touring plans ?? worth it or not?? free customizable options available?

Cgulati

Earning My Ears
Hi

Based on your fast pass selections, are there any websites which would give you free touring plans?
Are they effective?

If not, then you pay for the plan- $15 - is it worth it?

Any guidance/ recs would be appreciated.

This is our first time to Disney and we are family of 4 travelling with a 4 yr old and 10 yr old.

Thanks
Chandni

There are several other threads with this exact same question. Do a quick search. Pretty sure that most people think it is easily worth the price. I absolutely think it's worth the price. It saves a lot of time for your planning, if you are a planner, especially for a first timer.

Hi

Based on your fast pass selections, are there any websites which would give you free touring plans?
Are they effective?

This is our first time to Disney and we are family of 4 travelling with a 4 yr old and 10 yr old.

Thanks
Chandni
We find Touring Plans well worth it. The plans are interesting but we don't follow them. They are fun to look at and it's fun to make your own but (for us) once we get into the park we tend to ditch any plans and just go where we feel like going.

If you are planning on following a "plan" on your first visit the ones on Touring Plans look great.

Considering the overall cost of a WDW trip it's worth the $15.

This exactly.

I do mock touring plans just to see what the estimated wait times may be. I know it's not exact but it's fun to check out. It gives me an idea of what we can probably accomplish on a certain day. We don't ever follow the plan though. It's just a rough guide for certain parks, especially AK. I'm not very familiar with AK since we have always gone in the dead of summer and I can't handle the heat in that park so we haven't spent much time there. Next trip it should be cooler so I particularly checked out the touring plans for AK and it has helped me a lot.

I put off subscribing it until a few weeks ago and I'm loving it. I've never been to WDW before and making mock itineraries has helped me get an idea of what is reasonable vs unreasonable to try to accomplish. I don't plan on sticking to it 100% (only because my family would be angry if I go through the trip like a drill sergeant) but I like the ball park plan.
Also many people have said that the wait time estimates are much more accurate/honest than Disney's. So day of, it should be helpful.

Hi

Are they effective?

Thanks
Chandni

Some of their services are available with a free subscription (you just create a free account). With a paid subscription, you get access to everything. Personally, I like the paid subscription when I'm in planning mode, but you could check out the stuff they offer for free, and see if you want to upgrade.

Free stuff even includes customizable touring plans. Their premium touring plans are under the paid subscription. I want to say the room fax service is free, but I could be mistaken on that one.

They used to offer coupon codes. I don't know if one is currently available or not.

I think it's worth. I used the "personalize" touring plans, and it worked out great. It was also nice to have"my list of things to do" to remind me where we're going next.

I get it just for the lines app. I don't mess with setting up custom touring plans.

Same here. Last week in the parks I used the lines app rather than the Disney app for wait times and found it to be far more accurate. Since the lines app also shows you the posted wait time, it's easy to compare and see which one ends up being correct or more accurate. The same was the case back in June for me. The wait times posted by Disney are not very accurate and the lines app I've found to be accurate about 95% of the time.

ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT to me! It works! And the chat feature in the app is SO helpful... very friendly people with quick answers and good advice! For me it is worth every penny... especially considering that we pay at least 100x the subscription amount for our trips!

Touring Plans all the way. It’s well worth it. Take time to research and check out the site. It gives you so much more than just customizable plans which is worth the price by itself. Everything else is icing. Have an awesome trip!!

Easywdw.com and Kennythepirate.com have touring plans but they aren't personalized.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter