Towel Animals

starbox

"There is more treasure in books than in all the p
We've stayed at SSR.HHI. VB. OKW, and VWL and so far, every place except OKW has had a towel animal that related to the resort somehow. I'm just curious - are the towel animals a "resort thing" or an individual CM mousekeeper thing?

We've stayed at SSR.HHI. VB. OKW, and VWL and so far, every place except OKW has had a towel animal that related to the resort somehow. I'm just curious - are the towel animals a "resort thing" or an individual CM mousekeeper thing?

Good morning. The first time we ever experienced this was back in 1992 on our first stay at Disney at the CBR. We just thought it was so sweet and thoughful. We've always seen it at Disney since, but nowhere else. We did a cruise on the Wonder a few years ago and they had some real creative animals. They also had a class on the ship to learn how to make them. I'm not sure who started this, but it has become a very popular thing. :)

We have stayed at BWV, VWL and OKW for a total of about 12 DVC trips and on our last trip we saw our first towel animal.

Okay, it was a Mickey head...close enough, right?

Anicesurprise.jpg

I think it is pretty much up to individual mousekeeper, based on our experience.

We stayed at SSR a couple of months ago - no towel creations for us. :confused3

We got them every day when we took our Carnival cruise in '05 though. Very cute. :goodvibes

We stayed at SSR a couple of months ago - no towel creations for us. :confused3

It's pretty hit-or-miss. I don't recall ever having one in our room until about our 7th or 8th trip. That included stays at POFQ, OKW, BCV, BWV and SSR.

We have stayed at ASMU and Movies , CBR, VB, HHI, SSR and OKW and have had them at all of them. My dd loves them. I might be shocked if we walked in and they were not there (though I am sure it will happen):goodvibes

We have stayed at too many resorts to count and we only found a towel animal on check in at HHI (a mickey head), once at SSR, and DCL. So I guess it's all up to the Mousekeeper's discretion and time available.

I haven't actually gotten any on our DVC stays, which doesn't surprise me with the limited housekeeping services we get. But at our stay at CBR I got to see first hand that it was an individual mousekeeper thing.

My brother's room was in a different part of the same building my sister's family and my own room were in. We all gave daily tips of similar value for each of the 3 rooms. My sister and I both had well cleaned rooms. My brother, however, had a clean room and a scene from Bambi with all the towel animals. And each day there was more...bunnies and turtles and dogs and other misc creatures. I admit, I kidnapped a bunny:blush:

My first personal towel animal to be received was at Pop. It's funny, isn't it, the things that can make us happy. :goodvibes

hey I love them too.

I will definitely give a bigger tip for a maid who does the towel animals than one who doesn't.

they are just so darn cute.

I won one at VWL!!!!!:rotfl:

Must be an individual mousekeeper thing b/c we had a couple of small ones when we stayed at SSR last May - yes I brought one home, I couldn't resist! At HHI last September we had a couple of larger ones as well. I guess we're lucky!

I've been to Disney a few times in the past 25 years - not as many as others - deluxe hotels, moderate hotels and DVC. I've never gotten a towel animal. It appears to be pretty hit or miss - and with DVC more miss since mousekeeping isn't in your room as often. My parents got them once when they were travelling with us - they were in a different part of the building.

Now, we got lovely towel animals on DCL every day, and learned how to make them, too.

The best towel animal so far:
VB Lobster
img_3962.jpg

In March i got bouquet of flowers done in a plastic cup with shamrock stickers on it,,,a puppy,,, mickey ears and a bunny ,,(somehow the puppy is now in my bathroom at home) :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter