Tow Rigs and Truck Mods

LONE-STAR

<font color=green>1000 miles to far from Disney<br
I figured this would be a good thread to talk about what works on your truck.

So I was wondering have any of you used a programer on a ford diesel 6.0 while towing. I towed our new toy hauler to the beach over the weekend. 8000 pounds empty 11000 pounds loaded. The truck needed more power. I was looking at a SCT programer. Or a dodge truck.

we are biased but we say DODGE DIESEL. this is our neighbors truck. it has every option and accessory known to man on it.

fish004.jpg

I would have a Dodge if they built a crew cab with a real bed. The quad-cab back seat is a joke. Now if they'd slap an 8' bed on the mega-cab I'd be there. I'll just hang onto my F350 CC. My next tow vehicle purchase will probably have a Detroit or Cat under the hood anyway.

For those that need to tow less than 4K lbs, I have been super happy with my Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4.0 V6

Mine did not have the tow package (only had the 4-pin and bumper hitch), but has a transmission cooler standard. I added the Class III hitch receiver and the 7-pin with charge line and it tows my 2K lb T@B like it isn't there.

It has decent 5-passenger seating and the back seat folds down for extra cargo room. One of the things I really like is the vinyl floorboards. No carpet to get nasty. The bed is only 4 foot, but I like it.

100_4557.jpg

I would have a Dodge if they built a crew cab with a real bed. The quad-cab back seat is a joke. Now if they'd slap an 8' bed on the mega-cab I'd be there. I'll just hang onto my F350 CC.

I agree with you I thank I am just going to get the programer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!