Top Of The World Lounge

ryan759

Earning My Ears
We are DVC members staying on points at AKL in a few weeks - just wondering if the Top Of The World Lounge is still open to DVC members who are NOT staying at BLT? We really want to check out the great views from the lounge but have yet to be able to get a reservation at BLT. I know they were letting non BLT guests up to the lounge for a while.

We are DVC members staying on points at AKL in a few weeks - just wondering if the Top Of The World Lounge is still open to DVC members who are NOT staying at BLT? We really want to check out the great views from the lounge but have yet to be able to get a reservation at BLT. I know they were letting non BLT guests up to the lounge for a while.

I think the only black out dates left are at the end of December..30-31, so if you are not going then, you will be fine.

Bring your DVC member card and your room key. You may need to show both. I have enjoyed the lounge many times!:thumbsup2

I hate when I do this - posting a question without looking everywhere for the answer first!!! - YES the Top Of The World Lounge is currently open to all DVC members staying on Walt Disney World Property (staying on points or cash) until December 31, 2013. Visitors NOT staying at BLT must take Disney transportation to the Contemporary Resort (there's no parking for visitors that are just going to the Top Of The World Lounge), Go to the ground floor lobby of BLT and check in at the Top Of The World Desk. The lounge is open from 6pm till midnight.

After posting my question at the Disney Mom's Panel I actually searched for my question and found it had already been answered there & they directed over to the BLT page on the DVC website that answered my question.

So, just to clarify we are DVC members but we are staying at the Contemporary on cash in September (I am there for a work conference). Can we get into the lounge?

So, just to clarify we are DVC members but we are staying at the Contemporary on cash in September (I am there for a work conference). Can we get into the lounge?

From DVCMember.com under 'Destinations' > 'Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort':
Disney Vacation Club Members staying at any Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with vacation points or cash) may enjoy access to one of the vacation kingdom's most exclusive spaces: the Top of the World Lounge atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort through December 29, 2013 (blockout dates in 2013 are July 3 and 4, and December 30 and 31). Current operating hours are 6 p.m. to midnight.

This perk is available exclusively to Members and those in their traveling party who are staying on that Member's reservation. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present his or her current Key to the World card displaying a Disney Vacation Club Membership notation in order to gain admission to the lounge. If the Member's Key to the World card doesn't display a Membership notation, a Disney Vacation Club Member ID is required in addition to the Key to the World card to verify Membership.

Note that Members traveling from other Resorts must use Walt Disney World Transportation, as parking is unavailable to anyone not staying at Bay Lake Tower or Disney's Contemporary Resort. Upon arrival, Members must walk to the Bay Lake Tower main lobby entrance on the ground floor and check in at the Top of the World Lounge desk in the lobby.

This special Top of the World Lounge access is available on a first-come, first-served basis until the lounge reaches capacity. As the lounge is particularly popular during the Magic Kingdom fireworks, arriving as early as possible will give Members the best chance of gaining admission.

Can a DVC (BLT) owner/member staying at BLT take guests from outside Disney resorts.

Thanks

this is awesome, i had no idea, i thought it was restricted to BLT guests (i thought that is what i understood when we signed up this past april):cool1:

Are there any other perks like that? (other than Pool hopping and discount in stores):banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter