time left before it became dark out.

Since I hadn't really been able to get any pictures of the girls that included their faces before dinner, I managed to talk Zoe into a couple pics. I don't know about any of your children or family members but mine seem to be more willing to pose for a photo when they are by themselves than when they are together.

While we were out on the verandah Piper and Andy were in the room relaxing and watching a little bit of the movie A Bug's Life. SUCH an underrated movie! When our son Chase was young and that movie came out he had practically every toy made. He was obsessed. I REALLY wish we had hung on to all of them. They made their way into a garage sale or two along the way. ugh!!!

Piper then made her way out to join us and I managed to coax her into a few photos as well

Now that both of the girls were back together on the balcony we found ourselves in a ridiculous discussion of "Mom, what would you do if I fell over the balcony?" Anyone else get these kind of questions? Or is it just me from my kids? LOL. Now, to be fair Piper is somewhat clumsy. So the question might not be as ridiculous as it would seem LOL :P We settled on the following: In the event that somehow Piper levitated and flew over the top railing of the verandah, we would get lifeboats to rescue her and we hoped we wouldn't get eaten by sharks. 🦈

After solving this very important issue, the girls took a picture of themselves with their "food babies" and discussed why "Piper was so much taller than Zoe". Zoe is about 5'1" and Piper is 5'6" so there is definitely a height difference but the chunky heels of her sandals made it seem like a lot more than it is.

We had finally settled on going to our favorite spot on deck 4 to relax for a bit and then going to the theater to watch a movie.

I'll put all of that in my next post and then that will be a wrap on a fun filled day 2!

Deck 4 is seriously one of our favorite places to just hang out on the ship. On this particular evening there was no one else out there so we had the whole place to ourselves. And it was PERFECT. Seriously. PERFECT. If you aren't sure exactly where this is, you go out the door that is at the top of the midship stairs, right by where the future cruise desk area is. It's also right outside where the end of the line to meet characters would usually be when they were doing the character meets on Deck 4 right above the atrium. This is also where you can find Shuffleboard. So peaceful out there.

Another perk to sitting out here is that you can see the characters and their handlers go by when they change out the meet and greets. We were lucky enough to see Donald leaving in his tux and then Daisy arriving in her sparkly blue dress. They both waved as they went by. LOVE IT!

After a bit of relaxation, it was time for us to head to the theater for the Lion King movie that came out in July of 2019.

While you are waiting for the movie to start they like to play what I like to think of as a fancy Disney Cruise Line commercial.

Since I like to spam you with sooo many pictures and I've reached this post's limit, this will be continued in the next post.....

Last edited:

We had gotten our Mickey balloon popcorn bucket filled before we went into the theater. At the time you could bring food and drinks into the theater. Popcorn refills were a lot cheaper than regular price which was definitely nice!

The new Lion King is honestly not one of my absolute favorites, but it's always fun watching a movie while you're at sea!

Once the movie ended we were all exhausted and decided to call it a night. When we got back to our stateroom we found our newest towel animal waiting for us

We had an amazing second day on the Disney Fantasy! I hope you can join us for day 3 which was another day at sea. After that we will be heading to Tortola and also the USVI and Disney's Castaway Cay!

*~* Day 3 *~*
*~*Curse You Aqua Scum!!! *~*

By 9:30am we were up and on our way to Cabana's for breakfast. One of our favorite things about having a room on Deck 10 is the ability to walk up one flight of stairs and be at Cabana's, Flo's, the pool, etc. It is so convenient! Especially at midship!

I tend to make a bee line straight to the pastry section but on this day I didn't get anything from it

I did get a couple of pieces of the breakfast sausage

Thankfully the rumors are that the Mickey waffles are back in Cabanas on the Fantasy right now. I'm relived that "Wafflegate" is over! We're not really big fans of going to the main dining rooms for breakfast and they are Zoe's favorite. All is well for our sailing on October 30th!

The strawberry syrup and whipped cream they have goes really good on pancakes, waffles, and just about anything breakfasty

Piper chose a pancake with strawberry syrup, some scrambled eggs, hash browns, a muffin and a Krispy Kreme donut. She was not a fan when I told her yesterday that rumor has it the Krispy Kreme's have been replaced on the current sailing with other donuts.

I had sausage, bacon, a hash brown, a little bit of corned beef hash and apparently some strawberry syrup. I believe I dipped my sausage in it. Is that weird? Probably :rotfl:

When we left breakfast I grabbed a couple of small cartons of milk to put in our refrigerator. I like to have a few drinks on hand in the room. It works real well if you order any chocolate chip cookies or the cake of the day from room service to have milk in your fridge! It's also handy if you bring a few of the individually packaged cereals to your room if you do not want to go out in the morning and maybe just want to enjoy a small breakfast on your verandah. This is a nice way to have something to eat without waking up everyone else in your party.

Now that we had breakfast we were off to enjoy our day at sea!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts