• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

too much time missed from school?

dbal

Mouseketeer
Here is my dilemma: Our last trip to Disney was Oct. 2000. We were planning our next trip either late 02 or early 03. It will be myself dh, and 4 dds. Ages 13 to 1 yr. We didn't make ressies yet. Heres the problem- just found out that our 2 oldest girl's mother is taking them the 1st week in Oct. (my stepdaughters) So do you think 2 weeks broken up is too much time off of school? We really don't want to go in the summer. We are all so excited to go again and soon, but I'd like to hear some of your opinions.

Since our kids school closes 2 days before Thanksgiving for parent/teacher conferences we go then, the kids are only out of school for 2 days then. We just plan our conferences before we leave, and make sure all homework due is done, so the kids don't have to worry about the pileup when they get back.

Just make sure you get the girls on independent study before you leave. That is when the teachers get together the work they will miss before they leave and they turn it in when they return. I am a teacher and we do that all the time for kids who leave for longer than 2 weeks when their families return to Mexico for a month! In fact, I just had my own son on independent study when we were in WDW. Ask the teachers.....I would say go for it and just get their work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter