Tower of Terror bellhops...

Babyfatt

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone. :wave2:

I live here in the L.A. area and a question just came to mind:

Do the CMs in bellhop uniforms where the goulish make-up like they have on in the bilboards and ads? If so, do they do it at both coasts?

Living in L.A. I see a lot of advertising for the new TOT here at Disney's Calif. Adventure.

I understand if they don't wear make-up outside in the FL summer but what about inside?

Thanks all!!!

No, they don't wear makeup. That's just for the TV ads. Those are great ads, by the way. I love "Bingo". I wonder if those ads are reruns of the ones run when the WDW ToT opened? And how far east are the DCA ToT ads running?

My kids were addicted to ToT the last time we went, and rode it innumerable times. Once after the ride ended and the "elevator" doors opened back up, the CM outside fell into the elevator as if he were falling over dead. He had the perfect facial expression and pose as he went over. It was hilarious!

He (and the other CM's) did not wear makeup - but boy, did he make up for it!

I understand the positions are only open to ghouls and zombies.

I always found it interesting how they "creatively" advertise the actual ride as well. People standing up screaming, when in reality you are strapped into seats. It's all part of the magic, I guess!! Our family's favorite ride.
WDW TOMORROW FOR 11 DAYS:wave2: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

My DD12 went on the ToT for the first time last week. She was very nervous about it, and the bell hop picked up on her first time jitters and stood close and creepily behind her at various points, especially in the dark library. He really added a great extra edginess to the experiance. We loved it.

My 8 yr. old DS was pretty much terrorized by TOT and he said the CMs were "very creepy". DH was surprised by how much "in character" they were. Although one creepy looking but kind CM leaned to DH's ear and reminded him there was a chicken exit if DS wanted out. DH kept offering it to DS but DS toughed it out and went on the ride. Says "never again".:rolleyes:

Originally posted by dzneelvr
People standing up screaming, when in reality you are strapped into seats.

When my brother and SIL went to WDW for their honeymoon right around when TOT first opened. They actually wouldn't go on TOT because they thought you had to stand up during it.

And then we didn't go when we all finally went together in January because my niece who had been wanting to go on it since she found out she was going suddenly decided she didn't want to do it. Of course, being 4.5 years old, we didn't force the issue.

And I LOVE creepy CM's. Makes the experience just a bit different than "normal".

We did see one CM at ToT who had to have been hired just for that ride. He was a "little person" and was absolutely perfect for this attraction. DS kept asking if he was real.

I am a CM at the ToT and we all have our own unique style. Some of us get more into character than others and thats part of the hotels charm. When I was trained I was so lucky because I had two trainers instead of one because One of the CM's was being trained as a trainer. Each of my trainers was so differant and I have a combonation of both of them...which is really neat.

Melissa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter