Tomorrowland expansion

The only attractions that are guaranteed to stay are Space Mountain, Carousel of Progress, People Mover and Buzz Lightyear. Everything else including the restaurants and snack walkups could be replaced or rethemed.

Well we already know Stitch is going. Hadn't heard anything on restaurants, so that is interesting. I still find it hard to see laugh floor gone, it is pretty popular, and eats people.

I also have seen confirmation that Buzz is getting a refurb relatively soon.

I am surprised they haven't incorporated "Miles from Tomorrowland" into Tomorrowland at all. The show is set in the same "universe" as Space Mountain and the People Mover. That "immersion" is now ruined when Buzz, Monsters Inc and Stitch came in.

I agree...my son loves Miles -- the whole concept fits Tomorrowland to a tee (right down to the Tomorrowland Transit Authority), not sure why they haven't incorporated at all (not even a simple character M&G somewhere, if they don't want to sink $$ into an attraction for a TV show?)

Well we already know Stitch is going. Hadn't heard anything on restaurants, so that is interesting. I still find it hard to see laugh floor gone, it is pretty popular, and eats people.

I hope they redo Buzz, the Florida version seems like the worst one. I'd love to see more screens and actual moving animatronics put into it. I have more fun at Walmart on a thursday afternoon.

I hope they redo Buzz, the Florida version seems like the worst one. I'd love to see more screens and actual moving animatronics put into it. I have more fun at Walmart on a thursday afternoon.
It looks really flawed when compared with toy story at the studios, but it still gets big lines so what do I know

It looks really flawed when compared with toy story at the studios, but it still gets big lines so what do I know

I'm sure you know a lot umichigan10, I'm sure. pooh:

Strangely I do it every trip, even though I don't think it's that great. It must be because Stitch is across from it. Anything looks good in comparison to that. But I do think Buzz needs a refurb, even if it's just to add different colored dots for the guns.

Last edited:

I'm sure you know a lot umichigan10, I'm sure. pooh:

Strangely I do it every trip, even though I don't think it's that great. It must be because Stitch across from it. Anything looks good in comparison to that. But I do think Buzz needs a refurb, even if it's just to add different colored dots for the guns.
Yeah I should restate: I don't hate buzz but it needs some love. When you look at the other version a worldwide they improved on the original (hand held guns for one). I just know Disney could do the same to the MK version

I've heard that a Monsters Inc. mini land may be in the works for DHS once TSL and SWL are completed, possibly replacing the area currently occupied by Launch Bay. Laugh Floor would likely move over there.

Any ideas of when Buzz will be undergoing refurb? How soon is relatively soon?

I actually prefer Buzz to Midway. I think Buzz is more fun, but I wouldn't object to a refurb. It could use some polish and plussing.
I agree, Buzz is nice as its physical sets and not just screens. Definitely needs some plussing though. I'd love to see some way to link scores to MagicBands on Buzz like attractions to track high scores etc.

I've heard that a Monsters Inc. mini land may be in the works for DHS once TSL and SWL are completed, possibly replacing the area currently occupied by Launch Bay. Laugh Floor would likely move over there.

Any ideas of when Buzz will be undergoing refurb? How soon is relatively soon?

I would love to see a mini monsters inc land! I hope that's true!

I would love to see a mini monsters inc land! I hope that's true!
Take this with a grain of salt, but in the latest episode of the Disney Dish, Jim Hill mentioned that Disney is considering building a Monsters Inc. land once Star Wars Land is complete in 2019. Monsters Inc. land would likely replace Animation Courtyard (where Launch Bay etc. is now) and would feature 2-3 attractions - Laugh Floor from Magic Kingdom being one of them. Jim Hill says it Rock 'n' Roller Coaster could be rethemed for Monsters Inc. and also that the dark ride from DCA could also become part of DHS Monsters Inc. expansion.

I used to love the people movers, but lately it feels like it's severely lacking. I feel like I remember it being more as a child. Now there is a lot of black space and it's missing depth. Didn't it used to show a lot more backstage and through windows?

I used to love the people movers, but lately it feels like it's severely lacking. I feel like I remember it being more as a child. Now there is a lot of black space and it's missing depth. Didn't it used to show a lot more backstage and through windows?
I know the building that now houses buzz used to show more but was changed when buzz went in. I think space mountain used to show more as well

You are not wrong, depending on how far back you go. There were 3 more windows into "If you had Wings/If you Could Fly" which pre-dated Delta Dreamflight/Take Flight and Buzz Lightyear.

Perhaps they could do a multi-level attraction building as Universal is doing with Mario and keep the speedway in some futuristic themed, clean air, indoor version on the bottom floor. Put other B/C attractions on the upper floors.

Perhaps they could do a multi-level attraction building as Universal is doing with Mario and keep the speedway in some futuristic themed, clean air, indoor version on the bottom floor. Put other B/C attractions on the upper floors.

I love that idea, they could always retheme it as well. Because the cars are starting to really look antique. My Grandfather used to drive similar cars... thankfully they were much bigger though.

Besides it's Tomorrowland not Yesterland.

I love that idea, they could always retheme it as well. Because the cars are starting to really look antique. My Grandfather used to drive similar cars... thankfully they were much bigger though.

Besides it's Tomorrowland not Yesterland.

They should replace the cars and track with MagLev cars, that would fit the theme.

They should replace the cars and track with MagLev cars, that would fit the theme.

They need to do something with the speedway. While it can eat a decent number of people, its footprint is larger than Space Mountain, and could be capable of so much more. If you count the land bays next to Space Mountain, the speedway is locking up more than 3 Space Mountain sized areas. The expansion of tomorrowland and/or fantasy land is a great opportunity it they are willing to get rid of the speedway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter