Tomorrowland Dessert Party- Disappointment

msdroz

DIS Veteran
We were very disappointed in the Tomorrowland Terrance Dessert Party. The desserts were ok, and there were plenty of choices but nothing was really fantastic. They also provided various juices, milk and coffee. I was pleased that the seating was not oversold, and closer to the time of the show everyone goes to the railing to watch. I was happy that we didn't have to fight the crowds, but the view of the front of the castle was blocked by a tree (so you missed part of the projection show. In addition, the music and narration was not loud enough at the Dessert Party so you didn't always hear everything. For the money we paid, I was pretty disappointed and I wouldn't do it again, nor recommend it to anyone.

That stinks, we loved it. I don't recall a tree being in our way at all. Tink literally flew right over us and I loved all the yummy treats. That mango shooter thing was the best!! For us it was well worth not having to be among the sweaty masses and be able to sit at a table, but I understand that everyone has different experiences. At least now you know what you can cross off your list of things not to do on your next trip.

I should have mentioned that having Tink fly over was worth maybe half the cost ;)

It was interesting as a lot of people were confused about table seating and how you could stand at the railing (I researched this ahead of time). The manager had to come and explain it to a few people who were quite upset about the whole situation.

What may add to my disappointment is that just 5 years ago we sat in the same area for free :( I thought we'd give it a try and I would give it a 2 thumbs up if it had not been for the tree and bad acoustics!

Our name was on our table so there was no confusion there. What were people upset about? That there were people standing? I have read that being a big disappointment, but we were lucky and nobody stood until the fireworks started and b/c we had a front table our view wasn't obstructed at all. We even had a great view of the parade. I do not recall the music part though. We were tired and just happy to sit relax so I don't think I gave it a second thought.

Our name was on our table so there was no confusion there. What were people upset about? That there were people standing? I have read that being a big disappointment, but we were lucky and nobody stood until the fireworks started and b/c we had a front table our view wasn't obstructed at all. We even had a great view of the parade. I do not recall the music part though. We were tired and just happy to sit relax so I don't think I gave it a second thought.

The family in front of us spent 10 minutes screaming at the manager because their princess couldn't see the castle from their table. Then 2 other families who came in didn't like their table selection and the manager had to explain that you could move about. It just seemed like things weren't communicated very well, and it was weird going up to the railing knowing that you would be blocking someone else who was seated.

The family in front of us spent 10 minutes screaming at the manager because their princess couldn't see the castle from their table. Then 2 other families who came in didn't like their table selection and the manager had to explain that you could move about. It just seemed like things weren't communicated very well, and it was weird going up to the railing knowing that you would be blocking someone else who was seated.

Gotta love it!:rolleyes2

We have been twice and thought it was great. I got most of my info here on the dis and was told that once you were done eating that it was expected to move up to the railing to watch the show. Yes, it would have been nice to watch it from your table but the tables are not set up for everyone to have that perfect viewing of the castle plus they use that time to clean the tables off.

We have been twice and thought it was great. I got most of my info here on the dis and was told that once you were done eating that it was expected to move up to the railing to watch the show. Yes, it would have been nice to watch it from your table but the tables are not set up for everyone to have that perfect viewing of the castle plus they use that time to clean the tables off.

I also did my research on the boards ahead of time but you could tell that half of the people there didn't know the protocol. I think the expectations of the party could be better explained ahead of time. With that said, I did know the expectations and afterwards I think it was overpriced (based on the acoustics and tree blocking view). It was nice to do once but I wouldn't do it again.

Sorry for the resurrection but I love that Dessert Party. I sat and ate during most of it because of the great number of children that I thought needed a better view at the rail. It was a blast and desserts were awesome. We hung there till they practically kicked us out then stalked main street till they practically kicked us out.

It's a social gathering. Eat, sit, watch, leave (well maybe stick some desserts in your bag then leave)

I am going to both Sparkling and Tomorrowland on my vacation starting August 23rd!

I do not like the desserts either. But we enjoy it to not have to wait 1-2 hours to get a good view of Wishes and we LOVE seeing Tinker Bell fly right over us. To us, that's all that's really worth it.

A couple of years ago we did the fireworks dessert party, and it was just OK at best. But we had an awesome picture taken at the party with the castle lit up in the background!!! I started a new job as soon as we got back, got busy, and let it expire before I bought it.... So we did it again last year, and bought the photopass. I was ready! But there was no photographer at the dessert party... :headache: I wasted $300 to re-create a stinkin' picture that never came to be, and I wanted to cry! But we stopped in front of the castle one morning and the photographer did a few different poses, one of them with my girls standing back to back, arms crossed, with the castle blurred in the background, and it was awesome! It was worth the cost of the photo pass by itself, so it was all good in the end. But back to the party, I feel you, not a fan. Now, riding Big Thunder during the fireworks is where it's at! :love:

It's a social gathering. Eat, sit, watch, leave (well maybe stick some desserts in your bag then leave)

HaHA!! You sound just like my friend! We're going to the Tomorrowland party and the Epcot Sparkling party also and she has plans a stick a few desserts in her wheelchair bag!! Ahhh!!
I'm going to pretend I don't even know her...:rolleyes1

I also did my research on the boards ahead of time but you could tell that half of the people there didn't know the protocol. I think the expectations of the party could be better explained ahead of time. With that said, I did know the expectations and afterwards I think it was overpriced (based on the acoustics and tree blocking view). It was nice to do once but I wouldn't do it again.

that is the problem Disney creates with this event. They don't state the protocal of the event. They need to explicity state that the fireworks are for STANDING viewing. if you are able to sit at your table and still see them, you are then lucky, but not guarrenteed.

Here is what the web-site says:

Delight in a bountiful buffet of tempting treats as fireworks fill the sky over Cinderella Castle.

Help yourself to tables brimming with pastries, cookies, chocolate-covered strawberries and more mouthwatering desserts—as well as a variety of refreshing hot and cold beverages.

From outside on the covered patio, enjoy a nearly unobstructed view of Cinderella Castle and the skies above. Watch the mesmerizing Wishes Nighttime Spectacular—the biggest and brightest fireworks extravaganza in Magic Kingdom history—and look for Tinker Bell as she flies right above the patio!

Please note: Wishes Nighttime Spectacular may be changed or canceled without prior notice.

"From a covered patio" most people would assume correclty that a buffet meal on a covered patio would include, seating on said patio for the paid event and fireworks.

I could understand the parents being a bit ticked off, ( I would have not screamed) but I was in the same position where we booked this so my mom could have a reserved seat for the fireworks,, a few minutes before CM told others to stand by the railing, therefore no view for my mom.

I had done a report before on this..Also negative. i can see it being great for those that 1. are total desert freaks and will stuff themselves 2. it's NYE or the 4th and there is no standing room/room to breath anywhere near the hub.

I started my own thread about this topic, and then saw this one...oops.

We'll be at Disneyworld in January with our daughter, her husband, their two children and her husband's parents. Just this morning I got a text on my phone from DD, saying she had made one more reservation for us, at Tomorrowland Terrace for our last night. I didn't even remember a restaurant by that name, so I got on the computer to find out. Ah, it's the fireworks dessert party! What a fun way to spend our last night of our family trip, so I asked more about it.

Sorry to hear some are disappointed with it, but glad to hear others loved it. The ones who don't like people standing up by the railing I'm kind of curious about. Aren't the fireworks up high in the sky? Why would anyone standing at the railing block your view of the fireworks?

And the website says they have "pastries, cookies, chocolate covered strawberries and more"...what is the "more?" Are there any gluten free and sugar free options? Fresh fruit like cut up melon, berries, etc.?

I can't wait to see Tink fly over us!! :)

I've done the dessert party 3 times in the past 4 years and each time it's gotten to be less desserts for the same, if not more, money.

I was kinda disappointed the last time I went and feel it's just not worth it any more.

I did the dessert party in 2012, and loved it! It was really the highlight of our trip. It felt so luxurious to have prime seating for Wishes without having to jockey for position with others, and the desserts were fabulous. There were people standing in front of me, but I was still able to see everything just fine. That said, I DID have to stand. If I had been sitting, I don't know that I'd have been able to see. For those who need to sit, it might be best to snag a CM in advance and explain, and ask them for a heads up about when to move the chair to the "front row" so they can avoid having people stand in front of them.

I've done the dessert party 3 times in the past 4 years and each time it's gotten to be less desserts for the same, if not more, money.

I was kinda disappointed the last time I went and feel it's just not worth it any more.

Since I haven't been able to see any photos of the desserts/fireworks at this party, I searched at youtube and saw one where the spread looked fantastic with creme brulet, mango shots, etc. etc. Then I saw the video was FOUR YEARS OLD. :( Found one that was 5 months old and wow, what a difference in what they now offer. Looks rather disappointing. :( But, being able to see the fireworks display with our family and see Tink fly over us will be worth it, I'm sure. :)

Yikes!! :sad2:

Curious. Is this all an open air location or is part of the room enclosed? I have been looking for images online and youtube and it looks completely open with a cover?

I am so glad to hear that I'm not the only one that was disappointed. I was beginning to think DH and I were out of our minds for not being impressed.
We didn't realize that people line up so early to get in so we waited until 15 minutes before and ended up about being last in line. Not a big deal since the tables are assigned and they replenish everything. Our table was near the buffet so no change of even seeing the parade as there were constantly people in line standing right in front of our table.
We didn't realize that people stood up in rail so by the time we got in and were eating with two little kids, the rail was almost full! DH ended up standing in spot where he had to hold DD6 so that she could see and I ended up sitting with DS4 back at our table and not seeing a lot of the fireworks because he was ancy with me holding him - we would have been better off in a spot where he could've sat in his stroller.
They did like seeing Tink fly over and it was nice being able to get out quickly and be near the entrance to exit on the backside of Main Street but other than that I was not impressed and we will not be doing it again.
The deserts were good but not worth the cost IMO, especially for the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter