Too late to look into DVC points rental? February 2018 visit...

HawaiiBound

Earning My Ears
I'm very late to understanding how renting DVC points works. Should I bother to submit a request for a trip we want to take to Aulani in February. I already have a regular room reserved which I booked through Aulani. But now I see there are better options!!

Too late. Aulani has very few nights back to back. The last week of February is the best.

Agree with PP. February is a busy time of year there. I rented points for my September trip, which is low season, at 10 months out. Availability can be hard at Aulani at 7 months out, so this soon during high season would be very difficult. You could always put in a request, but I wouldn't count on it and make sure you have backup plans secured as well.

Agree with others, but what are your dates and what type of room are you looking for? Could take a peek at availability, just to give you an idea if there is anything at all available for you--even for a split stay (part point-rental, part cash).

Agree with others, but what are your dates and what type of room are you looking for? Could take a peek at availability, just to give you an idea if there is anything at all available for you--even for a split stay (part point-rental, part cash).
Does anyone have a general idea of availability. Looking for 3-5 consecutive nights in a studio. Next few months. Maybe February to April.

Rental brokers, and posters, seem to suggest Aulani is close to 100% booked at 7 months.

Should I bother to submit a request for a trip we want to take to Aulani in February.
I'd give it a try anyway. You'll never know otherwise and it could wind up saving you some money.

I would give it a try. If it works for you to move rooms you may get a day or two to save some cost or Just get a nicer view.

Availability for Aulani studios isn’t great. There’s a few chunks of 3 night ov studios. If you are willing to go up to a one bedroom ocean view then availability is much better. But of course they are a lot more points so probably defeats the savings goal. With the 5 night discounts Aulani runs, its usually just a slight savings when comparing renting at $14 vs booking direct with Aulani. If booking direct there’s always a chance of upgrading at check in if Resort isn’t full. No chance when using points. Orbitz and cheap tickets often offers up a $150 off coupon. Military discounts offered Sunday-Thursday. Right around the 30 day check in point it’s worth it to check for Dvc stays. Owners have to cancel 30 days in advance to avoid penalties on their points. I just saw a week stay open up yesterday for a hotel room in January at 16 points per night. It was only available for a couple hours. The hotel rooms go very quickly- typically need to own Aulani to get them. Studios also have limited availability. One bedroom is the easiest to get. vacation plans always change so it is feasible to get last minute rooms in any category.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!