Toontown closing

mmdisneylover

Mouseketeer
Why is Toontown closing I cant imagine they aren't making money off of the game since its so expensive. My children have played for years sometimes being members or multiple members and sometimes free. I know I will miss the game and wish it would stay around or hopefully they will replace it with something bigger and better. I dont think they're gonna replace it though because email said they were gonna focus on the other existing games, so that's a bummer since we like this one. We get to play unlimited access for the next month but then it's gone.Sad Sad day when this happens.

Why is Toontown closing I cant imagine they aren't making money off of the game since its so expensive.

I was thinking that the hackers which made a system crash, about a week or more ago, not only cost Disney manpower to avert but loss of revenue. But was last straw in a series of hacks that now were freezing/crashing system and upsetting every paying customer who would want refunds or credit for loss of service. I'd love to see the hacker that created the problem to do some prison time...say one day for each person who feels loss over the discontinued game. Tell you what...lets just say an hour for each person. Perhaps we could each be compensated a small amount off their future wages. Must be a smart enough cookie to make a few bucks in the future right? I guess watching my daughter cry on and off for days as much as when her grandmother died has me a little raw.

I was thinking that the hackers which made a system crash, about a week or more ago, not only cost Disney manpower to avert but loss of revenue. But was last straw in a series of hacks that now were freezing/crashing system and upsetting every paying customer who would want refunds or credit for loss of service. I'd love to see the hacker that created the problem to do some prison time...say one day for each person who feels loss over the discontinued game. Tell you what...lets just say an hour for each person. Perhaps we could each be compensated a small amount off their future wages. Must be a smart enough cookie to make a few bucks in the future right? I guess watching my daughter cry on and off for days as much as when her grandmother died has me a little raw.

Yeah feel sorry for the kids they don't understand why. I told my son and he cried and said it was the worst day of his life since that was leaving and his best friend was moving later that week. He was going to play more Toontown to pass the time since their isn't any kids his age around anymore. We bought him the Disney Infinity but isn't the same you have to be a gamer to play. Toontown was easy anyone can play it, he's seven but can't read the best so the DI game is a little hard for him. He will get the hang of it eventually. I hope they will come out with something else but I guess not if they closed due to hackers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!