Tony's Town Square

Disney loving Iowan

DIS Veteran
In all my trips I have never eaten at Tony's even though I'm a huge Lady and the Tramp fan because I always heard bad reviews. So I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me how it has been lately. I honestly don't wanna go just for the theming. Has it gotten better? Should we give it a try? TIA

Unpopular opinion: I actually really like Tony's. Not only do I love the theming, but the food is actually pretty good. We love the calamari and some of the other appetizers. The only thing I do not like about this restaurant is how late they seat you after their reservation so be prepared to arrive maybe 15-20 minutes early to your reservation time; though, now with the new capacity restrictions, that may not be a problem for a few months. Happy planning!

Unpopular opinion: I actually really like Tony's. Not only do I love the theming, but the food is actually pretty good. We love the calamari and some of the other appetizers. The only thing I do not like about this restaurant is how late they seat you after their reservation so be prepared to arrive maybe 15-20 minutes early to your reservation time; though, now with the new capacity restrictions, that may not be a problem for a few months. Happy planning!
Thank you for the input! I appreciate it.

We ate there last August. Everyone enjoyed their meal and in fact, DH and DS's asked for it to be a repeat next time we go to WDW. Between us we had the fried mozzarella app, and chicken fettucine alfredo, spaghetti with meatballs and mushroom ravioli. Regular food, nothing too fancy, but everyone was satisfied. We will go again.

My daughter and her family ate there this past February. She and her daughter enjoyed their meal but my SIL said his was very salty. I can no longer remember what they ate but she told me to give it a try.

We ate there last August. Everyone enjoyed their meal and in fact, DH and DS's asked for it to be a repeat next time we go to WDW. Between us we had the fried mozzarella app, and chicken fettucine alfredo, spaghetti with meatballs and mushroom ravioli. Regular food, nothing too fancy, but everyone was satisfied. We will go again.
Thank you!

Hi, I've eaten here twice, most recently in May 2019. This place is not bad, it's just OK. My wife and I were fine with our meal, it was good enough but unmemorable. It was our least favorite sit down dinner, but we weren't disappointed. I probably wouldn't eat there unless I had to again. I think you'll be fine trying this once and deciding if it's another must-do, unless you rarely go to WDW and have a restaurant you absolutely love in MK.

I don't know if this makes me bias, but I'm from NYC and have eaten at a lot of great Italian restaurants here which may factor into my opinion of what may be just perfectly good food into "Just OK"

Probably my worst experience here was the long wait time despite my reservation. That said, that was the case for every single restaurant we went to except Teppan Edo. This one was just particularly long (or felt that way!) after a long day in MK.

Probably my worst experience here was the long wait time despite my reservation. That said, that was the case for every single restaurant we went to except Teppan Edo. This one was just particularly long (or felt that way!) after a long day in MK.
Thank you!

OP: We have read all the bad reviews too. However, we decided to give it a try, because my daughter and her family always eat there and like it. So, we got an adr for our trip a couple of years ago. I was not too sure that it was a good idea.
The food was great! My husband had spaghetti and meatballs and loved it! I love chicken parmasean and their's was fantastic, one of the best I have eaten at any restaurant. The salad was good and fresh and the bread service was delicious. Our waiter was attentive. We asked him if something had changed at Tony's recently? He said they had a new chef who was getting great reviews. I am so glad we didn't pay attention to the reviews and tried it ourselves. We have tried other highly rated (by the Disney public) restaurants and were disappointed, so you never know!

Last edited:
We ate there March of 2019. We won't go back. We ate Ohana the first night and everything after that was just ok. Coral Reef and Tony's are the bottom of our 7 table service places. I didnt like the red sauce. My husband and son liked their pizza but it was over priced for pizza. It was all edible but really not our favorite.

Has it gotten better? Should we give it a try? TIA
Well ... this may end up being a non-answer. Maybe not. Let's see...
We have eaten at Tony's maybe 7 or 8 times. It's never on our must do list, but sometimes the time and place just line up and it's usually easy enough to get a last minute table.

IMO, MK is the weakest link for restaurants. That said, Tony's has given us a couple top notch meals and a couple just-okay meals and I don't think it's ever given us a really bad meal. The theming is cute and for its location it's surprisingly calm inside.

All else being equal, I prefer Skipper's Canteen for it's better theming and better adult drinks. The Canteen's food offering is even more mercurial. We have gotten both our best and worst MK entrees in the same sitting there.

Tony's though is a safe bet on food.

And be sure to ask is Butch and his current paramour (whoever she might be) are available for a visit, the waiter will return with a paw-print card.

Edit to add... Something I recall that other people have found useful. Tony's does not follow the trend in Italian cuisine of making traditional recipes more memorable by making them spicier or otherwise heavily seasoned. Not to say the food is bland. But a lot of people approach Italian dining with a fear of indigestion (that's a one spicy meatball) and I was happy to note this is not the case here. At least not to my experience.

OP: We have read all the bad reviews too. However, we decided to give it a try, because my daughter and her family always eat there and like it. So, we got an adr for our trip a couple of years ago. I was not too sure that it was a good idea.
The food was great! My husband had spaghetti and meatballs and loved it! I love chicken parmasean and their's was fantastic, one of the best I have eaten at any restaurant. The salad was good and fresh and the break service was delicious. Our waiter was attentive. We asked him if something had changed at Tony's recently? He said they had a new chef who was getting great reviews. I am so glad we didn't pay attention to the reviews and tried it ourselves. We have tried other highly rated (by the Disney public) restaurants and were disappointed, so you never know!
That is awesome! Thank you so much.

They have a newer head chef who is really trying.
Still not a fan of the red sauce, just not good.
Great location.
IMO, still a step down from Olive Garden at best.
As much as I love good Italian, we wil choose Skippers Canteen every time.

I agree I was underwhelmed with their red sauce, but I LOVE the shrimp scampi there. Is there better italian in WDW? Yes. But we aren't huge fans of the other TS meals in Magic Kingdom, and so it's a good option for us.

We used to go to Tony's every trip for years, but we felt there was a decline in the food quality over the years and it's now been probably 10 years since I've gone. I can't speak for recent experiences there, and I won't say it's terrible, but from my recollection, it's simply average Italian food.

Think step down from Olive Garden but more expensive. MK does not have great table service options and this is at the bottom. Not messing up spaghetti should not be hard,but it’s a low bar that they can’t get over. Some people may like it but if you want better Italian food this is not the place for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!