Too Many Points?

iankh

It's never done till it's overdone
We hear a lot about people wanting more points, but has anyone ever felt they had too many points and sold off some of their points?

I actually feel like we have a few too many points at WDW. We have a 300 point contract so can't sell off some points. It's all or nothing. I wish I would have bought 2 150pt contracts. We are really a go every other year family. So I plan to sell excess points to friends and family for cost and others for more.

We are in the same boat. We only take 1 vacation a year and have 300 points. It is really too much for us but its all or nothing. I guess we'll be stuck banking and renting the extra points out. However, once we have kids, things may be different

Regardless of the fact that I know we have too many, if an AKL DVC comes out I'm soooo adding on! :thumbsup2

does this make the arguement that it is best to buy multiple contracts?
-- can you buy two August use years?... or do they need to be seperate months.
-- have they ever allow members to sell partial contracts?

Members can not sell partial contracts. They can only be broken up if Disney gets hem back, either through repo or first refusal.

Yes, you can buy multiple contracts for the same resort and/or use year, as long as you are either an existing member...or if you are a new member one of the contracts must be whatever the current "new member" minimum is (currently 150 points).

Our points are spread over 4 contracts. I have been thinking hard about what our usage is and whether to sell off some of the points.

Interesting. We actually purchased two contracts, because we first thought 230 points would be enough, but we found out after planning just the first year, that wasn't true, so we bought 150 more. I guess that was a smart thing to do in the long run if we decide to sell any off, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. We have been members for 9 years, and if anything, we are going more often than we used to!

We just recently purchase 2 contracts for 155 pts each -310. Glad we broke it in two. Right now I feel we have to many points because each one of our 1 bedroom stays has been 240 pts and 261 pts. We based out 310 purchase on April vacation and Christmas vacation.....so I guess if we want to go at these times we will need the points. 250 to 275 would be a good starting points.
Brownie

When we first bought we were only going to get 250 points. Our guide let us know that if we bought 300 we could get 2 contracts. One to give to each kid when they grew up. So we did that. Then we bought 120 more. So 3 contracts, 420 points. This way if we had to sell some we could, but I hope we never have to.

sajetto said:
Regardless of the fact that I know we have too many, if an AKL DVC comes out I'm soooo adding on! :thumbsup2

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: we are sooo in the same boat!!!!!! I'm waiting for AKL also!! then again, we may be waiting a long, long time!

This is a real head scratcher. I can't say that we have a ton of points, 362, to be exact, with most of them at VWL and the 75 at BWV. I just keep wondering if I should sell off my 37 point VWL contract, but then on the other hand, the points are paid for.

iankh said:
I just keep wondering if I should sell off my 37 point VWL contract, but then on the other hand, the points are paid for.

I've been thinking the same with my 45 BCV contract, but I'd only sell it to buy at BWV :rotfl2:

Too many BCV points but really want a VB contract (for that Beach Cottage) and if AKL came along, I'd want some of that action too!

I just bought in for 700 points ( 3 200 point contracts and 1 100 point contract). It may end up being too much but we'll see. I split them up this way because each one of these contracts has a child or granchild attached to them. I think the term is associate member. I plan to leave them to the kids when I pass. If they aren't interested or don't want the burden of annual dues I'll at least be able to sell the contracts a little easier.

We sold some of our points. We have enough left for two trips to WDW per year. We originally intended to use points for trading/cruising. We found it was better to just pay cash for the non Disney trips.

HBC

If you are losing points you have too many.

We are doing a new purchase at SSR and I originally did the paperwork for a total of 270 points. Rethought that about 10 hours after dropping them in the Fedex box and called my guide to do a rewrite before the paperwork is filed-contract is being split and rewritten to 150 points on one and 120 points on the other...this way I can always sell off one contract or the other when something that really inspires me comes along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!