Tony Hinds transportation

I can NOT recommend Tony Hinds. He was a no show for our return trip to the airport.

I was told he would contact me with pick up time the day before pick up. I decided to contact him two days before, so I could make plans for my final day. He emailed me back and we agreed on a pick up time. On the return day, I was at the agreed pick up location 5 minutes early and one of the resort employees asked me if I needed help. I told him I had a car service coming and was checking to see if they were here. The employee told me no one from Tony Hinds was here yet. I texted Tony telling him we were ready, whenever the driver was. He didn’t respond. My family stood there waiting for 5 minutes past pick up time, so I called Tony, got his voicemail and left a message. I also responded to our last email confirming time and told him the driver wasn’t at our resort yet and then I texted him again hoping he would respond.
My family agreed to wait 10 more minutes before deciding we would have to split up and take Ubers. We never heard from Tony and when we got into the Ubers, no one from Tony Hinds was there for us. It was a very stressful end to our otherwise wonderful vacation.

I haven’t heard back from Tony since this happened.
I am very disappointed in the lack of communication.

Good luck to everyone else using his service.
I too am so sorry that happened to you all. I wonder if customer volume is getting to big for him to handle. We were picked up at the airport and dropped off by contractors and not Tony or one of his drivers. The first van was not very clean and our return driver was very aggressive which made me a bit nervous and frankly I am a bit hesitant to share this lackluster review because we have always had great service from Tony and his crew. When I described my lukewarm experience to my friend who I will be traveling with this fall, she said that she would feel better using a more established towncar service so that is what we are doing.

I hope this was a one off and not an escalating trend. We loved his service in the past and I would like to give him another try but not if we are potentially going to be stranded with no communication from him even after the fact. This makes me sad.

We have Tony booked to take us to PC this weekend and to return us to MCO after our cruise. I'd be lying if I said the reviews posted here didn't slightly concern me. BUT, I confirmed with him a couple weeks ago and then again yesterday, and he says all is good. I did not book via his website (it wasn't created when we booked). We plan on paying in cash.

I'll let you know when we return how things went.

We used Tony last year to bring us from Disney to universal, and back again three days later. He was on time, reliable, friendly, and I wouldn’t hesitate to use him again!

We have Tony booked to take us to PC this weekend and to return us to MCO after our cruise. I'd be lying if I said the reviews posted here didn't slightly concern me. BUT, I confirmed with him a couple weeks ago and then again yesterday, and he says all is good. I did not book via his website (it wasn't created when we booked). We plan on paying in cash.

I'll let you know when we return how things went.
i’m sure they will go fine
When you read all the past reviews on Tony Hinds
on the boards, you will read many positive posts

Over the years he has had excellent service and consistent service

Things come in waves when one person posts their personal experiences for ride companies

I do not get involved in how some customers tell
their service was not up to the standard they were expecting
i’d that was an ongoing complaint. i would have stepped to explore it as our disboards would not be recommended Tony Hines if there were serious issues being over looked

It always is best to talk to the owner privately and mend things at the present time
tony hinds is a growing company and accident free so far with his rides

He would not be advertising his business this many past years i’d there were issues

The Disboards have specific people over see how xis

Things come in waves when one person posts their personal experiences for ride companies was not acceptable to the standard way tony would check it out

i’d that was an ongoing complaint. i would have stepped stept up to explore it as our disboards would not be recommended Tony Hines if there were serious issues being over looked

but we do no have any one filing complaints

as it is. his transportation service has not broken rules
he would be involved

It always is best to talk to the owner privately and mend things at the present time

He would not be advertising his business this many past years i’d there were issues

The Disboards have specific people over see how xae
service is

Things come in waves when one person posts their personal experiences for ride companies

i’d that was an ongoing complaint. i would have stepped to explore it as our disboards would not be recommended Tony Hines if there were serious issues being over looked

The Disboards have specific people over see how xis
well, clearly he is way busier than he ever was. The bad reviews ALL point towards disorganization because he is likely overbooked/super busy.

This is indeed a concerning point, he was able to provide 5 stars in the past when he was not super busy, but maybe, maybe now he is having a hard time handling the demand. I would not just dismiss the bad reviews like it is nothing. He is a small business, might be having a hard time handling the demand.

Last edited:
but we do no have any one filing complaints

as it is. his transportation service has not broken rules

service is
I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say. Yes, there have been years of good service/recommendations for Tony. However, over the last couple of months, there HAVE been complaints. Simply read this thread. Are these a small percentage based on the last number of years? Of course. Are they a higher percentage based on the last couple of months? Don't know. Is he experiencing "growing pains"? Maybe.

We've had good service from Tony in the past. Does that automatically mean good service now? No. The reviews posted here DO concern me. A LOT of concern? No. It does sound like, probably because of the demise of DME, he may have gotten more work than he was accustomed to. So far, for my plans for this trip, he has been attentive and responsive. If it wasn't for this thread, I wouldn't be worried a bit. There have just been too many poor experiences posted. I'm not concerned enough to cancel, but I'd be lying if I didn't have "Plan B's" in the back of my head.

agree with that as i always have a plan B when i travel

It can be stressful for travel these days and a plan B is good to have

FWIW, we had arranged for Tony to pick us up from our hotel at 930 this morning to take us to the port. It wasn't Tony, but one of his drivers called at 927 that he was at the hotel.

Loaded up in a 12 pax van (with the backseat taken out) and headed off. No issues as of yet.

One final update, when I turned my phone off airplane mode, I had a text from our driver asking what time to be picked up. We settled on 930. He ended up showing up at 945 because of traffic issues. We asked to stop somewhere to get some Advil, so we hit a gas station (not much between PC and MCO), then went to the airport. Again, no issues.

ETA: This was all post cruise. My previous post was getting us to the cruise. Bottom line, absolutely no issues, would definitely use again.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!