Towels at the pools?

hmcater

Mouseketeer
Hi! This will be our first time staying at Fort Wilderness, we're renting a camper. I read somewhere that there are no towels at the Fort Wilderness pools, like other Disney resorts. Is this true? Just trying to plan on if we should bring our own or not.

Yes, that is correct - there are no towels provided at FW.

I believe the "Deluxe Resorts" provide towels but I don't think they classify FW as a "Deluxe Resort"

Those darn people from Wilderness Lodge would take them all if we had some.... :sad2:

Yes, that is correct - there are no towels provided at FW.

I believe the "Deluxe Resorts" provide towels but I don't think they classify FW as a "Deluxe Resort"
All levels of Resorts (even Values) provide pool towels; the only one that doesn't is Ft Wilderness.

All levels of Resorts (even Values) provide pool towels; the only one that doesn't is Ft Wilderness.

Good to know! I hadn't realized value resorts provided towels. That's really a shame they don't provide them at FW then.

That's a bummer, but thank you for the information everyone! Guess I know to make sure I pack some then LOL

Its unfortunate that pool towels arent provided. Does anyone know if they ever were ? I can see the potential for abuse being huge.

Its unfortunate that pool towels arent provided. Does anyone know if they ever were ? I can see the potential for abuse being huge.

They figure that since you are at a resort room that if you take a towel from the pool you will leave it in the room and thus it stays in circulation. Where at the Fort your "room" is on wheels and thus they will very likely become shop towels and so we don't get them. Most people camping usually have their own towels. Fine by me. I prefer my Toy Story towel anyway.

Oh and no free ice!

At resorts you get small bucket to fill up, not very much. At campground this is usually a full size cooler and considered "much"

speaking of that, I'm seriously considering an ice maker for my camper...

Last edited:
The Dometic ice makers from camping world work pretty darn well. They are not freezers but spit out ice pretty fast and you just add water. Nice on your patio even with ice maker inside. Stops having to go in and out all the time.

The Dometic ice makers from camping world work pretty darn well. They are not freezers but spit out ice pretty fast and you just add water. Nice on your patio even with ice maker inside. Stops having to go in and out all the time.

Based on the design and the layout of the controls you will find that I think there are at most 4 different machines made in 4 different factories that just have different stickers on them.

So if they look the same and one is cheaper, everything else being the same, I would pick the cheaper one.

Okay, since I derailed the thread...
Ya. I started to add that I have used many towels at the FW pool(s). Of course, they are the ones I brought my self.

And I did take them back to my camper, so there is that argument. :)

j

I will get into joining this thread by confirming it for the 23847502th time.... LoL

Unless they changed something but you bring your own towel from the trailer. Come to thing of it, I don't think I have been to any campground that had towel service at the pool. The only places were we got towel service were the resort hotels, Typhoon Lagoon (never been to the Blizzard Beach), and when we did cabana service at Hershey Park's water park. We actually got a set of towels, drink ware, and a pool bag as part of our cabana to keep. So those towels are in the trailer and used often when we camp. Typhoon Lagoon was just "unlimited" towels. IF we needed more they brought more.

Still no Fort trip on the radar. Too many other things to see and do in the world. Wife still does not want to move closer to Florida either so no weekend trips either lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!