Top of the World Lounge

DOMFAR

Earning My Ears
Hi,
New DVC member. If I wanted to watch Happily Ever After on a Thursday night at 8:00 pm. any suggestions as to what time to get to BLT. This will be our first time going and don't want to get turned away if they are full. Thanks

For most nights, 30 minutes prior to the start time should be plenty. The capacity is 499, so they will rarely turn people away on non-blockout dates.

Keep in mind that you probably won't be able to see the castle projections for HEA because of the distance.

For most nights, 30 minutes prior to the start time should be plenty. The capacity is 499, so they will rarely turn people away on non-blockout dates.

Keep in mind that you probably won't be able to see the castle projections for HEA because of the distance.
Thanks. one more week. Have you been there before?

You should be fine if you arrive 30 minutes prior. It’s one of our favorite spots! :cloud9:

We were there a few weeks ago, and spent a few hours there watching the changing sky, and then, of course the fireworks. The fireworks photos were taken through the window lol!

B34BC447-04B8-4CD8-AD88-353D626A8BD3.jpeg 51580CEA-5037-4221-BADA-1863A2097FD4.jpeg 3DD1F83D-3DB7-4B40-A131-FE806285FD0B.jpeg 8D6A350F-7DC0-48B7-8B76-AB8961B14865.jpeg 0A73B54A-EE7A-4A45-BEC8-6156C43BCD2F.jpeg 82CA9D73-AD92-420A-B3B0-010733CD571C.jpeg 4E58AB35-4073-4B4C-8BC8-2F20B0A4E804.jpeg

You should be fine if you arrive 30 minutes prior. It’s one of our favorite spots! :cloud9:

We were there a few weeks ago, and spent a few hours there watching the changing sky, and then, of course the fireworks. The fireworks photos were taken through the window lol!

View attachment 353575 View attachment 353576 View attachment 353577 View attachment 353578 View attachment 353579 View attachment 353580 View attachment 353581
Very Nice Pictures . Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to go

I'm new to DVC too! I went in August, and my group arrived about 45 minutes before HEA. We were able to sit at one of the high-top tables...and there were plenty of other tables and couches open. I personally like to get there early to share some apps and drinks with my family before the show starts. Also, they'll put a little sign on your table if you want to go out on the balcony and watch the fireworks, so that no one takes your spot.

TOTWL is nice and you do have a view of aerial fireworks but the castle is off in the distance. Most posted photos are zoomed in which can be deceiving.

:earsboy: Bill

I'm new to DVC too! I went in August, and my group arrived about 45 minutes before HEA. We were able to sit at one of the high-top tables...and there were plenty of other tables and couches open. I personally like to get there early to share some apps and drinks with my family before the show starts. Also, they'll put a little sign on your table if you want to go out on the balcony and watch the fireworks, so that no one takes your spot.
Thanks

First time staying at BLT, so looking forward to going.. will be very convenient.:cheer2: Thanks for all the posted pics!:banana:

Do they let you go up to see the fireworks if you are not staying at BLT? When they opened you could not go up unless you were DVC staying at BLT at the time. We stayed in cash and owned BLT and they would not let us up.

Do they let you go up to see the fireworks if you are not staying at BLT? When they opened you could not go up unless you were DVC staying at BLT at the time. We stayed in cash and owned BLT and they would not let us up.

I thought this might be helpful for you:

From Disney Vacation Club's website...

"Disney Vacation Club Members staying at any Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with Vacation Points or cash) may enjoy access one of the vacation kingdom's most exclusive spaces: Top of the World Lounge atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort through December 29, 2018."

Block out dates are July 3rd/4th and December 30th/31st due to the amazement of the fireworks show. Those are the only nights it is reserved for DVC members staying at BLT.

Hi,
New DVC member. If I wanted to watch Happily Ever After on a Thursday night at 8:00 pm. any suggestions as to what time to get to BLT. This will be our first time going and don't want to get turned away if they are full. Thanks
Welcome:welcome:Hope that you enjoy TOW!:banana:

I thought this might be helpful for you:

From Disney Vacation Club's website...

"Disney Vacation Club Members staying at any Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with Vacation Points or cash) may enjoy access one of the vacation kingdom's most exclusive spaces: Top of the World Lounge atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort through December 29, 2018."

Block out dates are July 3rd/4th and December 30th/31st due to the amazement of the fireworks show. Those are the only nights it is reserved for DVC members staying at BLT.
Thanks .. I was hoping you would not have to prove that you are staying on property. When I have staying in Vero I was going to come up to WDW and spend the day not in the parks. I had hoped to go there and see the fireworks. So I guess they check where you are staying from your band and make sure you are DVC.

Thanks .. I was hoping you would not have to prove that you are staying on property. When I have staying in Vero I was going to come up to WDW and spend the day not in the parks. I had hoped to go there and see the fireworks. So I guess they check where you are staying from your band and make sure you are DVC.
Vero Beach is considered on-site for access to the TOTWL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter