When I just checked for my late July dates, the dates July 15-26 are now "blued out" as opposed to being "grayed out" with all the other dates from late May and beyond. What might that mean?

When I just checked for my late July dates, the dates July 15-26 are now "blued out" as opposed to being "grayed out" with all the other dates from late May and beyond. What might that mean?

Are those the dates of your trip? When I log into my account, my days are shown in blue.

Just how crowded does the garden plaza dessert party get? I've been thinking of surprising my dw and dd on our final day there in late June. It will be my dd's 3rd birthday, would I have to pay for her if it's the final day of our trip and the day of her 3rd bday? Also, if we choose to go would my daughter have trouble viewing the projections? We'll be taking a midday break back at the hotel, so I think she'll be awake, but I'm worried that she wouldn't be able to see much with the crowd and might be better off staking out another spot or skipping entirely. Thanks!

Just how crowded does the garden plaza dessert party get? I've been thinking of surprising my dw and dd on our final day there in late June. It will be my dd's 3rd birthday, would I have to pay for her if it's the final day of our trip and the day of her 3rd bday? Also, if we choose to go would my daughter have trouble viewing the projections? We'll be taking a midday break back at the hotel, so I think she'll be awake, but I'm worried that she wouldn't be able to see much with the crowd and might be better off staking out another spot or skipping entirely. Thanks!

My opinon...

“Crowded” is subjective of course, but I think it’s a reasonable balance for both Disney and guests. The do sell a lot of spots for this, but you’re not really shoulder to shoulder with other guests. It’s certainly better than being in the Hub, that’s for sure.

With our DD3, we have picked her up and held her on our hip, head about shoulder high. We do tend to hang out towards the back so picking her up doesn’t bother anyone.

There’s A LOT going on visually with HEA all over the place, so even if they can’t see the very bottom projections on the castle, it’s all good.

With our kids, we really like having the garden space to let them walk around and get the wiggles out while waiting for the show.

I’m sorry, I don’t know what the policy is when a child turns 3 during a trip.

Hope that helps!

We booked a very last minute trip and finally had spots on our date (March 1) open up. Had to call to book w gift card but very excited for our late Valentine's day celebration and first HEA!

We booked a very last minute trip and finally had spots on our date (March 1) open up. Had to call to book w gift card but very excited for our late Valentine's day celebration and first HEA!

Fun! Have a great time. :-)

Seems like maybe I’ve read the answer to this but I can’t find it so if it’s already been asked, I apologize.

But is it possible to take a few desserts with you to the garden to munch on while you wait for the fireworks? I know you can get a go cup, can you take a little go plate?

Seems like maybe I’ve read the answer to this but I can’t find it so if it’s already been asked, I apologize.

But is it possible to take a few desserts with you to the garden to munch on while you wait for the fireworks? I know you can get a go cup, can you take a little go plate?

I have not seen this myself, but folks on this thread have reported being given to-go containers upon request.

My tip for this is to bring yourself a small tupperware container with lid or or even two if you have a group of people. That way you can get a plate of desserts, go back to your table and put the desserts in the tupperware container. You can't do it right at the buffet but nobody stopped me from doing it from my seat. Then I went back and grabbed another drink and some napkins and I was all set.

I'm hoping to get this on July 3rd while I'm there. My husband is coming with me then and he's never done this dessert party before.

My tip for this is to bring yourself a small tupperware container with lid or or even two if you have a group of people. That way you can get a plate of desserts, go back to your table and put the desserts in the tupperware container. You can't do it right at the buffet but nobody stopped me from doing it from my seat. Then I went back and grabbed another drink and some napkins and I was all set.

I'm hoping to get this on July 3rd while I'm there. My husband is coming with me then and he's never done this dessert party before.

I kind of really like this idea! Lol

We did this on Feb 6th and really glad we did. We (two of us) got to the desert party a little later than we would have liked. We decided to ride Pirates with a FP once last time and figured we had lots of time – that slowed us up a bit as there was a slight delay at the ride. Then we didn’t account for fighting through the crowds gathering in the hub. We made it through, but it did slow us down for sure. If we did it again, we’d allow more time to travel to the location as it gets busy in the area beforehand.

We got to the party, checked in, were shown to our table, and were off to get our deserts. We got ice cream sundaes and then each got a plate full of assorted goodies. Also grabbed sparkling cider. Everything was good. The seating area wasn’t crowded at all. Lines at the buffet weren’t bad and moved quick. We didn’t really have time to go back for seconds. Really like the idea of taking a little container for some to-go treats.

When we were done eating, we grabbed some bottles of water and then lined up at the podium. We had to wait to be walked over. We ended up on the back rail and over to the left. At the last minute another group of people came over and, despite there being plenty of empty space, they tried to squeeze into the corner beside us – pretty much forcing us to either be shoulder-to-shoulder with them, or to move over. Once the fireworks started, they actually wandered off to the front. With so much space, I was a bit surprised at them crowding in on us. Guess they were determined to have back rail to the left. But there really was lots and lots of space on the night we went. Then, mid-show, some random guy jumped the fence and entered the party area – I guess the CM’s didn’t notice him entering.

All in all, we had good view. And we were so glad we weren’t out in all the craziness. We had lots of space. We did see the projection show before the fireworks, too. We didn’t stroll over to our spot till about five minutes before it began – so we were happy we didn’t have to spend time staking out a spot.

After the show, we hung around for about twenty minutes or so before heading off to catch the ferry. Overall, we enjoyed it and thought it was money well spent.

I would like to do this as well as my girls and I would be just as happy not having to give up so much park time to get there 90 min early but am afraid I am going to feel really awkward!

How late do you think we can arrive to quickly enjoy the desserts and head to Plaza viewing for the show?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter