Totally Off Topic - Adapted Athletics

SueM in MN

combining the teacups with a roller coaster
There was a very interesting article in the Minneapolis Star Tribune newspaper last Sunday about adapted athletics. One of the most interesting things about it was that it was a front page (taking up most of the page) story and inside it continued for 2 entire pages, with quite a few pictures.
Link to first story.
Link to second story.
Also, the newspaper lists results of adapted sports with all the other high school results, so you can follow a team without knowing someone on the team who can tell you the results.

Yay! Nice article!! My two kids just started little league this year on a special needs team. My dd 5 has spastic quad cp and my ds 7 has adhd. The team ranges in age from 5 to 18 with each one bringing different abilities. They have buddies that help out where needed. I can't tell you how great it is to have this available to them. While this is their first year, it is really impressive to see the older kids who have been on the team for 10+ yrs who started when they were my kids age. Its so much fun and a really wonderful program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter