Toss In Some Layers

PamOKW

<font color=green>The two most important items for
If you're heading to WDW soon, toss in some gloves with the bathing suit. Nighttime temps are dipping into the 30-40 range.

Weather

Thanks for the advice ... I think I may be taking down more clothing on this trip than I did on my last trip. I keep reading threads that say you should be prepared for everything :p I've got a couple pairs of shorts, jeans, t-shirts and sweatshirts ... since I'm coming from the North, I'll probably have my winter jacket as well *lol*

Yes. it is better to be prepared for all types of weather at this time of year. We leave in 27 days and will be bringing hats, gloves, jackets and bathing suits! Gloves are expensive in the parks!

Yes, the good thing is that the temps rebound quickly -- hence, the need to bring a little of everything. ;) It's a little unusual for the roller coaster to start so early. Early December folks usually squeak out the last of the warm weather and the roller coaster starts around 12/21. ;)

We enjoyed the Illuminations cruise last year on Christmas night and froze! (Thank goodness our "Captain" packed blankets!)

We realized it was cool but never considered the wind chill effect caused by the moving boat, or how much the temp could drop in the course of the evening.

We all like to travel light, but it's better safe than sorry.

BTW, the Illuminations Cruise was a treat we'll never forget!

Originally posted by djkeenan

We realized it was cool but never considered the wind chill effect caused by the moving boat, or how much the temp could drop in the course of the evening.

!
same with the boats to FW and WL.... gets down right "nippy"

southerners may find it really cold, but the only time it has been 30s when were were there was the middle of the night so I think that would be pretty unusual to really need gloves ( but then again we are from the north) since I can only think of a few days we needed jeans in the many times we have gone that time of year but.... it depends on what you consider cold

We've repacked once and may have to again before we leave on Saturday. Now we have to worry about weather here too!!

We leave Thursday for 5 nights at US with MVMCP on Dec 7. I think I packed more for this trip than our 12 night trip to WDW/US this past May. I can't believe that I had to pack turtlenecks right beside my swim suit!

Back in 2000, our 10 day trip the first week of December saw temps ranging from 32 while we were at MVMCP --- up to 80 on our last day. They handed out hand warmers to employees. They were so cold. And I was surprised how cold 32 felt to us considering we are from MA. ???

Yup.....earmuffs, gloves, turtleneck.........shorts, tanks, bathing suit. We used it all.

Most days...I had 2-3 layers that I kept adding to or subtracting from.

We were there last year in January and never needed a coat at all!! I was feeling pretty good about packing light this year but then got chicken and have packed EVERYTHING again. I got us all long sleve t-shirts to wear under all our WDW t-shirts and tossed in an extra sweat shirt, gloves and hats. Will be tossing in our mid-wieght jackets too. Also packed the swim suits and shorts. Oh well, we will be at WDW, we will be happy in any weather.

jordan's mom

It always seems colder to me at Epcot than the thermometer indicates - the water from the lake makes everything seem colder and the benches at Candlelight Processional can be ice cold. We have learned to take enough clothing to go both ways, including gloves and hats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter